Jeremy Bamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Bamber

I have read about Bamber a few times and watched a documentary with former Tory MP Andrew Hunter who thinks Bamber is innocent.

Is there any evidence against Bamber?

From what I can tell, there is nothing and that it was the testimony of his GF that got him put away.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Interesting case..

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    I have read about Bamber a few times and watched a documentary with former Tory MP Andrew Hunter who thinks Bamber is innocent.

Is there any evidence against Bamber?

From what I can tell, there is nothing and that it was the testimony of his GF that got him put away.
    Hi Batman,
    You're quite right, ultimately it was the evidence of his girlfriend that sealed Bamber's fate. However, firstly, she reportedly claimed that Bamber had paid someone to carry out the murders but after questioning it turned out that that person had a solid alibi for the whole night.

Bamber still maintains that he is innocent. It's quite a complex case however, as there are issues regarding the Bamber family inheritance and the fact that Jeremy Bamber was adopted. I think that Bamber's resentment of his adoptive situation and his always acting a little 'above his station' in life were made very open at the trial, which in all likelihood had an effect on the jury.
    Significantly, the remaining relatives seem to feel that, as he was not a true blood relative, his entitlement to income from the business and sale from the grandmothers house is invalid.

I remember that there were many inconsistencies regarding evidence at Jeremy Bamber's trial, even down to the crime scene.

What's your opinion? Do you think he is as innocent as he claims?
    Amanda

Comment

I have followed this case since day one , I was only fifteen or so but it gripped me. Personally, I don't think he did it , never have tbh....whether he was involved is another question .......

Comment

Hi,

Like you say it was a complicated case. As I remember it, it was put out that Bamber wasnt a particularly pleasant man .... of course that doesnt make him a murderer, but it could have influenced the jury ... if infact it was true.

Comment

Also...

I think it's also quite significant that it was made known to the public that Jeremy Bamber had relationships with both men and women.

You can't help but wonder whether this fact alone could have prejudiced the jury against him, or at least tainted his defence. We have to remember that people were far less open-minded in those days.

Amanda

Comment

One piece of evidence was the lack of it. There was a claim that there was no firearm residue on his sister when she was found dead from a 'suicide' by gun that she was supposed to have used to kill the family.

I think it would have been impossible for someone to go around the home shooting people and not have any firearm residue on them. Yet she was shot by a gun at close range, so why wasn't there any on her from that?

Turns out the investigators only inspected her for residue visually and didn't do any testing.

The trouble I have with this case is that there reasonable doubt galore but Babmer still got put away with a whole-life tariff.

Comment

Hi,

Of course the Police at first believed that the sister was guilty and that Bamber was innocent. In fact I dont think at first he was even a suspect. Wasnt it his relatives that pressured the police into re investigation?

Comment

Correct...

Hi Hatchett,

Yes, that's right. The police seemed quite convinced that Bamber's sister had murdered the whole family & then pulled the trigger on herself.
                However, about a month later the family started to raise concerns & that's when Jeremy's girlfriend came forward and claimed that he had confessed to hiring a man to do the job for him.
                The police made quite a lot of mistakes at the initial crime scene, they failed to realise that Bamber's sister couldn't have pulled the trigger on herself as her arms weren't long enough to use the shotgun.
                Secondly, the gun silencer was found in a cupboard by a family relative many weeks later while looking through cupboards.

However, in Jeremy Bamber's defence, there was a call to the police station from his father earlier in the evening on the night of the murders, saying that his daughter had gone crazy and was threatening to kill them all.
                I guess the truth will never be known.
                Amanda

Comment

Didn't the police discover the silencer from the rifle in a cupboard a few days after the murders?
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Mmm...

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    Didn't the police discover the silencer from the rifle in a cupboard a few days after the murders?
                    Hi,
                    According to Jeremy Bamber's defence team, the Essex police restaged the crime scene to take photos later as they had inadvertently moved Sheila's body.
                    They also claim that the silencer was not on the gun when it was fired, but found weeks later, with blood on it, by relatives.

Incidentally, the relatives who found the silencer stood to inherit the farm and connected businesses, including a caravan park if Jeremy Bamber was convicted.

Amanda

Comment

lucky to be alive

Quite surprised bambers still alive what with him been a child killer the lowest form of life in prison.
                      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi,

I think Bamber has been seriously attacked in prison. But of course that doesnt make him guilty. It is a strange case. Certainly, his sister did have problems.

Comment

The silencer had a grey hair on it that was lost. Today we know that the blood on it is rabbit blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                            Hi,

I think Bamber has been seriously attacked in prison. But of course that doesnt make him guilty. It is a strange case. Certainly, his sister did have problems.
                            I'd say 'problems' is putting it mildly, Sheila was diagnosed schizophrenic.

Amanda

Comment

What are the exact reasons given for the CCRC rejecting further applications from Bamber's lawyers in 2004 and 2012?

Have they debunked his story?

Comment

Working...
                              X