Aussie Rules Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    All I am saying is that if there were only two teams in the league we would be in 1st place

Steadmund Brand
    Got a bloke on another forum saying the same sort of thing.

Picking in poor little defenseless me.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Wow.

Where was that Brisbane all season.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• You took the spoon from our mouth on the last week!!!...as terrible as the boys were this year it was a fun season.. who do you like... I like the Crows or the Hawks... and I believe they play each other week 1 ( if i am not mistaken.. but I very well could be.. I am an American fan after all)... plus the Swans look good as much as it pains me to say.......and hey there is always next season for Brisbane's next cup!!!

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

You took the spoon from our mouth on the last week!!!...as terrible as the boys were this year it was a fun season.. who do you like... I like the Crows or the Hawks... and I believe they play each other week 1 ( if i am not mistaken.. but I very well could be.. I am an American fan after all)... plus the Swans look good as much as it pains me to say.......and hey there is always next season for Brisbane's next cup!!!

Steadmund Brand
          I guess being in Newie and that only being two hours from Sydney it better be the Swannies.
          G U T

Comment

• Now even the Swannies are out. Not a Good Year.

But my Local R/L team is into the Grand Final, go the Scorps
            G U T

Comment

• Hawks are looking good.
              G U T

Comment

• Huge win
                G U T

Comment

• WOW, GUT

that games wasn't even as close as the score made it look...just a totally outclassed team there....Great win... but the better watch out next year as Lions eat Hawks!!!!

GO BRISBANE 2016!

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

WOW, GUT

that games wasn't even as close as the score made it look...just a totally outclassed team there....Great win... but the better watch out next year as Lions eat Hawks!!!!

GO BRISBANE 2016!

Steadmund Brand
                    It were a massacre from bounce to whistle .
                    G U T

Comment

• G'day Steady

Here we go again.

My Blues say a tear of rebuilding after '15.

They sure need it.
                      G U T

Comment

• LIONS 2016!!!! sounds nice eh? bit of a re tooling... looks like some good young players... I'm sure we will look good in the NAB cup.. .like last year ( I think the only team in history to win and not make the playoffs/finals sorry).. plus this kid Josh Schache could be someone to look out for.. Jonathan Brown thinks so anyway.. and I'd trust his judgment

We don't meet the Blues till week 11... we should think of a nice friendly wager my friend

I'm so excited for the new season!!!!

GO LIONS!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• My watching of the game goes back to VFL days. We used to get Aussie cricketers coming over to play for our club, a fair few of them (all from Melbourne) loved VFL. Some coached lower leagues.
                          I can remember a very tall guy playing for Essendon I believe called Salmon. I was given a Calton top as a leaving present
                          I was lucky to go to Aussie in 92 to watch the World Cup final where I met our next over seas cricketer. He was called Brett Montgomery and went on to have a successful careerer in AFL for the Western Bulldogs (and others)

Comment

• >I can remember a very tall guy playing for Essendon I believe called Salmon<<

The Fish, Paul Salmon!

Quite literally, one of the legends of the game, a huge influence at Essendon and then later Hawthorn. Would have been even better if he hadn't have troubled with injury for a large part of his career.

A really nice guy to boot.
                            dustymiller
                            aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                              >I can remember a very tall guy playing for Essendon I believe called Salmon<<

The Fish, Paul Salmon!

Quite literally, one of the legends of the game, a huge influence at Essendon and then later Hawthorn. Would have been even better if he hadn't have troubled with injury for a large part of his career.

A really nice guy to boot.
                              Did marvelous things didn't he.
                              G U T

Comment

• seriously......10G 5B - 65 TO 20G 23B - 143.....It may be time to give up on Brisbane this year.....sad footy to watch indeed... oh well.. Geelong looks good anyway....

Stop laughing GUT

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Working...
                                X