Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out

I'm done.

My mail addy is on my profile if you wish to contact me.

Any future research I conduct will be released to one of the mags or amongst the cartel.

Cheers
    Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Neil,

I well understand how you feel -- oh boy do I -- but to leave completely just means that the knaves, fools, boors, yahoos, cheats and morons win by attrition. Would that they would all go haunt another house but until then do stay and ignore them unless they say something really stupid (yes, I know, that is almost always). Fact is, your very existence on the boards ruins their day every day.

Don.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hi Monty,

I hope it was just the timing and that my posts about looking closer at the medical evidence wasn't a factor in your latest decision to leave the boards.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Its not forever Don,

Though the research is. No, its just I've a few things in the pipeline and haven't got the time at the moment.

Take more than the imbecilic to drive me away.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Monty,
          I hope you and Rob don't leave the boards for good.
          On the other side (even as a newbie who has contributed to Ripperology only minimally), I really get how you must be feeling. All these circular threads about the apron, Stride, etc.. Facts get corrected repeatedly by the few people who are truly informed, and yet again, the same misconceptions and misunderstandings pop up in another thread a few days later. I admire some people's patience and longevity! Nowadays I hardly feel compelled to post at all myself (and you can laugh all the way about such a statement coming from a newbie)...
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Come on, Monty. This is not like you. Armchair buffoons like me need people like youself who bring some common sense to the boards.

Still, I suppose you must do as you see fit and best of luck to you. I will try to hold our end up on the cricket thread and see that Adam does not get above himself.

Very best wishes,
            Steve.

Comment

Neil,

I think the project you are working on is an outstanding endeavor and I wish you the best of luck. I will PM my e-mail address to you as I want to keep in contact.

There are many people out there who peruse these boards for information who are not members. That's why I try to provide what little information I know about this case on occasion and counter some arguments with what I hope can be seen as reasonable and based on that information. It can be frustrating to try and contribute that when it gets lost many times in page after page of circular arguments and personality conflicts. But, hey... such is human nature and it exist in every collective undertaking... at least every one I've been involved with.

After a couple of years of procrastination and runnin' around in circles I am finally starting to write some little things that I hope will be published. For the past few weeks I had been off the boards for that reason because there's only so much time for this, working and enjoying a few other hobbies. Its good to take a break.. and I will be absent more often myself...not that that is of any significance... and we find things ain't changed much when we get back.
              Last edited by Hunter; 11-28-2011, 02:00 AM.
              Best Wishes,
              Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Watch this space. He'll be back again in two weeks. Can't stay away from the cricket thread. It's like a magnet....

Cheers,
                Adam.

Comment

2 weeks? You think that long?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom:

Perhaps I was being a touch generous then. The man has had more comebacks than John Farnham....

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                      Nowadays I hardly feel compelled to post at all myself (and you can laugh all the way about such a statement coming from a newbie)...
                      Just as a sidelight on the above statement, Maria has only failed to post on these boards on three days this month. Over the same duration, she has posted 110 times.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

I loved the....

Facts get corrected repeatedly by the few people who are truly informed, and yet again, the same misconceptions and misunderstandings pop up in another thread a few days later. I admire some people's patience and longevity!
                        Finally she acknowledges my hard work on her behalf

Seriously though - the irony!!!!!

Tj
                        It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Hi Monty

What do you mean, you're out? Geoff Boycott was never out.

Besides, you're close to being Assistant Commissioner. THAT'S the time to take a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
                            Besides, you're close to being Assistant Commissioner. THAT'S the time to take a holiday.
                            That was hilarious.

Originally posted by m_w_r
                            Maria has only failed to post on these boards on three days this month.
                            One more day and we would have solved the case.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              One more day and we would have solved the case.
                              Hi Tom,

Quite possibly.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X