Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post
    I am not aware that we have any reason to suppose Julia knew anything about Qualtrough or Wallace's intended trip to MGE.
    Julia had told Amy about Wallace's appointment that evening...

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      I think it unlikely that Close would have called before Wallace arrived home as that would have meant that he’d have called around 30 minutes earlier than usual. Deliveries like that tend to be at the same time, give or take a few minutes every week so that customers can ensure that they’re available.
      HS, the edited trial transcript strangely reduced the testimony of Close. The full transcript implies that Close normally delivered the milk at No. 29 at about 6:20PM to 6:25PM because he normally finished his round by about 6:30PM (Wolverton Street was one of the last calls of his round*).

Here is the extract. Hemmerde is re-examining Close.

Hemmerde: What time do you generally finish work?

Close: I should finish by 6:30PM.

Hemmerde: How late did you finish that night?

Close: About 20-25 minutes late.

But this shows that the delivery to No. 29 would have been closer to 6:45PM. Or if he delivered the milk between 6:30 - 6:35PM on the night, he normally delivered as early as 6:05 - 6:10PM - uncomfortably close for Wallace to get home in time.

* After Wolverton Street he walked into Richmond Park and finished his round at Redford Street (just 130 yards from Wolverton Street).
      Last edited by ColdCaseJury; 01-04-2019, 08:41 AM.
      Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

• Goodman raised this point both in his book and on the radio show.

Btw, your site is down, Antony...

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
          Only to random obsessives on the internet, who have no grasp of the facts or logic...
          And it’s back to the pathetic, childish insults to fill the vacuum.

Why am I an obsessive Rod? What’s your definition? I suspect that it’s someone that disagrees with you (something that you obviously find traumatic to deal with.)

I’ve been interested in this case for around a year. How many years have you been ‘obsessing’ over it? Who’s the obsessive I’d ask the thread?

I’ll give you a FACT

Scenario and Solution are not synonims.

It’s amazing that you have the nerve to use the words ‘logic’ and ‘reason’ with all the twists, contortions and distortions that you’ve come out with over the last year.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Parry's first name was Richard, as we know, and his accomplice's began with "M"?

Just a thought...
            So you know the accomplice’s real name? That’s news to me.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCaseJury View Post
              HS, the edited trial transcript strangely reduced the testimony of Close. The full transcript reveals that Close normally delivered the milk at No. 29 at about 6:20PM because he normally finished his round by about 6:30PM (Wolverton Street was one of the last calls of his round).

Here is the extract. Hemmerde is re-examining Close.

Hemmerde: What time do you generally finish work?

Close: I should finish by 6:30PM.

Hemmerde: How late did you finish that night?

Close: About 20-25 minutes late.

But this shows that the delivery to No. 29 would have been closer to 6:45PM. I can't believe I missed this. I'm not very happy with myself (grumpy).
              But the testimony of the neighbours speaks of an earlier time. According to this testimony Close would have been delivering at 6.50 at the earliest which cannot be true.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Usual delivery time 6.20.

20-25 mins late.

Earlier time of 20 mins could easily have been a couple of mins earlier giving 6.37.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Why am I an obsessive Rod? What’s your definition?
                  I’ve been interested in this case for around a year.
                  Maybe someone with 3000 posts in a year, containing nothing but prejudice, fancy, misrepresentation, hyperbole ("St. William of Anfield") etc., on a subject they've only just discovered...?

RES IPSA LOQUITUR
                  Last edited by RodCrosby; 01-04-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Usual delivery time 6.20.

20-25 mins late.

Earlier time of 20 mins could easily have been a couple of mins earlier giving 6.37.
                    Or a reasonable approach would be to split the time say 22 minutes, rounding down. That would leave us with 6:42PM if the usual delivery time was 6:20PM and near to Close's own original estimate. But the 6.37 time would appear to be the earliest possible time he arrived at the house, far from the 6:30 the police tried to claim.
                    Last edited by ColdCaseJury; 01-04-2019, 08:53 AM.
                    Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

Maybe someone with 3000 posts in a year, containing nothing but prejudice, fancy, misrepresentation, hyperbole ("St. William of Anfield") etc., on a subject they've only just discovered...?

RES IPSA LOQUITUR
                      Facts just aren’t your strong point are they Rodders. Approximately 3000 posts which include, at a guesss, 2000 on The Whitechapel Murders. How’s your maths? Leaves around a thousand.

My ‘St William Of Anfield’ hardly compares to this selection of gems. For anyone who doesn’t yet know what you’re really like:

“Like... bugs on my windshield”

“There'd be a couple less fools on the internet, maybe”

“Next turkey, step forward!”

“If only I listened to more dyslexic nonentities on the internet”

“certain bizarros on this forum “

“. weird stalkers”

“That was the dyslexic one's imbecilic claim “

“I should challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.”

“Trolls and Stalkers self-evidently don't.”

“Even God can't help the terminally stupid, btw... so save your prayers.”

“ malignant disinformation and idiocy. All you have to offer is verbal diarrhoea..”

“a silly troll and a creepy stalker “

“Are there really no smarter fish in this barrel for me to shoot? “

“the Troll and the Stalker and their malignant delusions”

“Except in the trolls' fantasy alternative universe”

“a couple of malignant trolls “

“like all obsessive little trolls.”

“another of your malignant, stupid, trollish INVENTIONS.”

“Troll-on-the-run “

“Don't feed the trolls. “

“Such fun filleting these fools in public.”

“Another liar...”

Drunks, unlike obsessive little trolls, can have occasional periods of lucidity..

and the trolls knew very well who I meant

nlike the endless disinformation and logical howlers randomly sprayed in response by maladjusted nonentities...

And the scabrous, pecuniary-challenged troll implodes one more time

The headless turkey runs around the farmyard, making lots of noise.

This is Rod’s idea of ‘debate.’
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCaseJury View Post
                        Or a reasonable approach would be to split the time say 22 minutes, rounding down. That would leave us with 6:42PM if the usual delivery time was 6:20PM and near to Close's own original estimate. But the 6.37 time would appear to be the earliest possible time he arrived at the house, far from the 6:30 the police tried to claim.
                        I don’t know Antony. With the Johnston’s and Holme’s testimony along with the police running through Close’s journey with him I’m thinking earlier even though I still believe 6.42 to be no bar to Wallace being guilty.

I have no issue if you select 6.42 though.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• And you obsessively collect my witticisms too...

After all, they are the only 'prizes' you will ever receive. Some were directed at your sidekick, the stalker, who self-immolated so amusingly...

Thanks for republishing them!
                          Last edited by RodCrosby; 01-04-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

And you obsessively collect my witticisms too...

After all, they are the only 'prizes' you will ever receive.

Thanks for republishing them!
                            Nothing but personal insults. And that’s only a selection.

We all know what you are Rod.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

We all know what you are Rod.
                              You and your deranged sidekick who went up like a roman candle certainly know it...

Others will know me as someone very knowledgeable, who has happily shared my archive and research here. Who debates everyone who is capable of that skill.

But doesn't suffer fools who have nothing to offer but prejudice, fancy, disinformation, etc.

And stop WHINING. It's embarrassing.
                              Last edited by RodCrosby; 01-04-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I don’t know Antony. With the Johnston’s and Holme’s testimony along with the police running through Close’s journey with him I’m thinking earlier even though I still believe 6.42 to be no bar to Wallace being guilty.

I have no issue if you select 6.42 though.
                                That's great, HS. The issue with the police reconstruction is not the timing from Holy Trinity Church to Wolverton Street (although we have no way to verify that he delivered the milk during these tests etc), it was "remembering" the church clock was at 6:25PM. Just for the record, so I don't appear biased, this is the evidence we have for the time the door shut.

Alan Close (with police): 6.30

Florence Johnston: 6.30 but not certain to within 5 minutes.

Walter Holmes: 6.35 (assumes his paper was delivered on time at 6:40)

David Jones (paperboy): delivered paper at 6.35; no-one else in street

James Wildman (consisted with Douglas Metcalf): 6.38

Elsie Wright: Saw Close entering Wolverton Street entry at 6:40

Alan Close (testimony): 6.42. From 20-25 minutes late. Assume 22. Assume usual delivery was 6:20 (Wolverton Street was one of his last rounds, only Richmond Park and Redford Street, and he can only carry so many cans), although it could have been later, but not much earlier.

Alan Close (original): 6:45

Comment

Working...
                                X