No announcement yet.

Aussie Rules Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than 1 month to go.... actually saw a commercial for Footy last night and got very excited for the new season ( Lions will finish in the top 8 this year!!!)

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      Less than 1 month to go.... actually saw a commercial for Footy last night and got very excited for the new season ( Lions will finish in the top 8 this year!!!)

Steadmund Brand
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Getting close.. Fed 26th!!! I can't wait... plus the Aussie Open starts Sunday (let's go Federer.. probably his last year!) and what a draft by the Lions... is Jaden Mcgrath related to Ashley?

Pacquiao / Mayweather I still don't think will happen... for 6 years Floyd has had one excuse after another... no matter what Manny has agreed to there is also an " oh, and now you have to agree to this.... oh and this.. and this.." it's been a 7 year joke...I really hope it happens this time.. looks close.. everyone involved has publicly said it's set EXCEPT Floyd Mayweather.. that is what scares me about it.. but I have a friend at Floyd's network who has said he thinks it's a go.. they just need to hear from Floyd (and his attorney)... so sad that this fight will be several years too late.. neither are at their best anymore...Floyd hasn't had the ring wars that Manny has.. so he may be a year older but probably 10 years younger ( in ring years) but will still be a fun fight... if not as significant as it should have been

Steadmund Brand
        Aussie open, so much hope for young Kyrios, but out he goes.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          I know, I almost couldn't type those words with a straight face..

Yeah Sorry about the Aussie Open.. still been fun... no Federer or Nadal left....but I think the mens final will be a great match the semi's will be fun... I think Berdych can take out Murray... and I hope Djokovic beats Wawrinka...but I am a bit nervous about that one.. I think Berdych vs. Djokovic would be an amazing match!!

anyway.. our Super Bowl is sunday.. then for me.. it's Footy season (and Baseball is right around the corner!!!!!!!)

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Saints first up for Lions in NAB ...
            G U T

Comment

• Steady

Just on the radio Australia has refused to let Floyd Mayweather into the country due to his record, thought you might be interested.
              G U T

Comment

• ONE MORE DAY!!!!

(then the first game of the season is on for me )

LETS GO LIONS!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

ONE MORE DAY!!!!

(then the first game of the season is on for me )

LETS GO LIONS!!

Steadmund Brand
                  Try not to get too depressed mate.
                  G U T

Comment

• Brisbane 58 - St Kilda 55- need I say more!!!!

Whoo Hooo

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Brisbane 58 - St Kilda 55- need I say more!!!!

Whoo Hooo

Steadmund Brand
                      Well done Lions.

Do you keep an eye on your football at all an Aussie has just signed with the 49er's on a preliminary deal to join the training squad, if he can put on enough weight without loosing his speed and agility he could be a super-star he was a top notch Rugby league player here.
                      G U T

Comment

Well done Lions.

Do you keep an eye on your football at all an Aussie has just signed with the 49er's on a preliminary deal to join the training squad, if he can put on enough weight without loosing his speed and agility he could be a super-star he was a top notch Rugby league player here.
                        Nice... and I hear there is actually an American who may make an AFL team....25 years ago I would have tried!! (and been killed probably)..

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Nice... and I hear there is actually an American who may make an AFL team....25 years ago I would have tried!! (and been killed probably)..

Steadmund Brand
                          The really stupid bit is Rules was designed, like Basketball, to be a non-contact sport, simple to keep players, in this case cricket, fit in the off-season, yeah non contact sure.
                          G U T

Comment

• the Swannies for your Lions this week, could be interesting.
                            G U T

Comment

the Swannies for your Lions this week, could be interesting.
                              G'day GUT

Out of curiosity, what parts of Australia do the teams represent. I think the "Swannies" are the affectionate name for a team from "Western Australia" called maybe "the Black Swans" or something like that?

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                                G'day GUT

Out of curiosity, what parts of Australia do the teams represent. I think the "Swannies" are the affectionate name for a team from "Western Australia" called maybe "the Black Swans" or something like that?

Jeff
                                The Swannies are the Sydney Swans.... My beloved Lions are out of Brisbane

Steadmund " the only American Footy fanatic" Brand

Comment

Working...
                                X