Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post

No two crimes are the same. What the Aleisha McPhail case showed however was that this type of offender is spontaneous and may have a completely different reason for entering a property. But they are opportunists. It showed that this type of crime is possible. I would not expect every facet of the Campbell case to correspond with the McCann case but those who dismiss the burglar turned abductor based on it being too audacious or risky, requiring sedation of the child or nothing being stolen need only look at that case to see how it can occur.

I would also suggest a much more likely an abductor knew Luz very well. I would certainly be much more convinced that someone in the locality who lived there would be much more capable of hiding a body than Gerry McCann who was in the country less than a week.
    This is grim to contemplate, but Peter Kurten, the Dusseldorf murderer, found one of his victims during a burglary. He boldly went upstairs in a pub while everyone was in their cups, as it were. Being a lifelong thief as well as a murderer, his original motive was to rob the place, but when he found a sleeping youth, he quickly switched gears.

The German theory appears to be that Brueckner was the same sort of animal. According to his old housemate, he preyed on the tourist areas as a habitual burglar, but (apparently unknown to his Portuguese friends and acquaintances) he had also been convicted of sex crimes against children back in Germany. This same housemate claims, how accurately is anyone's guess, that Brueckner constantly talked about abducting children with the motive of trafficking them in Morrocco for large sums of money. This may or may not have been Brueckner's actual desire, however--maybe this was just a slightly more acceptable way to vent his plans to the rough crowd he was hanging around with--not that there is anything even remotely acceptable about trafficking children, of course--only that he would hardly have been openly musing about being a child molester.

It's too early to know, of course, but it's interesting to see that the McCanns' friends and family have been widely accused of "circling the wagon trains"; by contrast, Brueckner's old friends and acquaintances are quite willing to throw him under the bus. The ex-housemate apparently told the journalist Clarke that he had little doubt that Brueckner did it. It's not evidence but it is hardly an endorsement of his character, either.

Comment

• In American prisions, child molesters are considered by the other inmates as "the lowest of the low", and are fair targets for violence and even murder. If true internationally, Brueckner would have good reason to "whitewash" his intent for stealing a small child up to mere trafficking.
      He's still a slimeball, no doubt about that!
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
        Hi RJ

Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that the children were given a mild sedative to help or make [ depending on your point of view ],them sleep by one or both parents, which thus then enabled the abductor to carry Maddie away more easily , which the Mcann's may be in self denial about ? Not in my book it isn't.

I am surprised you did not consider the possibility that the abductor gave Madeleine something to enable him to carry her away without attracting attention, especially as the man accused has been reported to have made a smug remark about Madeleine not having screamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I am surprised you did not consider the possibility that the abductor gave Madeleine something to enable him to carry her away without attracting attention, especially as the man accused has been reported to have made a smug remark about Madeleine not having screamed.
          He would also have to have given the twins something as well . How long do you think the abductor was in the apartment ? While he was administering a drug to one of the children another could have woke up. Much easier for him to quickly come through the patio doors , snatch Madeline and straight out of the apartment via the window or patio doors and straight into the car he probably had parked outside the children's bedroom window . Or as a less alternative into the apartment he had in that, or nearby complex.

One last point, Kate Mcann was trained to a high standard in anaesthetics.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

One last point, Kate Mcann was trained to a high standard in anaesthetics.

​​

She may have been trained to a higher standard than the kidnapper was in the use of anaesthetics, but she was obviously less skilled in the art of how to abduct a child and convince everyone that she had not stored her in her refrigerator and then dumped her at sea.

Comment

• 'Much easier for him to quickly come through the patio doors , snatch Madeline and straight out of the apartment via the window or patio doors'

Much easier if he came in by the patio doors to leave by them, surely. Why clamber out of a window carrying a child?
              The PJ were satisfied that no one had entered or left through the window and I see no reason to doubt that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

She may have been trained to a higher standard than the kidnapper was in the use of anaesthetics, but she was obviously less skilled in the art of how to abduct a child and convince everyone that she had not stored her in her refrigerator and then dumped her at sea.
                What has that got to with me ? Your making it sound as if that is my theory
                Last edited by Darryl Kenyon; 06-10-2023, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                  'Much easier for him to quickly come through the patio doors , snatch Madeline and straight out of the apartment via the window or patio doors'

Much easier if he came in by the patio doors to leave by them, surely. Why clamber out of a window carrying a child?
                  The PJ were satisfied that no one had entered or left through the window and I see no reason to doubt that.
                  Hi Cobalt
                  I have often wondered about the window evidence , or lack of. I know the fingerprint evidence only showed Kate Mcann's palm print on the glass it self . But I am wondering about the handle on the window [ if there was one ] . Gerry Mcann said he shut the window [ I am assuming by the handle ]. Did they test said handle and did it show anything ?

Regards Darryl

Comment

• The PK found nothing. There was the lack of fingerprint evidence but also no evidence anyone had been inside the apartment. The basis for this was that no lichen had been disturbed from the ledge outside, nor was there any evidence of anyone in contact with the bedding. This was apart from the fact the shutters had not been 'jemmied.'

Anyone who is still talking about windows is, embarrassingly, not familiar with the case. They are serving as a distraction.

Comment

• I would like to hear from those who do not accept that Madeleine was abducted between 9.05 p.m. and 10 p.m. on 3 May 2007,
                      when approximately they think she really went missing.

Comment

The PK found nothing. There was the lack of fingerprint evidence but also no evidence anyone had been inside the apartment. The basis for this was that no lichen had been disturbed from the ledge outside, nor was there any evidence of anyone in contact with the bedding. This was apart from the fact the shutters had not been 'jemmied.'

Anyone who is still talking about windows is, embarrassingly, not familiar with the case. They are serving as a distraction.
                        Hi Cobalt
                        Thanks for the reply . Although I don't concur with your view on the abduction . The window evidence is interesting none the less

Regards Darryl

Comment

The PK found nothing. There was the lack of fingerprint evidence but also no evidence anyone had been inside the apartment. The basis for this was that no lichen had been disturbed from the ledge outside, nor was there any evidence of anyone in contact with the bedding. This was apart from the fact the shutters had not been 'jemmied.'

The PJ didn't know their arse from their elbow and you are still peddling this which has been discredited since the files were released in 2009. The shutters and window could be opened from outside. The forensics was shoddy and haphazard- those brushing for evidence didn't even wear gloves or protective clothing. The shutters were not jemmied but Gerry in the initial hours felt they must have been because his assumption was they had been locked into place. They hadn't. His assumption was wrong. Are you stuck in a timewarp 2008/09 that you refuse to come out of?

Comment

• Sorry for being a trifle rude in my previous reply, Kenyon. I can't disprove the possibility of an abduction but I think the theory that any abductor entered or left by the window has been disproved by the PJ.

'I would like to hear from those who do not accept that Madeleine was abducted between 9.05 p.m. and 10 p.m. on 3 May 2007,
                            when approximately they think she really went missing.'

Some time between her last being seen at the creche and the alarm being raised at around 10pm. David Payne's visit to the McCann apartment at around 6pm is important as corroboration that Madeleine was alive at that time. But the reason for his visit seems unclear and there are doubts it ever occurred. Mrs. McCann says it lasted 30 seconds and she was wearing a towel, having just taken a shower. But mothers generally don't take even a quick a shower out of sight and hearing of three very young children, especially since there was presumably no great urgency for her to do so. She could have waited for her husband to return.

Payne himself remembered the visit as lasting 30 minutes, but was vague as to what the children were wearing. This mix up between 30 seconds and 30 minutes sounds like a verbal miscommunication rather than a total misjudgement of time, leading to suspicion the visit was artificially constructed to confirm that Madeleine McCann was alive at a time when she was not.​

Comment

Sorry for being a trifle rude in my previous reply, Kenyon. I can't disprove the possibility of an abduction but I think the theory that any abductor entered or left by the window has been disproved by the PJ.
                              An intruder/burglar could have opened the window, even if he never used it. There's a number of reasons why this could have occurred, including a confederate outside the building that he was in contact with.

Further, a male friend of the McCanns supposedly checked on the room and heard something like a child rolling over in bed, but didn't actually look inside the bedroom (obviously, he was a lousy security guard).

If he is telling the truth and what he actually heard was the intruder, the intruder could have silently opened the window to make his escape if necessary, but then didn't bother once he heard the man leave again.

Comment

... suspicion the visit was artificially constructed to confirm that Madeleine McCann was alive at a time when she was not.

Am I the only one here who thinks that is farfetched?

If Madeleine died that afternoon, where do you suppose she was when David Payne is reported to have visited at about 6 pm.?

And if his visit did not take place, does that mean he is part of a conspiracy to make the McCanns appear to be innocent?

And if such a theory is credible, why is it not being considered by the British, German or Portuguese police forces, and why are they instead focusing on a criminal child molester?

Comment

Working...
                                X