No announcement yet.

Did the Right Man Hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordy - thanks for your characteristically courteous post and offer to answer questions.

First things first (and I trust you won't mind me asking as your health was more than once referred to during the broadcasts), how are you doing, sir?

Best wishes,
    OneRound

Comment

I’ll certainly second OneRound’s question. Hope you’re well Gordy?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hello Oneshot and Herlock. My health, I’m afraid, does continue to deteriorate. It’s possible the gene therapy slowed that deterioration a bit, but it was unable to halt it. It remains what Michael J Fox rather neatly describes as The Gift That Keeps On Taking.
        That said; I’m still working, I’m still able to do many things, and still enjoying a quality of life many people would be glad to have.
        G

Comment

Originally posted by GordyAdair23 View Post
          Hello. Can I firstly thank you all for your interest in the series and for your comments which I have found to be interesting and generally fair.

Many of the points and concerns that you raise are very familiar to me, having exercised my mind for many months while we were putting this series together.
          Perhaps interest has faded, but if you would like to raise any questions with me, I will do my best to answer them. There are still facts and information that I am not in a position to put on the record here any more than I was in the series itself but I will try my best and go as far as I reasonably can.

Perhaps I can clear up one issue more or less straight away; the glove supposedly stuffed into the neck wound.
          The reason this did not feature was simply because we do not believe it ever happened.
          It seems to have been a mistake in an early newspaper report which then resurfaces several times. I know from my own time in newspapers that, once an error like that gets a foothold, it can be very hard to get rid of.
          Hopefully (technical ability permitting) I have attached the relevant pages from the transcript of the trial, a document which I had opened under freedom of information legislation.
          Best Regards
          Gordy
          Hi Gordy

Can I thank you for an interesting series which kept us intrigued, as you can tell from this thread. Thank you, also, for explaining about the glove in the neck wound.

Also appreciate your kind offer to discuss the case here with us.

I did wonder, in light of the information you have but are not able to make public just now, whether you think it likely a further episode might be made which includes some of that detail or whether the reasons you cannot put the information on record are likely to last for some years?

Comment

Hello Etenguy and thanks for your interest. Hopefully. I have PM’d you. As I’ve already mentioned, my tech skills are not the best.
            g

Comment

Hi Gordy - I'm sorry your health isn't good but pleased and not surprised that you retain your positive outlook.

One question on the case. As mentioned on this thread previously, do you know or have any thoughts as to why an appeal against conviction wasn't made?

Btw, the name's not Oneshot (although you calling me that made me smile) but OneRound - a kind of tribute to Danny Green's majestic performance as the character of that name in the wonderful film The Ladykillers and a bit of a dig at the Court of Appeal in their judgement of the Hanratty case in which they claimed to see everything ''in the round '' and imo did anything but. Now, how about a series on the A6 murder? That would get you broadcasting into the day and night!

Very best wishes,
              OneRound

Comment

Doh! I am so sorry. I think, in my head, OneRound registered as OneBullet which became OneShot. As I say, Doh!

Meanwhile, the short answer to your question about the lack of an appeal is I just don’t know, over and above the fact that the highly-respected and knowledgable Kevin Winters felt it was strange. I could rattle off a theory or two but none with the support of any evidence.

Comment

Hello Etenguy and thanks for your interest. Hopefully. I have PM’d you. As I’ve already mentioned, my tech skills are not the best.
                  g
                  Thanks Gordy. You nailed it.

Comment

Doh! I am so sorry. I think, in my head, OneRound registered as OneBullet which became OneShot. As I say, Doh!

Meanwhile, the short answer to your question about the lack of an appeal is I just don’t know, over and above the fact that the highly-respected and knowledgable Kevin Winters felt it was strange. I could rattle off a theory or two but none with the support of any evidence.
                    Thanks, Gordy.

Never a problem with the name.

Take care,

OneRound

Comment

Working...
                    X