No announcement yet.

Burka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent oint Brummie! O.K. kids stop tusseling over the gender of a delusion. We are dangerously close to finding out how many angels there are on the head of a pin! Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Those angels are at my bloody pin again!!!

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
      Excellent oint Brummie! O.K. kids stop tusseling over the gender of a delusion. We are dangerously close to finding out how many angels there are on the head of a pin! Dave
      An accurate answer would require you to specify whether or not said angels were in fact "dancing" on the head of said pin, or actually packing themselves on as tightly as possible and trying to go for the record!!!

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
      And thus I clothe my naked villainy
      With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
      And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

I believe the medieval argument centered on dancing in unrecordlike way! Dave

Comment

Depends how large the angels' plates are, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
            GOD -" HIM"? "HIS" ?

You`ll have us in a Burka soon !!!!!!!
            How about that for getting the wrong end of two sticks at once.

It stands to reason that those who believe in the concept of God must see it as male.

As an atheist that suits me fine. I'd hate to think of a female God making such a spectacular mess of her powers of creation.

They'd now be accusing that female God of making men the kind of useless tits who would have their women in a burka.

Why would I have anyone in a burka, Rubyretro? I'm not God - or a man when I last looked. It sounds more like a Daily Mail scare story: "If we don't do something about it now, they'll have us all in burkas by Christmas".

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Talking to covered people.

Originally posted by brummie View Post
              An interesting news item on the subject of the burka:
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10750908
              Does any individual have the right not to speak with someone in a burka? And are the rules different for an MP,is he obliged to meet ALL his constituents?
              While I understand the right of every constituent to make representaions to their MP surely for a public figure there are security issues to be borne in mind.
              No British person should have to talk to someone in a Burka. This has nothing to do with religion or racism it’s simply that in our culture we talk to people face to face.

Now if someone doesn’t want to respect our culture that’s fine, as long as they leave the country. If this person is forced to speak to someone in a Burka then I think he should declare himself a naturist and insist on talking to the Burka clad one in the nude!

Comment

Bob, could he wear a small scarf over the relevant area? (he could put a hole in it if you like).

Comment

I believe the medieval argument centered on dancing in unrecordlike way! Dave
                  Hi Dave,

Yes, and originally it was "on a needles point" (or as I prefer "on a needless point) But this practice was outlawed, much to the displeasure of the harder, cooler and more rebelious elements of the Angelic Host, following a number of "unfortunate incidents". Some have theorized that this may have been the final straw that broke the camels back and brought about the "War in Heaven", though whether or not the camel was actually attempting to pass through the eye of the needle at the time has never been satisfactorily established.

After the fall, dancing on the heads of pins gradually became the fashionable thing to do. The number of Angels that can dance on the head of a pin is of course infinate, but current Health and Safety regulations restrict it to no more that 6 at a time, and they must be under the supervision of an officially accredited Cherubim at all times.

Best Wishes,

Zodiac.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Zodiac! I get my medieval jackass intellectual pursuits confused! Dave

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Zodiac! I get my medieval jackass intellectual pursuits confused! Dave
                      No problem Dave,

Tis said that Saint Thomas Aquinas hardly knew his jackass from his elbow half of the time, the other half of the time he was asleep!!!

Got to go now and make a fresh cup of really HOT tea, or else I'm never going to get this Infinite Improbability up and running!

All the best,

Zodiac.

Comment

No British person?

British person being?

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          No British person?

British person being?

Monty
                          Somebody born in Britain.

Comment

Ah, like Hedley Churchward, Amir Khan and Rustie Lee?

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Off topic.

Monty.....you are leading the thread off topic.Especially when Bob has clearly pointed out that this subject has nothing to do with racism.It is to do with cultural differences..which is something completely different.

Comment

What it is to be British.

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                                Ah, like Hedley Churchward, Amir Khan and Rustie Lee?

Monty
                                Quite possibly, I've never heard of the people you have mentioned so can't really say for sure.

If a person is born in this country then they are British in fact. Now if they are from immigrant stock and wish to take up the culture of their forefathers rather than their culture as a Briton then I suggest they leave and go to the country where they will feel more comfortable, namely that from whence their family came.

My family for example is from Flanders originally and I suppose I could go around demanding Flemish be spoken, but since we now live in Britain I am quite happy to accept the prevailing culture and embrace that.

Comment

Working...
                                X