X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
    Hi Herlock. If you google Rose Heyworth Press you will find details there. Cheque made payable to Neil Milkins. Regards. Neil. P.S. When Howard Carter broke a hole in Tutankhamen's tomb he was asked "What can you see." He replied "Wonderful things." I am expecting to see wonderful things shortly.
    Thanks for that Neil. Girlfriend will send a cheque next week (birthday present!)
    Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 10-14-2017, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Hi John G. No more writing at present. I don't believe any files relating to the nudes' murders would be any help at all in identifying the killer. I know Harold Jones was the killer. He was the last person to see all 8 murder victims, but no one saw them together. Regards. Neil Milkins.
    Hi Neil

So are you're saying that the man who was driving the car who picked up Frances Brown in Hayden's Place was not Harold Jones?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Milkins
    replied
    Hi Herlock. If you google Rose Heyworth Press you will find details there. Cheque made payable to Neil Milkins. Regards. Neil. P.S. When Howard Carter broke a hole in Tutankhamen's tomb he was asked "What can you see." He replied "Wonderful things." I am expecting to see wonderful things shortly.
    Last edited by Neil Milkins; 10-13-2017, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Herlock. Which book do you refer to? Regards. Neil.
    Hi Neil,

It's your who Was Jack The Stripper.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Milkins
    replied
    Herlock. Which book do you refer to? Regards. Neil.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Milkins
    replied
    Which book are you referring to Herlock? Regards. Neil Milkins.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    There's a paperback copy on ebay for £12*

*but sadly out of stock
    I saw that one Joshua thanks. Barn's right, the library is going to be the likeliest option I think.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    replied
    There's a paperback copy on ebay for £12*

*but sadly out of stock

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Herlock,
    I'm sure that there is a mathematical formula that proves the rule that the odds of you finding a specific book that you want in a second hand book shop are either excellent or diddly squat.

But good luck anyway.��
    Yup. More chance of finding the Ripper tonight! We live in hope though

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Herlock,
    I'm sure that there is a mathematical formula that proves the rule that the odds of you finding a specific book that you want in a second hand book shop are either excellent or diddly squat.

But good luck anyway.��

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Herlock,
    You should be able to get it from your local library.
    They probably won't have it in stock, but if you ask them to order it via Inter Library Loan, they should be able to order it either from another library authority or from the British Library or the Bodleian.

There may be a small charge to cover the costs.
    Your probably right Barn. I also have a couple of local second hand book shops that I haven't visited for a while. I really want to read this book but not to the tune of £120!

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I'd love to read the book but the 123 price check site says that the cheapest available copy is £120! Is it possible to get a reasonably priced copy anywhere?
    Herlock,
    You should be able to get it from your local library.
    They probably won't have it in stock, but if you ask them to order it via Inter Library Loan, they should be able to order it either from another library authority or from the British Library or the Bodleian.

There may be a small charge to cover the costs.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I'd love to read the book but the 123 price check site says that the cheapest available copy is £120! Is it possible to get a reasonably priced copy anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Milkins
    replied
    Now Retired From Writing.

Hi John G. No more writing at present. I don't believe any files relating to the nudes' murders would be any help at all in identifying the killer. I know Harold Jones was the killer. He was the last person to see all 8 murder victims, but no one saw them together. Regards. Neil Milkins.

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied
    Thank you Louisa for your kind comments. All I can say at present is "fascinating developments soon to be revealed." Regards. Neil.
    Hi Neil,

Are you considering writing another book on the Hammersmith Nude Murders? Personally, I find this as fascinating case, although to be honest I've only read David Seabrook's book on the subject (highly detailed, although some of the language he used to describe the victims was, to put it mildly, unfortunate.)

My understanding is that Seabrook was "mistakenly" given access to the police files on the subject. Do you think that failure to gain access to these files in the future will seriously hamper any further research? What is the probability that the files will be released?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X