No announcement yet.

Recently watched movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished watching "Iron Sky", a low-budget scifi/comedy from Europe.

What a great movie! It was funny (Americans may not thinks so) and for a low budget film it looked fantastic! One of the best dieselpunk films I've ever seen.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• There's an even lower budget version called "Any Old Iron Sky."

Comment

• Was that Lon Donnegan or Lon Chaney?

Dave

Comment

• The Dark Knight Rises. As a lifelong Batman fan I waited two years for this movie and have never followed the making of a film as closely as I did this one. Now I've finally seen it, and though it couldn't possibly have ever lived up to that much anticipation, it did not at all disappoint. However I am mad as hell- and also very sad- that 71 people had to get shot by some maniac (12 of them fatally) in a movie theater in Colorado on opening night. That's going to be part of this movie's story forever now.

No spoilers for those who haven't seen it. But for those who have, anyone else have any comments?

Comment

• I watched Bronson again on Film4 the other night, Tom Hardy is astonishing, I can see why he got the Bane role,looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight Rises, they are still trailing it in the U.K., but I agree it is always going to be associated with that god awful thing.
            My only gripe about Batman movies are that because of the need to get in as big an audience as they can, the movies are not as scary as they should be.
            Thats the essence of The Batman for me, he should be absolutely terrifying.
            All the best.

Comment

• We watched 'Chinatown' last week. Very good.

Comment

• Thats an absolute classic, I was gobsmacked the first time I saw that.
                I also watched some weird thing with Tommy Lee Jones solving a murder with the help of a ghost of a civil war southern general, on BBC1, wasnt that bad,although the murderer was pretty obvious, thing is I usually know something about films when they are shown but this one had completely passed me by, its only the comic book films that get promoted these days it seems.
                All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  We watched 'Chinatown' last week. Very good.
                  For a long time I thought the theme of 'Chinatown' was extremely beautiful.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I recently watched a National Geographic 'series' on Machu Picchu on Youtube. Four parts and fabulous information about that mysterious city and it's origins. I really didn't know they knew so much about it:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• It was too hot to sleep last night so my husband and I watched some films we saw when we were courting.

One of them was 'Come back to the Five and Dime Jimmy, Dean, Jimmy Dean' a film I never tire of seeing. It was scripted from a play and actually shot and acted like a play. A superb cast and a good story. You won't like this film if you like special effects - it's pure character and a touching story.

Comment

• I've been unearthing some nice little gems on Youtube, were there is a thriving underground of full-length movies. Tonight I watched the 1971 Shaw Bros. classic "The Lady Hermit". A bit draggy in parts, but overall a fine example of the genre:

“Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                        I've been unearthing some nice little gems on Youtube, were there is a thriving underground of full-length movies. Tonight I watched the 1971 Shaw Bros. classic "The Lady Hermit". A bit draggy in parts, but overall a fine example of the genre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auSlufGkGtU
                        I will have to check that out. I've watched the Wolfman, repeatedly on Youtube. Lon Chaney, Claude Rains, Ralph Bellamy. Love that movie.

Comment

• Werewolves Vs Strippers

Just watched this on dvd - a gangster movie with werewolves and strippers instead - great fun, and easily worth more than the 1 or 2 stars it routinely gets in review.

Or is that just me?

Comment

• Oh boy, ha! .... Zulu, was on again last night.

It's become a bit of an icon with me. I must have been a young teenager when it was first released and I spent my pocket money going to the local picture house to see it every night of the week, my father went bezerk!, spending all my pocket money to see the same film over and over again :-)

Every time it has come on TV I have watched it, as my wife will bear witness, for my entire life! I even have it on video, but, she knows her place when she sees it appear again in the TV guide.
                            She's in England now at her brother's funeral but she calls it a blessing that she was there, and not here, to sit through another performance.

A really majestic film.

Sorry for that insignificant point of trivia.
                            Regards, Jon S.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Jaws on Blu-Ray last night. The quality of the image on the restoration is utterly amazing. As many times as I've seen the film, it's always seemed a little dull in its palette, but this is beautiful. The two feature length docos (one was on the previous DVD release) are also fabulous. A wonderful package for an amazing film.

And just to keep it on topic, there's a JTR reference in there, too

B.

As for Zulu... there's a DVD copy I picked up on the cheap that's been sitting on the unwatched movies shelf for close to two years. Maybe today should be the day.
                              Bailey
                              Wellington, New Zealand
                              hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                              www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bailey View Post
                                And just to keep it on topic, there's a JTR reference in there, too

B.
                                "Well this was not a boat accident! It wasn't any propeller, it wasn't any coral reef... and it wasn't Jack the Ripper! It was a shark."

Comment

Working...
                                X