Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Thomas
    replied
    A most interesting discussion, gentlemen.

Magpie

I've admired your posts here for several years

Would never have guessed you were the flog 'em and hang 'em populist type.

David

Once upon a time when I was young and handsome I took a plane to New York and hitch-hiked to California and one day I met and talked with Manson who was with an entourage of very sexy babes. Happily I wasn't invited on to his school bus. Strange days.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Originally posted by DVV View Post
    It's just the beginning.

One day, you'll realize you are just talking to yourself.

Don't want to interfere.
    Okay, whatever.

So to sum up for the day:

Me: Inquest testimony, trial testimony, interviews, and court decisions.
    You: Starry eyes and moist knickers.

Whenever you're done sulking and want to discuss actual facts and, you know, stuff like that, I'll be here.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied

I'm sorry for you but am not hurt.
    Thank you. I'll sleep so much better for knowing that.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    I'm sorry you find me pointing out your constant backtracking insulting.

How about you stop doing it, I'll stop pointing it out, and then nobodies feelings get hurt, 'kay?
    Don't get me wrong.

I'm sorry for you but am not hurt.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    I was proven wrong?
    It's just the beginning.

One day, you'll realize you are just talking to yourself.

Don't want to interfere.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Then you start being insulting.
    I'm sorry you find my pointing out your constant backtracking insulting.

How about you stop doing it, I'll stop pointing it out, and then nobodies feelings get hurt, 'kay?
    Last edited by Magpie; 03-18-2010, 09:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    You've been proven wrong, and are unable to quote me about Manson and Bobby.

And again, you haven't pointed out precisely what quote you were supposedly challenging me to provide.

Get back to me when you remember what it was.

edit: My apologies, I hit "edit" when I thought I was hitting "quote". The point remains--this is teh second time I'm asking you to provide this information.
    Last edited by Magpie; 03-18-2010, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Ha ha.
    You've been proven wrong, and are unable to quote me about Manson and Bobby.

Then you start being insulting.
    I was there for an honest discussion, so go enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    That's why Bobby is still stupidely exonerating Manson in the Hinman case.
    That's right. The jammed together so Bobby, who apparently was now not completely under Manson's control, still takes responsibility for the murder he committed...oops, I mean still takes the rap for the murder that Charlie's actually responsible for, while the myriad of complete Manson-zombies (your description) all sold Charlie out the moment it became clear it was in their best interests to do so.

Well that's consistent...

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    That Bobby had not the profile of a complete Manson-zombie doesn't mean he wasn't at all under his influence at all (hence Manson's role in the Hinman murder - and please note Bobby was at that time with Mary Brunner and Atkins, not with his own girls), and it doesn't mean either that Manson did not control the Family - so to speak.
    You want we should get you some coasters for those goalposts? I'd hate to see you hurt your back or anything.

Just a couple of hours ago you were claiming that Bobby was so under Manson's spell that he'd explode if Manson didn't give him permission to fart.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Many of The Family were musicians. Charlie was a musician. Bobby was something special for Charlie, and it's telling that Bobby's sudden removal both put Charlie in undisputed control of Bobby's "harem" and started the downward spiral that peaked with the Tate-Labianca murders.
    Sigh....
    Bobby was a real musician, not like others.
    He still is.
    When he was living on his boat, alone, Manson came to pick him up, so that they could play and record together.

Yes, Charlie loved Bobby, and Bobby loved Charlie.
    That's why Bobby is still stupidely exonerating Manson in the Hinman case.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    You should open your window and have some fresh air, my dear.

She's not lying.

She's telling what she saw/understood.

And we already know that : Manson and Bobby had a special and equivocal relashionship, due to music interest, the fact that they were both "charming" in their ways, and perhaps bisexuality.

Nothing new here.

That Bobby had not the profile of a complete Manson-zombie doesn't mean he wasn't at all under his influence at all (hence Manson's role in the Hinman murder - and please note Bobby was at that time with Mary Brunner and Atkins, not with his own girls), and it doesn't mean either that Manson did not control the Family - so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Repeadly??

Well...

The fact is that Bobby was a musician, had his own "harem" (including Leslie), and logically Manson did pay more attention to him than to Scramblehead.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Many of The Family were musicians. Charlie was a musician. Bobby was something special for Charlie, and it's telling that Bobby's sudden removal both put Charlie in undisputed control of Bobby's "harem" and started the downward spiral that peaked with the Tate-Labianca murders.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Repeadly??

Add to this that there seemed to exist some kind of mutual attraction between them. And that's all Leslie said.
    Wrong (again)

Leslie Van Houtens Parole Hearing testimony 1993:

"...Bobby Beausoliel was very important to Manson and he viewed me as a way of keeping Bobby around the ranch. And so to think that I was absolutely intrigued and mesmerized by Manson and I believed he was someone very special and extraordinary. And I think that perhaps he viewed me as a way to keep and lure Bobby to the ranch to be with him."
    And her 2002 interview with Larry King:

VAN HOUTEN: No. He -- I had come to the ranch through another man, Robert Beausoleil, and Robert Beausoleil was very important to Manson, and there is a lot of speculation as to why, but who knows.

KING: But Robert was your, like, lover?

VAN HOUTEN: Yes. And so Manson always treated me in a way that I belonged to Bobby, and, you know. I was sort of used, I think, as bait to get to keep Bobby...
    Two accounts, largely consistent. At least one of which was presumably after Leslie was elevated to the ranks of the great and good.

So again, was she lying?

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    And that's the second time you've evaded the answer.
    I have no question to evade.
    Some pointless ones are sometimes unnoticed.

There are also questions that I've answered several times.
    Last edited by DVV; 03-18-2010, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X