Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil H
    replied
    You are far too generous Sally.

There's a well-established name for people like V-A-J : snake oil salesman.

He really doesn't get it does he - so full of himself that he cannot see how ridiculous he appears - with no real knowledge of the subject he says interests him.

He cannot see how weak his credentials are and how far from any sort of respect - purely because of his own self-obsessed approach.

This sort of writing is usually asscoiated with Atlantis, UFOs and aliens built the pyramids. Von Daniken and Graham Hancock are prime exponents. They find a few "facts" that point in the right direction, then use clever prose to link them, cover the weak points of the argument and suggest to wek minds that they have a case. They never do - and when exposed to rigorous scrutiny their argument falls apart - it never had substance.

Unfortunately, by then, they have laughed all the way to the bank.

So Dale, don't point your grubby finger at those who take this case seriously - take a long hard look in the mirror.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Sally
    replied
    I'll believe it when I see it Dale. Nothing less than proof mind you. Otherwise, all you have is yet another obsessively cherished theory. Far too many of those as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    I’ve learned through the process of this book, as with other things in life, there will always be haters who choose to show their true colors. Just as with many other discoveries and inventions throughout history, there are always those who stick their nose into the fray simply because what’s presented goes against the status quo. They are blind to the facts presented because they don’t wish to believe something could be true. It would spoil things for them if it were so.

I’ve also learned, as history teaches, it’s better to ignore such persons. They will always be there, full of venom, chocking on a gnat, while swallowing a camel. Meanwhile, I march on, unfazed, clinging to truth and a dream, happy to be on this earth, alive and well.

No need to direct this towards anyone. You know if it applies to you.

Oh, and by the way, heavily researched both sides of the coin—Ripper murders and letters and Van Gogh’s life and letters. The evidence leads nowhere else but to the shocking conclusion—Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper!

What fun. Ha!

Cheers,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi V.A.L.

Why not just quit whilst you're behind?

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Phil H
    replied
    I can't say I've ever had a general interest in JTR.

Which says it all.

It is now utterly apparent that sensationalism and (probably money from bookslaes) are all that this clown is interested in - oh and his own ego (as evidenced by his self-publicising)!

How you can propose a suspect without doing the work to check against the detail of the case astounds me. Superficial suggests to much depth to this vangopher.

What a sad and contemptible piece of work in comparison to the valuable and painstaking yet modestly advanced work of the Sheldens on MJK, which REALLY advances knowledge and makes a significant contribution to the case.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Sally View Post
    Indeed, one could be forgiven for thinking that publicity was the raison d'etre of this thread all along.

Although for a long time I did think Dale had a genuine interest in JTR...
    I can't say I've ever had a general interest in JTR. My interest is specific, only as it relates to the true identity of the killer--Vincent van Gogh.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    I heard it live and suspected it was someone from on here. Nothing wrong with some free advertising - you never know who's listening.
    Indeed, my thinking exactly. You never know who's listening. I also think that once the reality of this is understood, plenty will be listening.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

• Sally
    replied
    You professed to have been breaking the story on the show, whereas I'm sure you got much more publicity on these forums for the past few months
    Indeed, one could be forgiven for thinking that publicity was the raison d'etre of this thread all along.

Although for a long time I did think Dale had a genuine interest in JTR...

Leave a comment:

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    I heard it live and suspected it was someone from on here. Nothing wrong with some free advertising - you never know who's listening.
    Even if with only one ear...

All the best

Dave

Leave a comment:

• sdreid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nemo
    replied
    Dale, you only just managed to mention about VVG before you were quite rudely cut off, so I'm not sure why you see that as a plus

With respect, I don't think anyone reading these boards is interested in these failed attempts at publicity Dale

You professed to have been breaking the story on the show, whereas I'm sure you got much more publicity on these forums for the past few months than from the show, and you provided here links to previous attempts to "break the story" which went largely unnoticed

Could you provide a link to your publishers please Dale as I'd like to read/hear any blurb they might have produced in support of your book - you never know, I might order a copy

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    Book Discussed on Rush Limbaugh Show

Helped break the story some today. Called into the Rush Limbaugh show and Rush allowed me to let everyone know what the book was about. You can listen to the conversation from here:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/dalelarner/c...w-van-gog-ascd

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi DADW,

No problem.

My current favourite red is Rancho Sisquoc Meritage 2010.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Digalittledeeperwatson
    replied
    No prob

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi DADW,

For me it will be an undoubted pleasure.

A chilled glass of Flor Prosecco, if that's okay with you.

Regards,

Simon
    I'll have one with you. If you can make it red we can get a bottle a piece and go to town. White doesn't do it for me. Have to be resplendent.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi DADW,

For me it will be an undoubted pleasure.

A chilled glass of Flor Prosecco, if that's okay with you.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X