No announcement yet.

I'm out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to announce that I'll never be out. This place is way too entertaining to leave (see above). Even if everyone decides to depart, Stan Reid and I will hang around to turn off the lights.

And I've never eaten pigeon. I once heard a New Yorker describe pigeons as rats with wings and it sort of put me off them.

Comment

Absolutely Maurice! I'm not out until I'm either dead or in prison
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
        No ham and peas pudding sarnies on the menu?
        Sadly, no.

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
        And I've never eaten pigeon. I once heard a New Yorker describe pigeons as rats with wings and it sort of put me off them.
        Thoroughly agree and can't stand pigeons in life. That pigeon dish in Paris was yummy, but I was mostly tasting the cacao sauce (which would possibly even had covered up rat-taste. :-)) One of the things I like about my little apartment over the roofs of Paris is, I have seagulls. They come from the river. They don't get invasive like pigeons, just fly above and make nice voices.

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
        I just wanted to announce that I'll never be out.This place is way too entertaining to leave (see above). Even if everyone decides to depart, Stan Reid and I will hang around to turn off the lights.
        One nice thing about casebook is, due to globalized participation the lights are always on and there's always somethin' going on. Sorta like in a sitcom.
        One thing I know, if I ever decide to leave (do I hear people dancing around in anticipation?), I won't bother to announce it like a drama queen. The best way to leave is unannounced.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

One of the reasons I started this thread was to warn those who stated that they intended to PM me at some stage over the next few weeks that I won't be around.....and that included you Maria (as you wished to discuss the VCs)

Never said I'm leaving, did say I won't post new research, hence the Dragons Den title.

Monty.
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Many apologies for the highjacking, Monty, which I'm pretty sure I didn't start.

Would it be possible to perhaps email you about the WVC? It might require a couple more days for me to finish preparing, as I'm involved in some complex negotiations with a N.Y. library pertaining to ordering the AFs (so that Lynn and Michael get them before Xmas), plus I've got a tricky situation to entangle with my boss which takes up tons of my time.

We're all looking forward to when your current research will be presented in articles.
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

Glad you're not leaving, Number Six. This means that you won't be kidnapped, taken to a village on the Welsh coast, and asked "Why did you resign?"

Regards

Number Two

Comment

top dog

Hello Robert. But who is #1?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Hi Lynn

That would be Monty's alter ego, whom I shall call Dark Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    That would be Monty's alter ego, whom I shall call Dark Monty.
                    If Dark Monty takes over, what would Rob Clack do?
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                      One of the reasons I started this thread was to warn those who stated that they intended to PM me at some stage over the next few weeks that I won't be around.....and that included you Maria (as you wished to discuss the VCs)

Never said I'm leaving, did say I won't post new research, hence the Dragons Den title.

Monty.
                      Hi Monty,

I'm just trying to catch up on things here after only five days away, and what do I see when I return? You telling us you won't be around for a very long time! (At least, that's how I read your post). I've now read all the following posts, thinking 'How can he leave me like this when our relationship has only just started?'.

You really are a naughty boy for scaring us all.

Behave yourself and good luck with your new research.

Love
                      Carol xxx

Comment

Just giving you fair warning Carol.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Just giving you fair warning Carol.

Monty
                          I can take a hint! I'll try to improve (but don't hold your breath!).

Carol

Comment

Working...
                          X