Bible John (General Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I don’t think that we could assume that a detective was incompetent because a case went unsolved. That said, I certainly wasn’t claiming that Beattie was any kind of genius either and he may well have had an inflated sense of his own skills, but it’s difficult to see how someone can achieve high rank if they are completely incompetent. Once promoted an officer reflects on The Force and those that promoted him so, at the very least, they would have to be confident in his aptitude for the job. Again though, I’m certainly not claiming that Beattie couldn’t have got things wrong but difficult though to imagine Beattie charging over to see McInnes with high his ranking colleagues and then letting him go before letting Jeannie see him just because a family member might have given him an alibi’
    I agree Herlock, there is a piece missing from the jigsaw puzzle of Mcinnes

Regards Darryl

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
      In 1996 John McInnes was exhumed making him a strong suspect. That doesn't mean he was the killer though. DNA from his sister gave a familial match, but no profile could be properly obtained from him. A bouncer from the Barrowlands and the taxi driver both said a picture of Mcinnes from years later was their man. Jeannie did not, she couldn't be sure.
      Don't get me wrong from what we know I believe Mcinnes to be a strong suspect. But it's what we know . Perhaps when he was looked into with Beattie etc he did have a cast iron alibi, an alibi which has gone missing from the paperwork over time along with dozens of other suspects papers . Hundreds if not thousands of people , I believe were looked into .
      Maybe that is the solution why Jeannie was never asked to ID him and we are barking up the wrong tree.

Regards Darryl ​
      You could be right Darryl but what we have is, just as a recap, a collection of very unusually high-ranking officers heading over to Stonehouse two days after Helen Puttock’s murder and the first address that they go to was John Irvine McInnes brother’s and he confirmed that it was to do with a card found at the scene and yet there’s not a single mention of this seemingly red hot suspect in the files. We have our suspect taken to Hamilton Police Station rather than Patrick Marine which was the base of the investigation. Then we have a woman claiming to know who the killer was but the police send McInness’ cousin to see her and there’s not only nothing in the records about the content of the meeting but an effort has been made to delete it from the record. Then we have Jimmy McInnes apparently finding a Glasgow taxi (Hanna’s) with no fingerprints. The same Jimmy McInnes who claimed that he played no part in the investigation apart from manning the phones once. Then we have Jimmy claiming that the card was false evidence (why would anyone want to frame John Irvine McInnes?) and following and reacting aggressively the detectives reinvestigating the case.

Bloody strange to say the least Darryl.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• It is most strange such senior officers going over to Stonehouse. I am not sure (perhaps others can help) why the first house they go to is that of John McInnes's brother?

I think we can however put the teeth issue to bed once and for all. If the officers were half decent people and McInnes had overlapping teeth then he would have been arrested and there would have been a formal parade.

In my opinion he couldnt have had overlapping teeth. The senior officers would have seen them. Perhaps the lack of overlapping teeth was all that was required to get him off the hook. Along with some other alibi.

As suggested there is a piece of the jigsaw missing

NW

Comment

• Originally posted by New Waterloo View Post
          Ms Diddles you make some very important observations. Many people will wait for their teenage daughter to come home from a night out, worried about them. Concerned they get home safe. Half asleep people will wake just as a care/taxi drives into the street. perhaps George was half asleep. Waiting.

But for George to be the murderer is a leap. The same leap that suggests in the confusion of Stride at the gate that a stranger appears from nowhere and kills her.

These are fanciful. Possible but fanciful.

The person last seen with Helen in all probability killed her. Without other evidence contradicting this then that must be the case.

I think

NW
          Hi NW!

I think so too!

I just feel that there are reasonable grounds to include George in any suspect list in relation to Helen's murder.

Comment

• I doubt that George Puttock would have nursed his wrath to the extent that he decided to rape his wife while throttling her in a back court more than 100 yards from their house. He could have waited till she came home. What Helen's taxi companion- presumably McInnes- made of this murderous exhibition of wrath we can but guess.

But there is a DNA problem that I would welcome advice on. First of all, I believe that Jemima McDonald and Helen Puttock were raped, or sexually assaulted in some manner. That means there should be forensic information from these two crimes. So there could have been a blood group connection made between these two murders back in 1969. Since most Scots are either group O or group A this might not have helped a great deal, but it would have been able to eliminate the common attacker in these murders IF the blood groups were different; I have to assume that the blood groups were therefore the same. I would also assume that McInnes' blood group matched these two crimes otherwise the very tortuous legal and moral exercise involved in exhuming his body would not have been undertaken.
            This blood group information should surely have been established in regard to the late Mr. John Templeton by the author who is now making allegations against him.

I have read that the original Helen Puttock semen sample has now been degraded to the extent that it is no longer useful. This does not make sense. I can appreciate that to be legally admissible a suspect's DNA might have to be matched against the original sample. Fair enough. But there must be a record of the semen DNA in some 'barcode' form which exists on record. Any subsequent suspects' DNA could be matched against that recorded previously. Perhaps not sufficient to be legal proof, but it could at least satisfy our curiosity.

Comment

• Very logical thinking. Simple but good idea. I think I see what you are saying. If we knew McInnes blood group was say A and the semen stain on Helen was B then that seems a simple but effective way to eliminate McInnes.

You are correct. Someone once told me a blood group comparison doesn't prove who the blood was from, but significantly it does tell us who it wasn't from.

Can I suggest another simple way forward. Does anybody at all have any photograph of McInnes other than the army photo. Why are there no photos? Surely someone must have one.

Perhaps the family are not releasing any photo's and why doesn't someone who knew McInnes or a relative just say whether he had overlapping teeth or not. If he didn't and this could be confirmed it would be another step forward.

NW

Comment

Working...
              X