Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far..

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    What are the exact reasons given for the CCRC rejecting further applications from Bamber's lawyers in 2004 and 2012?

Have they debunked his story?
    Hi Batman,
    In January 2012 the application was rejected by the European Court of a Human Rights but in July of the same year Bamber was granted the right to appeal.
    Last year the Grand Chamber agreed that Bamber must be given the chance to have his sentence reviewed with a release date 'somewhere in the future'.

Bamber's lawyers will take the case to review with the prison board next year, when he has served 30 years, with the argument that 30 years equates to a 'life sentence' and that Bamber poses no threat to the public.
    Amanda

Comment

Jeremy Bamber is guilty as hell. You should read the literature on the case.

The police threw away and burned the evidence from White House Farm but the evidence of the Boutflours is overwhelming. They found the silencer (that had been used on the rifle which killed Sheila) in a cupboard under the stairs.

It was demonstrated in court that Sheila could not have pulled the trigger herself because her arms were too short. Remember the length of the rifle PLUS the silencer? Then we are asked to believe that after she shot herself twice in the head she got up and replaced the silencer in a cupboard?

Bamber should stay in prison and rot for ever! If only hanging had been around in those days. How he deserved capital punishment for what he did!

And it's a case which highlighted how useless the police are. They believed everything Bamber told them and destroyed the evidence by burning it in the garden, because Bamber 'couldn't bear to look at those bloodied mattresses'.
      Last edited by louisa; 12-10-2014, 09:46 AM. Reason: Text
      This is simply my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post

They found the silencer (that had been used on the rifle which killed Sheila) in a cupboard under the stairs.
        You mean the silencer used to kill rabbits with the rabbit blood on it that was originally deemed to be Sheila's blood?

It was demonstrated in court that Sheila could not have pulled the trigger herself because her arms were too short. Remember the length of the rifle PLUS the silencer? Then we are asked to believe that after she shot herself twice in the head she got up and replaced the silencer in a cupboard?
        There are no silencer burns on the body. The medical examiner said the first shot would not have killed her.

How do you explain the recorded call from the farm to the police that Sheila had gone crazy with a gun and then the call from Bamber to the police from his home after?

Doesn't Bamber have to like cycle across fields for over 10 minutes or something?
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Hi Louisa,

That was a pretty convincing post.

Comment

Me...?

Originally posted by louisa View Post

The police threw away and burned the evidence from White House Farm but the evidence of the Boutflours is overwhelming. They found the silencer (that had been used on the rifle which killed Sheila) in a cupboard under the stairs.

Bamber should stay in prison and rot for ever! If only hanging had been around in those days. How he deserved capital punishment for what he did!

And it's a case which highlighted how useless the police are. They believed everything Bamber told them and destroyed the evidence by burning it in the garden, because Bamber 'couldn't bear to look at those bloodied mattresses'.
            Hi Louisa,
            Was your post directed at me? Believe me, I'm very familiar with the case.

For what it's worth, I also think Jeremy Bamber is guilty, and he deserves to stay inside. However, the police made some very fundamental mistakes in the handling of the case and there were many contradictory factors at the trial.

His guilt, however, will not stop his lawyers from seeking clemency on the length of his prison term.
            Amanda

Comment

'Fundamental mistakes' is being very kind, Amanda. The police couldn't have committed more blunders in their investigation of these murders if they'd tried!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post

I also think Jeremy Bamber is guilty, and he deserves to stay inside. However, the police made some very fundamental mistakes in the handling of the case and there were many contradictory factors at the trial.

Amanda
                I would like to know why though?

I am willing to accept the police did a poor job of the crime scene and that Bamber is guilty, but it seems his guilt was based on a few flimsy things that are basically tantamount to judging the guy on how he emotionally behaved after the family had been killed.

From what I can tell the judge directed the jury to answer 3 questions. The phone call. The silencer. Trust Bamber or his ex-GFs story (which she sold to newspapers after).

Is this beyond a reasonable doubt?

I think that there is reasonable doubt galore but a lot of faith is being put into his character after the events and his gf (who supported him at the funeral etc.).

I'd love to hear one piece of solid evidence against Bamber that would give me no reasonable doubt he did it.

Comment

Look.....

Hi,
                  Take a little look at this theory....

Jeremy Bamber, left, was 24 when five members of his family were shot dead in Tolleshunt d'Arcy, Essex. Now one writer tells why his third appeal against his murder conviction should fail.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                    Hi,
                    Take a little look at this theory....

Jeremy Bamber, left, was 24 when five members of his family were shot dead in Tolleshunt d'Arcy, Essex. Now one writer tells why his third appeal against his murder conviction should fail.

Amanda
                    Here is what I read from the Bamber site -> http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/telephones

It seems the Daily Mail journalist is claiming to have solved the case himself, that his claims never made it to court. Bamber says he couldnt have caused the storm that led to phones being repaired and moved. Someone else stated the family moved phones in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                      Here is what I read from the Bamber site -> http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/telephones

It seems the Daily Mail journalist is claiming to have solved the case himself, that his claims never made it to court. Bamber says he couldnt have caused the storm that led to phones being repaired and moved. Someone else stated the family moved phones in the house.
                      Hi Batman,
                      Ooh, this is very interesting. I knew about the phones but the details about the storm put things in a different light...

Amanda

Comment

A truly horrific and somewhat bewildering case. Clearly hindered by the original police investigation.

From a brief reading, it seems unrealistic that Sheila killed her children and adoptive parents before turning the gun on herself (twice). Several factors but the one that really caught my attention was how badly her 6', 4'' physically fit 61 year old father had been beaten. Would she really have been strong enough to do that and, even if so, manage to avoid any retaliatory blow being landed on her? I think not. That has to cast severe doubt on the telephone call that Jeremy Bamber claimed to have received that night from his father saying his sister ''had gone mad with a gun''.

That said, I struggle to buy Woffinden's scenario of Jeremy Bamber cycling unseen across the nearby countryside in a wetsuit prior to showering and washing away much of the forensic evidence. Not impossible but not overly likely, I would suggest. Also, Bamber didn't appear to show any signs of having been in a fight when first seen by the police.

According to wikipedia, Bamber's girlfriend told police that when he first confessed to her, he said that he had paid someone else to commit the crimes and named him. That person was apparently soon ruled out as he had a clear alibi. Fair enough. However, I do wonder whether the line of enquiry concerning someone else (different from the person whose name was allegedly told to Bamber's girlfriend) also being involved should have been pursued further ....

Best regards,

OneRound

Comment

Hi,

I dont think it was suggested that Bamber cycled in his wet suit, but put it on when he was in the house.

Surelly, another point to Bambers guilt is his statement that earlier that day he had loaded the gun and left it on the kitchen table! For a guy who lived in the country with a father who was very careful to keep the guns locked up that is really a convenient way of explaining how Sheila could have gotten the gun .... but to my mind is really unbelievable!

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                            Hi,

I dont think it was suggested that Bamber cycled in his wet suit, but put it on when he was in the house.

Surelly, another point to Bambers guilt is his statement that earlier that day he had loaded the gun and left it on the kitchen table! For a guy who lived in the country with a father who was very careful to keep the guns locked up that is really a convenient way of explaining how Sheila could have gotten the gun .... but to my mind is really unbelievable!

Best wishes.
                            It seems you are right. http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/the-rifle

So Jeremy has had to admit that the first rounds that killed the family where both loaded into a magazine and the gun by himself.

That's doesn't look good for him then.

Comment

Hi Batman,

No, it doesnt look good at all for him, in my opinion.

Best wishes.

Comment

Not to mention leaving a loaded gun on the kitchen table!

Comment

Working...
                                X