Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Every cloud has a silver lining.

From now on Ripperworld won't be quite so flat as hitherto believed.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Enjoy the silence Simon,

Whilst you can.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi Monty,

Thank you.

Silence is golden.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by m_w_r View Post
          Just as a sidelight on the above statement, Maria has only failed to post on these boards on three days this month. Over the same duration, she has posted 110 times.

Regards,

Mark
          There's no inconsistency: Maria used to post 750 times a months, so these days she's just popping in on her way somewhere else.

We've gotta get out of the EU, by the way. Is this the right thread for that sort of talk? Seriously, time to call it a day. Nothing to do with Maria's fleet of foot approach to her posting volume, though. Whose idea was it to build the channel tunnel?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
            Whose idea was it to build the channel tunnel?
            So that non British Ripperologists attend conferences held in Whitechapel?
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

"Quitters never win, and winners never quit"

- Don't know who said it, but it was on the wall of my old football change rooms, sounded good.

Simon went fishing and got a catch.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                Its not forever Don,

Though the research is. No, its just I've a few things in the pipeline and haven't got the time at the moment.

Take more than the imbecilic to drive me away.

Monty
                It seems the imbecilic need to read more.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

"it was on the wall of my old football change rooms"

Did the manager scrub it off with a spong and if so I guess your scribbled the wording down in your notebook first.

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                    So that non British Ripperologists attend conferences held in Whitechapel?
                    Oh, it's not personal, Maria. I like you, and Germans in general.

But, please, let's have some compassion. It used to be branston pickle and somehow, by some freak of nature, we have been infiltrated by European ideas such as mayonnaise and the like.

See, these are the matters that occupy our collective mind, and we just ain't compatible with the French who have far greater ideals and aspirations to attend to (like putting an ounce of pigeon **** in the middle of a plate and charging upwards of 70 quid for it).

It's not personal. Once took my mum round Sandringham in Norfolk; she likes all that royal stuff. Anyway, was talking to the guide and in all seriousness she suggested that the motorways leading into Norfolk should be destroyed in order to preserve her/their conservative ideals. Being a liberal (although not left wing) Northerner, I was fascinated yet, ultimately, not surprised.

Anyway, you should know all about this with Heidegger and his Liberalism kills individuality approach to matters. So, we do have commonality of sorts.

England and France are like an old couple who have been married for years and are just sick of the sight of one another (and only really got together because they couldn't avoid one another). Let's do the decent thing and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                      and we just ain't compatible with the French who have far greater ideals and aspirations to attend to (like putting an ounce of pigeon **** in the middle of a plate and charging upwards of 70 quid for it).
                      Reminds me that last time I had pigeon in Paris it was served with cacao sauce, while the dessert menu featured “orange carpaccio seasoned with red pepper“. 40 quid for a 3 dish menu. And the restaurant features trees and several tables with swings instead of chairs.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

"Temporary retirement of Ripperologist provokes Euro debate. Merkel informed. Osborne on standby."

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                          "Temporary retirement of Ripperologist provokes Euro debate. Merkel informed. Osborne on standby."
                          Robert, LOL.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

Robert strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Radio 4 EU debate this afternoon and all they could talk about was Greece, Spain and associates. A quick phone call: "have you any idea that the EU fall out extends beyond nation states, and has led to the collapse of the Casebook Cartel due to a prominent member resigning from his duties?" All the producer could say was: "yes, we're aware of it and it's disappointing, but we feel it would be inappropriate to comment on the grounds that Radio 4 could be held accountable by the cartel, such is their power and influence". So I said: "you've been speaking to Trevor haven't you" and they said: "no comment".

And that was that.

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                                Reminds me that last time I had pigeon in Paris it was served with cacao sauce, while the dessert menu featured “orange carpaccio seasoned with red pepper“. 40 quid for a 3 dish menu. And the restaurant features trees and several tables with swings instead of chairs.
                                No ham and peas pudding sarnies on the menu?

Comment

Working...
                                X