When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi gang,

Has anyone seen that book Monster by Frank Peretti? It's new. I just got it on sale and so far it is pretty creepy. We're talking Bigfoot, here. Just wondered if anyone had read it or knew the author.

Plang, you might not want to read, as you are prone to wander off into the dark woods. I don't want to be responsible for giving you nightmares just because I recommended a book. Nyuk nyuky nyuk.
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Celesta, won't give me nightmares, when I wander off into the dark woods, I'm actually looking for a sasquatch. If I find one and it gets aggressive, I'll give it a blast of my bear spray and kick it in the bollocks.

Plang

Comment

• Originally posted by plang View Post
        Hi Celesta, won't give me nightmares, when I wander off into the dark woods, I'm actually looking for a sasquatch. If I find one and it gets aggressive, I'll give it a blast of my bear spray and kick it in the bollocks.

Plang

Yeah, but I bet this creepy book would make you listen extra close to the sounds you hear around you. snap, Snap, SNap, SNAP! Ohhhhhhhh, shh****t! What was that?!

Actually, it's pretty creepy so far, but will probably be a let down in the end.

Speaking of Sasquatch the book Naked Came the Sasquatch by John Boston is excellent! If anyone can get their hands on it. It's out of print. A very delightful character is the sasquatch in this book. A lover of drive-in movies and snacks. Lots of snacks.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Naked Came the Sasquatch, if I see it, I'll buy it Celesta.
          Have you seen the movie Harry and the Hendersons?
          The Hendersons are a family on a camping trip and they hit a sasquatch with their car, and end up taking it home, still alive. Good wholesome fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by plang View Post
            Naked Came the Sasquatch, if I see it, I'll buy it Celesta.
            Have you seen the movie Harry and the Hendersons?
            The Hendersons are a family on a camping trip and they hit a sasquatch with their car, and end up taking it home, still alive. Good wholesome fun.

Yes, I loved that movie. Harry was alright. A messy one though! The sasquatch in Boston's book is cool people. There are some bad guys in there, like werewolves, I think. It's been a long time since I read it. It's out of print but you might luck up at a sci-fi store or used bookstore or online.

Since you're up in that part of the country, have you known anyone who thought they'd seen a sasquatch.

I just found this link, Plang, to John Boston, and it has the first chapter of the book.

Last edited by Celesta; 04-06-2008, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Celesta my darling, sped read the link, will get back to it.
              Yes, in this part of the world alleged sasquatch sightings are common.
              From my own experiences, out fly fishing remote lakes until dusk then hiking back down to the trailhead, you will often see a bear. They smell you coming, and will stand on their hind legs to check you out. In the dusk, it is very easy for them to appear as a large hairy human-like form.

Comment

• We have Coho (Coal Hollow Monster) here and my backyard borders on a creek and wooded area.
                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Now I am going to have to look up that hotel owner who created a "lake monster" for tourism. Back in the 19th Century methinks.

--J.D.

Comment

• Hi sdreid, Coho huh? Love catching those coho. The Chehalis River here is just teeming with coho in November. If you brave the treacherous hike into the canyon you will be rewarded with the biggest, bright silver coho in the world!

Comment

• I too Loved Bigfoot and the Hendersons and the TV Series Harry and the Hendersons which was a great show!

In the UK we don't have Bigfoot or Sasquatch but we do have very large cats on the loose.

These have been described as looking like panthers and are spotted up and down the country, there were sightings on the outskirts of East Hull near a local gof course.

The course is very close to a track which I have walked down alone on several occassions as it is an old abandoned railway track which leads to the coast.

I even took the kids half way last summer to a river, were we had a picnic, and through stones into the river!

All the time I was thinking, is this beaast out there somewere.

This new book sounds good, I will have to try and get hold of it, I do enjoy a good cryptozoological mystery.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Where is JTRForums?

Coho is a sort of apeman.

I saw that Charlton Heston just died. When I was kid, I remember seeing him in The Naked Jungle at the theater. I believe it was about the first "nature gone wild" sci-fi film.

Is it the Beast of Exnor or something like that?

Stan Reid

Comment

• There experiencing technical difficulties but it should be back shortly, I had been on the jtrforms earlier and started a Heston Obituary, as I am aware of a few Heston fans over there.
                          I must say Planet of the Apes was my fave!!

there are a few wildcats on the loose, "Wildcat of the wolds", "Beast of Bodmin" to name a few.
                          Fortean Times does an update every so often with all the latest sightings in the UK!!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• Hey Y'all,

My mother-in-law and her best friend, who lived across the street, were out shopping very late in the afternoon, when they saw something that scared the bejeezus out of them. These were not what I would called easily excitable ladies. I was in my in-law's house, studying, and my father-in-law was outside working on something, when the two women came back. I guess I should say they were my future in-laws, at this time. They were panting, freaking out, and babbling at me all at once. They had seen a big "gorilla-looking thing" walk right up the freeway embankment towards them as they drove by. I thing they may have been sitting at a red light on a frontage road. I don't remember, but they were scared to death. My future ma-in-law kept saying it walked on its hind legs like a man. Well, of course, the first thing I thought of was Bigfoot, which was silly on my part, I guess. This was a busy area, in the suburbs, with a freeway passing through, and I couldn't see how such a critter could have been there. I suppose it could have been a bear, but I know both of these women had seen bears before. I've puzzled over it for years.

Stan, was there a movie or book about the Coho? It sounds so familiar.

Plang, I think people often see a bear and their imagination makes them see something different. I have a hard time seeing how a viable population of large apes could survive hidden for so long. Fresh coho sounds good to me.

Comment

• Hi Celesta,

Coho aka Coho Monster aka Cohomo is in Weird Illinois. That's the only book account I know of but it's probably not the only one.

I might have seen a baby one once. One night in the late 1960s, I was driving along a country blacktop and saw this hairy thing about 3 foot tall standing straight up, right on the center line. I swerved to make sure I missed it. The girl I was with has since died of cancer so I've lost my witness.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 04-06-2008, 06:30 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                Hi Celesta,

Coho aka Coho Monster aka Cohomo is in Weird Illinois. That's the only book account I know of but it's probably not the only one.

I might have seen a baby one once.

Unh-unh! I'm not going to let you get away with dropping a line like that last one and then walk off! What did you see? You're going to have to tell us!

I have Weird Georgia, which is also filled with sasquatch sightings, too. Apparently we are supposed to have two kinds. Small mean ones and the regular kinds.

Comment

Working...
                                X