No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Stan, my friends went to see "No Country.." and loved it, they are still talking about it now and more so because of the increased publicity pre Oscars.

It is on television at a silly time so i will look at the news first thing in the morning.
    I have not really got any obvious choices this year and just wish them all good luck.

Mike
    Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

I won't be viewing it either even though it is on at a proper hour here. Watching Jon Stewart make faces and mug for the camera isn't my idea of humor.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Mike,(the artist formerly known as mcebe?). If you like the Rambo series, then you should read First Blood, by David Morrel,(if you havn't already).It is gripping throughout, first rate story telling. But there are no flying saucers in it.
        Plang

Comment

I read the book many years ago and loved it, it was such a good book, and thought provoking at the time.
          Rambo 4 comes full circle and looks like the end of the series, although I hope they make another one.

I changed my name back to my actual name because it was causing confusion, MC E.B.E was my stage name from 1997 when I was holding a residency at several pubs, clubs and even pirate radio shows! I also played for underpriviliged kids at hostels and youth centres.

Mike
          Regards Mike

Comment

HI all,

I haven't seen a single film this year. But I did reviews yesterday and today on several old movies and shorts (Laurel & Hardy) in the imdb board.

I will probably watch the Oscars, but I find it somewhat superflous at this point. And the two weeks to prepare for it following the conclusion of that
            writer's strike probably does not bode well for it.

The only item that I noted this week was the crash of a stealth bomber (no fatalities fortunately) on Guam. First time that happened to the flying wing.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Yes, that B-2 crash is something to note indeed. They only built 21 so now we're down to 20. I wonder if they'll build a replacement at $1,200,000,000 a throw.

I also saw American Gangster which was good and got some nominations just not for best pic.

Stan Reid

Comment

I liked Across The Universe. Think it had flying saucers in it, can't remember.
                Plang

Comment

Hi Stan,

At $1,200,000,000. each they may have to restrain themselves on replacing it for awhile. They certainly have to study the wreckage to tell what went wrong with it.

Jeff

Comment

I like terra firma, the more firma, the less terra.
                    George S. Kaufman

Comment

Hello comrades, Here is an image that could be a massive alien flying saucer mothership heading our way.

you're welcome,
                      Plang

Comment

Hmm I sent a response but it didn't show up here. Glad it wasn't important.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi guys,

Plang, it looks like a giant Pancake is on the way, angry at being tossed off all their lives!

I couldn't believe it when I heard that the B-2 had crashed, I remember when the F117-A crashed, which just broke up mid air!

I had to laugh at Turkey invading Iraq, bless em. It looked really half assed, but good on em!!

When the headline came up all i heard was "Turkey invades Iraq", must be an error, i thought, Bush has already had his shot!

Mike
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

When my next to oldest son was fighting in Iraq, he was ordered to take down Kurdish flags even though the Kurds were very friendly to the American forces. Bands of Kurdish children followed them around wanting to know what they could do for "Mister". It was very sweet. Sadly, sometimes they had to drive them away when they were in dangerous situations. The other group that was happy to see them were the stray dogs and cats that the units fed and adopted for mascots.

I was happy to see that No Country For Old Men was the big Oscars winner and that its actor Javier Bardem got one for his outstanding performance as the hit man who enjoyed his work so much that he engaged in a little serial killing as a sort of hobby. Also, I was glad to see that Tilda Swinton won. She is what I call "plain sexy" - very alluring.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan,

I found some footage on the internet yesterday thats stated "Watch as British and American Troops shoot innocent Children"
                              I was horrified but decided to watch it regardless.

The footage was a nice montage of the Allied forces shooting "Silly String" at the Native Children and they were all having fun!

As the S.A.S would say "Hearts and Minds"

I never watched the Oscars but saw the coverage on the news this morning, good old Bourne Ultimatum walked away with 3, and Ratatouille bagged 1!

I bought the kids a 3 disk version of Ratatouille this morning, it has the film on disk 1, extras on disk 2 and a bonus disk with 13 Pixar shorts!

I will be busy tonight when they have gone to bed!
                              Regards Mike

Comment

I was shocked that NO COUNTRY... didn't win for Best Musical Score.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X