No announcement yet.

Cutting Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major achievement. Best of luck with the book, Fisherman. Look forward to seeing it on the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

You didn´t USE TO agree with my theory, no...
      Yep your book may persuade me, I will read with an open mind.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
        Yes, congratulations Christer. I do hope to see your complimentary, autographed copy in the mail soon.
        Yes, well ...

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
          Major achievement. Best of luck with the book, Fisherman. Look forward to seeing it on the shelves.
          Thanks, Etenguy!

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post

Yep your book may persuade me, I will read with an open mind.
            If there´s one thing I´ve learnt over the years, then that is that even the arguments you yourself regard as completely solid will always be able to find themselves a fierce adversary among the people dealing in ripperology. It will always be a question of interpretation and personal views, and it really cannot be any other way. Out here, some of the most knowledgeable and discerning people share band width with people who are ready to go to extreme lengths and beyond in order to defend what is sometimes realistically undefendable.

In the end, all one can hope for is what you put on offer: an open mind. And if you can make a case good enough for the ones with an open mind to pause and ask themselves "that really isn´t a bad theory, is it?", then you have achieved a lot.

Stay well, Gut!

Comment

So this explains your absence from the boards, of late.... Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                So this explains your absence from the boards, of late.... Nice one!
                You were always good at connecting the dots, Joshua ...

Comment

Has Ed Stow abandoned his book Fish now that you've beaten him to it or is he still working on one?

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    Has Ed Stow abandoned his book Fish now that you've beaten him to it or is he still working on one?
                    That´s not for me to say. However, Edward has an immense lot of material to bring to the table, and let me tell you, Herlock - you don´t want to miss out on that! Ideally, he can put a book out there when the interest for the carman has peaked.

Comment

That´s not for me to say. However, Edward has an immense lot of material to bring to the table, and let me tell you, Herlock - you don´t want to miss out on that! Ideally, he can put a book out there when the interest for the carman has peaked.
                      Cheers Fish

Comment

Don't forget, I'm the one who encouraged you to push the victimology up a bit to Chapman. Beyond that, it's pretty dicey. So now you can join Lynn Cates as the "two-off" guys in Ripperology, for victims Nichols and Chapman, suspects Lechmere and Issenschmid. Both very good theories.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                          Don't forget, I'm the one who encouraged you to push the victimology up a bit to Chapman. Beyond that, it's pretty dicey. So now you can join Lynn Cates as the "two-off" guys in Ripperology, for victims Nichols and Chapman, suspects Lechmere and Issenschmid. Both very good theories.
                          Forget? I´ve got a better memory than an elephant.

Or was that a rhino ...??

Comment

Hi that’s really good news. Enjoyed the documentary watched it a few times now and found it really interesting.
                            The only two critical points on the documentary are
                            1 the leap of faith required to accept Letcmere may have stayed at his mothers one particular night
                            and
                            2 The summing up by the prosecutor/ lawyer at the end when he announced a case to answer.
                            I often wonder if he had said no case to answer would it have been cut out.
                            I disagree with his assumption I don’t think there is enough to “ take the case to court”.
                            Minor thought but you come across as a really good guy and I for one am looking forward to your book.
                            Good luck and you must feel very proud of your achievements
                            regards.

Comment

Thanks, Etenguy!
                              Meant to ask - where will the book be available?

Comment

Available on all good riverbanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X