Did the Right Man Hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Right Man Hang

What sounds like a really interesting series concerning a potential miscarriage of justice starts tomorrow.

Was Harold Courtney really the killer of a pregnant 23-year-old woman in County Armagh?

Sounds interesting, I'll need to check up on this case.

Comment

Good spot Eten.

Ok, so how do I access this?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        Good spot Eten.

BBC sounds App is your go to, you can listen to it on schedule or as a podcast type thing.

Also, if you have Sky, Freeview etc, check the radio listings as some of them have regional BBC channels.

You won't get it via FM or DAB though, your too far away.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

BBC sounds App is your go to, you can listen to it on schedule or as a podcast type thing.

Also, if you have Sky, Freeview etc, check the radio listings as some of them have regional BBC channels.

You won't get it via FM or DAB though, your too far away.
          Cheers Al, I was going to the the radiogram
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Radiogram? Get you. I still prefer
            to have it telegraphed in sections.Stop.
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Good spot Eten.

Not sure whether this is what Al was referring to or not, but the link below works:

Comment

Cheers Eten, what time is it on?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

12:03pm for 27 minutes - a 6 part series.

Comment

Some of us,born in the first half of last century,grew up listening to the radio at night.
                    We had wood fired stove,copper for washing and a fire place in the front room.
                    Ice chest.
                    Outside dunny c/w redback spiders.Lit by a candle.
                    Chooks for eggs and meat.
                    Fruit trees,yum.

5 miles from Melbourne CBD.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Some of us,born in the first half of last century,grew up listening to the radio at night.
                      Ice chest.
                      Fruit trees,yum.

Lucky bugger, we had to go to the dunny in the dark. Sometimes had to dig a hole and empty the pan in we had visitors and fill the can before the dunny man came next.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post

Lucky bugger, we had to go to the dunny in the dark. Sometimes had to dig a hole and empty the pan in we had visitors and fill the can before the dunny man came next.
                        You were lucky! We had to walk twenty miles to the nearest toilet and when we got back our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Oh, sorry....I got a bit carried away.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Ice chest.
                          Fruit trees,yum.

I've never been to Oz but a mate of mine went over many years ago to watch cricket. He loved the place but I remember him saying that he couldn't make his mind up who to feel more sorry for? Him having to cope with the spiders or the England batsmen having to cope with Killer and Thommo
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I've never been to Oz but a mate of mine went over many years ago to watch cricket. He loved the place but I remember him saying that he couldn't make his mind up who to feel more sorry for? Him having to cope with the spiders or the England batsmen having to cope with Killer and Thommo
                            Hi Herlock - I haven't been to Oz either but I have been to New Zealand and rather surprisingly bumped into Thommo there a couple of years ago. Less surprisingly perhaps, it was in the bar of Auckland's Eden Park ground. Unlike the blood lusting fast bowler of earlier years, he was friendly and came across as a decent guy.

If I can tune in my own wireless set, I'll give this new programme a go. From a bit of swotting up in advance, I do suspect though that some elements may be a bit too farfetched for my liking. Nothing like being openminded - and I'm probably not!

More seriously, thanks to etenguy for flagging and starting this thread.

Best regards,
                            OneRound

Comment

Originally posted by OneRound View Post

Hi Herlock - I haven't been to Oz either but I have been to New Zealand and rather surprisingly bumped into Thommo there a couple of years ago. Less surprisingly perhaps, it was in the bar of Auckland's Eden Park ground. Unlike the blood lusting fast bowler of earlier years, he was friendly and came across as a decent guy.

If I can tune in my own wireless set, I'll give this new programme a go. From a bit of swotting up in advance, I do suspect though that some elements may be a bit too farfetched for my liking. Nothing like being openminded - and I'm probably not!

More seriously, thanks to etenguy for flagging and starting this thread.

Best regards,
                              OneRound
                              Hi OneRound,

Do they know that you've escaped from the A6 thread?

Thommo always seems s down to earth bloke when I've seen interviews with him. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have been 22 yards away from him with a cricket ball in his hand though. It's not good if you're facing s team where Dennis Lillee isn't the quickest bowler in the side!

I'll certainly give this a go.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X