Aussie Rules Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and GUT..

that was one hell of a hit Tom Bell put on Nick Robertson...I thought it was clean (even as a Lions fan... I'm fair.. no way he should be suspended or fined for that) any word on if he will be punished....it was wild!!

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      hey... you just took the wooden spoon from our mouth......

Steadmund Brand
      I was hoping you wouldn't notice.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Oh and GUT..

that was one hell of a hit Tom Bell put on Nick Robertson...I thought it was clean (even as a Lions fan... I'm fair.. no way he should be suspended or fined for that) any word on if he will be punished....it was wild!!

Steadmund Brand
        I haven't heard anything.

But then where am you probably get more Aussie Rules news than I do.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Looks like these are the only charges out of the game.

Darcy Gardiner, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Marc Murphy, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Carlton Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the body. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Tom Rockliff, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

A first offence for engaging in a melee is classified as a $1500 sanction. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Dayne Beams, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

A first offence for engaging in a melee is classified as a $1500 sanction. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Claye Beams, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

Darcy Gardiner, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

Mark Whiley, Carlton, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between Carlton and the Brisbane Lions, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

Patrick Cripps, Carlton, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between Carlton and the Brisbane Lions, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

Clem Smith, Carlton, has been charged with charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at half time of the Round Six match between Carlton and the Brisbane Lions, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 10, 2015.

G U T

Comment

• Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• "Aussie Rules Football"

Is that not an oxymoron - like "friendly fire"?

Comment

• Just th only place in the world where t's plaued,

For a long time only in Victoria even.
                G U T

Comment

• But anyway Steadt and I have both given up this year and are hopng for better results in about 2050.

At least my R/L team is doing OK.

But at the moment only OK due to injury after injury.
                  G U T

Comment

• I had this crazy dream this weekend.... Brisbane actually won a game....wow what a dream

Steadmund Brand

Comment

I had this crazy dream this weekend.... Brisbane actually won a game....wow what a dream

Steadmund Brand
                      Go back to sleep Steady, it will be alright mate its called a delusion.
                      G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        The really stupid bit is Rules was designed, like Basketball, to be a non-contact sport, simple to keep players, in this case cricket, fit in the off-season, yeah non contact sure.
                        Scotch beat Melbourne Grammar before that idea was floated by Tom Willis.
                        The game was that rough that Grammar did not front up for the rematch.

Four Old Scotch boys played in Hawthorn's 1961 Premiership.
                        Colin Youren passed on last month.

Cyril Rioli is a current Old Boy.

Carna Hawks!
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                          Scotch beat Melbourne Grammar before that idea was floated by Tom Willis.
                          The game was that rough that Grammar did not front up for the rematch.

Four Old Scotch boys played in Hawthorn's 1961 Premiership.
                          Colin Youren passed on last month.

Cyril Rioli is a current Old Boy.

Carna Hawks!
                          Be gentle with Steady DJA. Not only is he a Lions fan he's a Yank.
                          G U T

Comment

• I may be a Yank... but no need to be gentle... after all these bruises this year from Brisbane.. I can take anything!!! and hey we can atleast beat Carlton... right?

we so need to clone Leigh Matthews!!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

I may be a Yank... but no need to be gentle... after all these bruises this year from Brisbane.. I can take anything!!! and hey we can atleast beat Carlton... right?

we so need to clone Leigh Matthews!!!!

Steadmund Brand
                              Getting desperate now, claiming beating Carlton means anything.
                              G U T

Comment

• All I am saying is that if there were only two teams in the league we would be in 1st place

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Working...
                                X