Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

The McCann's wouldn't have been "unlucky" had they not left their children alone though.

That brings to mind the notorious case of a British judge who declared that the scantily-clad character of a certain young woman constituted contributory negligence on her part - in other words, an invitation to rape her, which is what duly happened.

Perhaps it reflected the judge's conviction that had he encountered the woman in similar circumstances, he would have been similarly unable to restrain himself.

The criminal - and not the victim - is the guilty party in every case.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

That brings to mind the notorious case of a British judge who declared that the scantily-clad character of a certain young woman constituted contributory negligence on her part - in other words, an invitation to rape her, which is what duly happened.

Perhaps it reflected the judge's conviction that had he encountered the woman in similar circumstances, he would have been similarly unable to restrain himself.

The criminal - and not the victim - is the guilty party in every case.
      But Kate and Jerry weren't strictly victims. Strictly speaking Maddie McCann was the victim.

Comment

But Kate and Jerry weren't strictly victims. Strictly speaking Maddie McCann was the victim.

I know.

I thought of that, but it is difficult to make a point by qualifying it.

The parents were secondary victims.

Comment

I know.

I thought of that, but it is difficult to make a point by qualifying it.

The parents were secondary victims.
          But they were not innocent. They were guilty of being negligent. The only innocent in the crime is poor Maddie McCann.

Comment

But they were not innocent. They were guilty of being negligent. The only innocent in the crime is poor Maddie McCann.

I really don't want to argue with you, JW, because I don't think the McCann parents were completely blameless - and neither do they.

The real argument is about the size of the blame and how they have been victimised.

It is not only the abductor who has made their lives hell, but an incompetent detective-in-charge, aided by a vindictive mass media and public.

The suffering of the McCanns outweighs any wrong they have done by a long way.

Comment

I really don't want to argue with you, JW, because I don't think the McCann parents were completely blameless - and neither do they.

The real argument is about the size of the blame and how they have been victimised.

It is not only the abductor who has made their lives hell, but an incompetent detective-in-charge, aided by a vindictive mass media and public.

The suffering of the McCanns outweighs any wrong they have done by a long way.
              Fair enough.

Comment

• 'It is not only the abductor who has made their lives hell, but an incompetent detective-in-charge, aided by a vindictive mass media and public.'

We don't know that there was an abductor. All we know is that the girl has not been seen since the night she was reported missing.
                The detective in charge may have been incompetent- he failed to establish exactly what happened. However the MSM in the UK were mostly very supportive of the McCanns and the amount of assistance they were offered from a high political level was unprecedented. It would be fair to say that the support for the McCanns in UK media far exceeds that on social media.

'The suffering of the McCanns outweighs any wrong they have done by a long way​.'

I don't think anyone could argue with that, even those who believe the McCanns have misled the public over the circumstances of their daughter's disappearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                  Hi Darryl,

Thanks for sharing this extra information. It's interesting (and quite disturbing).

I hope the case will be coming to a close very soon and it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that you're right about how it happened; Brückner seems a very promising suspect, as this documentary shows. Among other things it reveals that a USB stick was found under Brückner's burried dog containing loads of disturbing vidieos and photos.

Best regards,
                  Frank
                  I had not seen that documentary before.

Seems what I was told might not have been garbled nonsense after all.
                  Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

I had not seen that documentary before.

Seems what I was told might not have been garbled nonsense after all.
                    Hi Jay. No one said your account was 'nonsense'- only that it sounded a lot like an earlier story about a discovery made at a different property Brueckner had lived at in Portugal, which it did. Your informant was describing a second location---not Brueckner's infamous "Yellow House" where there were also films/images, but a disused factory with a burial site of a dead dog. No harm done. Since you didn't say anything about a dead dog, I assumed it was a retelling of the old information. I hadn't seen this documentary, either. So yes, the information you heard was evidently true.

More importantly, I find it hard to believe that people are still putting any faith in the bulls$%t theories of the discredited Police Chief Goncalo Amaral--that the McCanns killed their own daughter and hid her in a refrigerator for 25 days. The rental car story never made any sense--how would an accidental death from a sedative lead to blood evidence?--and the DNA traces falsely touted by the PJ and leaked to the press turned out to have been worthless. Amarl's theory was so bereft of evidence that his book was pulled off the shelves in Portugal by court order and he was successfully sued, though the settlement was eventually overturned.

At the time of the McCann investigation, Amaral was found guilty of falsifying documents in a different abduction case involving another little girl, with his officers literally beating a confession out of the girl's mother--a confession which she immediately retracted. Who knows if she had any knowledge of the girl's disappearance. Amaral's bizarre theory was that the mother and her brother had killed the girl when she caught them in an incestuous act and then cut her up and stashed her inside a refrigerator. Sound familiar? The refrigerator in question was tiny and a journalist proved the girl could not have fit inside it. In reality, there is evidence the girl was trafficked. Two years later, Amaral "recycled" the refrigerator nonsense in the McCann case. This goes well beyond "incompetence." Amaral was wrong and narrow-minded and wasted time by focusing on the parents.

If Brueckner turns out to be guilty, which may well be the case, the people who promoted the infallibility of sniffer dogs will have a lot of explaining to do. When I first watched the tape of these dogs, I was impressed by the fact that they were dancing around wildly and seemed too eager to please their owner. They picked out two spots inside the rental apartment in Portugal, but no forensic evidence was linked to those two spots. Yet, based on the dog evidence, the McCanns were crucified in the press. I agree with the many commentators that suggested at the time that Amaral's theory was an effort to protect Portugal's lucrative tourist industry. ​
                    Last edited by rjpalmer; 06-05-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      And more odd behavior by the one of the mcanns. when kate discovered maddy missing she immediately ran back to the restuarant screaming Shes gone, theyve taken her! wtf?!?If it was me, my first reaction especially knowing i left doors unlocked is that she got up looking for me again and wandered outside, not that she had been abducted. and if she really thought she had beed kidnapped,shes really going to leave the twin babies alone again when said abductor could still be around?!? Once again no wonder they were suspects and never cleared.
                      Hi Abby,

This is the one aspect that really does bother me. As a Mum myself, I very much enjoyed having my daughter with me all the time, day and night, whenever we went on holiday at home or abroad. She wasn't interested in joining the Kids' Clubs, preferring to spend most of her time with us in the swimming pool, or on the beach and in the sea. In the evenings, from an early age, she would come with us to child-friendly bars and restaurants and loved choosing her meal from the menu. It was also a great way of tiring her out naturally so she would sleep soundly through the night and wake refreshed for another fun day.

My first reaction, if I had ever found myself in Kate's awful situation, would have been to assume - and hope - that my daughter had woken up alone and disorientated, and had left her room to go and look for me. The last thing I could have allowed myself to think would be that she was gone for good, snatched by someone with evil in mind. When I was about four, my own Mum was meant to pick me up from a church hall party, but as the other children gradually left with their mothers, I decided to start walking home on my own, and none of the adults noticed me leaving. Luckily, nothing bad happened and a woman who passed me in her car delivered me safely back to Mum, who was running towards us, her face as white as a sheet! That incident taught me and my Mum lessons we never forgot.

Love,

Caz
                      X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

Hi Abby,

This is the one aspect that really does bother me. As a Mum myself, I very much enjoyed having my daughter with me all the time, day and night, whenever we went on holiday at home or abroad. She wasn't interested in joining the Kids' Clubs, preferring to spend most of her time with us in the swimming pool, or on the beach and in the sea. In the evenings, from an early age, she would come with us to child-friendly bars and restaurants and loved choosing her meal from the menu. It was also a great way of tiring her out naturally so she would sleep soundly through the night and wake refreshed for another fun day.

My first reaction, if I had ever found myself in Kate's awful situation, would have been to assume - and hope - that my daughter had woken up alone and disorientated, and had left her room to go and look for me. The last thing I could have allowed myself to think would be that she was gone for good, snatched by someone with evil in mind. When I was about four, my own Mum was meant to pick me up from a church hall party, but as the other children gradually left with their mothers, I decided to start walking home on my own, and none of the adults noticed me leaving. Luckily, nothing bad happened and a woman who passed me in her car delivered me safely back to Mum, who was running towards us, her face as white as a sheet! That incident taught me and my Mum lessons we never forgot.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        Bingo caz. When my kids were little we did everything together on vacation including dinner.I wouldn’t think of leaving them alone because I liked being with them more than doing anything else and I would worry if I left them anywhere without me or my wife, especially in a foreign country! There’s plenty of time before and after your kids are little to party without them for effs sake.

and yes again her behavior upon finding her gone is weird to me. Especially since just that morning Maddie had told her they had awoken and cried and asked why didn’t she come? After that, wouldn’t first thought be she awoke looking for them again and wandered outside??? Even more so that they left the doors unlocked??
                        And leave infant babies alone again ???

I would at least scooped the babies up and brought them with me. I just don’t get the behavior any of it regardless of if they had anything to to with it.
                        Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-05-2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• If it is true that Madeleine said she was crying because her parents had left her and her siblings alone in the apartment, and that Madeleine made no attempt to find them, why would her mother have deduced that when she went missing, she had gone looking for her?

Comment

If it is true that Madeleine said she was crying because her parents had left her and her siblings alone in the apartment, and that Madeleine made no attempt to find them, why would her mother have deduced that when she went missing, she had gone looking for her?
                            From my understanding, it’s unlikely Maddie woke up. The theory as I’ve been told, and again not confirmed, is that all of the McCann children had been given some kind of sedative. Even when the police were trapsing through the apartment in the middle of the night the twins slept soundly. Being Doctors this is obviously not a hard thing for them to facilitate. Hence, why Kate jumped to abduction because she knew it was highly unlikely Maddie just woke up.

No toxicology was taken of the twins that night, so we may well never know the truth. It would explain much of their evasive and erratic behaviour after the event.

From what I was told, Kate had a tough time with Maddie and was quite depressed and stressed. I guess the sedation was as much about giving Kate a respite as it was helping the children sleep. If true, I can see why they wouldn’t want the world knowing. Leaving the children on their own is bad enough, sedating them too, then they would undoubtedly become prime suspects.

I don’t know if any of the above is true but whatever happened, an innocent three year old girl lost her life in the most tragic of circumstances.
                            Last edited by erobitha; 06-05-2023, 05:30 PM.
                            JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

From my understanding, it’s unlikely Maddie woke up. The theory as I’ve been told, and again not confirmed, is that all of the McCann children had been given some kind of sedative. Even when the police were trapsing through the apartment in the middle of the night the twins slept soundly. Being Doctors this is obviously not a hard thing for them to facilitate. Hence, why Kate jumped to abduction because she knew it was highly unlikely Maddie just woke up.

No toxicology was taken of the twins that night, so we may well never know the truth. It would explain much of their evasive and erratic behaviour after the event.

From what I was told, Kate had a tough time with Maddie and was quite depressed and stressed. I guess the sedation was as much about giving Kate a respite as it was helping the children sleep. If true, I can see why they wouldn’t want the world knowing. Leaving the children on their own is bad enough, sedating them too, then they would undoubtedly become prime suspects.

I don’t know if any of the above is true but whatever happened, an innocent three year old girl lost her life in the most tragic of circumstances.

The McCanns had scientific tests conducted on hair samples from their two remaining children and they showed no trace of sedatives.

Comment

The McCanns had scientific tests conducted on hair samples from their two remaining children and they showed no trace of sedatives.
                                Toxicology from hair samples I believe only certain chemicals show in such tests. Do even sedatives show on such tests? Also, scalp hair has the least concentration of toxicology of all hair type samples, which is the only type they would have provided and therefore may not have been enough concentration to even show up.

I’m no toxicology expert, these are just my thoughts.
                                JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X