Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unsolved national murder cases...

Hello you all!

I remember this thread being pretty interesting on the crashed boards.

So, how about reviving the theme?!

And here is, again, the case that drove me into these Casebook boards:

Near Midsummer (when the Scandinavians have a summer feast) 1960 four Finnish teenagers camped near Lake Bodom. The next morning they were found stabbed to their tent. One of them, Nils Gustafsson, survived. He said, he didn't remember anything about the murders of his friend, mr. Seppo Boisman, Seppo's girlfriend Tuulikki Mäki or Nils's girl-friend Irmeli Björklund.

The murderer had been searched for 44 years. There had been 1000 suspects, 70 of them taken so seriously, that they were questioned. 35 were arrested. Still, not match...

Then, in 2004, KRP (The Finnish Central Criminal Police) had a reason to suspect Nils Gustafsson being the murderer. However, they didn't have quite enough evidence. So, naturally, he was let free.

In the height I looked for Jack the Ripper websites for a change from Lake Bodom sites and here I am, still...

All right, any other unsolved cases?!

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

This is one of the most famous unsolved Australian murder cases

Comment

I vote for Cleveland Torso for USA
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

This is a link to a mystery here, where I live, that has been unsolved for decades, now.

"What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

For me The Gatton Mystery undoubtedly...trouble unfortunately is that there is very little (almost nothing) on the internet regarding it.
          regards

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
            This is a link to a mystery here, where I live, that has been unsolved for decades, now.

http://www.buckhead.net/history/mystery/msl_a.html
            Celesta
            What does the "local gossip" say about this?
            regards

Comment

Hi Celesta,

Perhaps I'm thinking of a similar case but that one seems vaguely familiar to me somehow. Due you know if it was on Unsolved Mysteries or one of its clones like Missing Reward? Then again, maybe I just read about it somewhere.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Dougie and Stan,

It's an on-going story. No one has a clue as to what happened. There was something about it on the news recently but there was not really much new. Not even her body has been found. It's probably our most famous unsolved murder, if murder it was. I will see what else I can find out. I don't know if it was on Unsolved Mysteries, or not, Stan. I used to watch that show every week. I can't remember for sure if it was on there. Do you know if there's a list of topics they covered? I may look for that, too. It is very intriguing, isn't it? I feel like I could just go out and try to solve it myself. Silly of course.
                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hi Celesta,

There is an Unsolved Mysteries site but I'm unsure if all the topics are listed within. Like I said, it could have also been on one of the 3 or 4 copy shows that were started after the original's success or I could be confusing this case with another.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan, Dougie, et al,

Thanks, Stan.

Here's a little more about Mary Little. This is interesting and was drawn from the the Atl. Constitution. It's hard to know what to think.

Comment

Hello Celesta!

One thing makes me wonder;

If they really hired Diane Shields to track down the abdcutor of mrs. Little;

1. They would probably had trained her to face the person. I mean, self-defence, etc...

2. Maybe there would have been someone from the police force tailing Diane Shields!

All the best
                      Jukka
                      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi Jukka,

Has Nils ever been asked to take a polygraph regarding Bodam?

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello Stan!

A very interesting point, indeed!

That thing has never been brought up, so probably not!

I would think, that he'd refuse, when asked...

All the best
                          Jukka

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                            Hi Stan, Dougie, et al,

Thanks, Stan.

Here's a little more about Mary Little. This is interesting and was drawn from the the Atl. Constitution. It's hard to know what to think.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1102670/posts
                            Celesta,
                            Fascinating.tks
                            regards

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                              Hello Celesta!

One thing makes me wonder;

If they really hired Diane Shields to track down the abdcutor of mrs. Little;

1. They would probably had trained her to face the person. I mean, self-defence, etc...

2. Maybe there would have been someone from the police force tailing Diane Shields!

All the best
                              Jukka

Hi Jukka,

I came across a site that had a bunch of old news clippings this morning but haven't had a chance to read them yet.

As for the campers, that guy Nils did it! Seriously, I want to look into that one, too. How could he have forgotten what happened?

My best,

Celesta

Comment

Working...
                              X