A New Ripper Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sam,

If I heard the programme correctly that "autopsy chappie" claimed that his reconstruction came from reading the inquest papers, if so he has done something that no one else has!

Enjoyed the bit about Best, but I shall want to read all of that letter as we only had one sentence read out, and the context could well be different when read as a whole.

Rgds
    John

Comment

• Ripper/Cook Make David Icke Forums!

Hey; just found this by accident- Mr. Cook's book made the David Icke Forums!

I had no idea there even were David Icke Forums, but apparently they too investigate the Ripper... God, I hope they don't beat us to the solution.

Anyway, it's good for a laugh. Regards, Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by John Savage View Post
        Enjoyed the bit about Best, but I shall want to read all of that letter as we only had one sentence read out, and the context could well be different when read as a whole.
        I quoted a bit more than that sentence here:
        Discussion of the letters and communications allegedly sent by the Ripper to the press, police and public.

I hope that includes the whole of the relevant context.

Comment

• Hi,
          So the letters were written by a 'Enterprising newspaper man' .....now that is original.....[old hat]
          Quite frankly, I found the whole first episode, somewhat strange, half the people interviewed appeared as if they were about to either laugh, or in Stewarts case 'cry'.
          There can be hardly be any one on Casebook, that believes that any letter] apart from the Lusk] was written by the killer, and even that one unlikely, and therefore a hoax for profit is a good suggestion.
          However, it is a fact that women were being slaughtered by a fiend, and all we would like to know is 'Who By'?
          This programme regardless of how many episodes are shown , will not reveal that, anyway I must wait until next wednesday to be futher excited....
          Regards Richard.

Comment

• surely they should have looked at Bullan
            Very true. On looking at the sample of Bullan's handwriting on Page 18 of 'Jack the Ripper: Letters From Hell', it looks similar to the handwriting on the 'Dear Boss...' letter, especially the word 'joke'
            Best regards,
            Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

• I actually ended up listening rather than watching....While learning to use photobucket!.......Only looked up when I recognised a voice(DR & SPE)...And when they were waffling about Leather Apron......
              Steve

Comment

• I'm still 'ere- Just went to bed that's all!!

We made a copy of it- will check it plays OK tonight (or hubby will!) and if anyone's desparate for a copy PM your mailing addy

Suzi x
                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Hi Don and people who missed the program

It takes some time to buffer and you get a few adds at the beginning but at least you can watch it NOW..

enjoy

Pirate

Comment

• Cheers Jeff! x
                    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Hi Richard

There is no 'second part' to come next Wednesday. This was a one-off in part of a generic series.

Archaic - Mr Cook has been invoiced. Nothing else to add at this stage!

PHILIP
                      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• The TV show is a three part show, Jack the Ripper was part one, the Turin shroud is part two and no doubt something that has never been solved, but has for channel five will be part three.

I have money riding on the fact that Best created the Turin Shroud!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi All,

I found it quite amusing when the Star was accused by that appalling little Sun man of conjuring up a serial killer to enhance newspaper sales after a third unfortunate, Polly Nichols, was foully murdered, and the narrator (Michelle Collins) then announced that - shock, horror - it would soon become apparent that there really was a serial killer on the streets. Kind of took the edge right off the whole point being made.

And of course, it wasn't made remotely clear that the name "Jack the Ripper" only began to enter the newspaper-buying consciousness after the double event, when there were already six unsolved Whitechapel murders.

The implication was that the corrupt Star men had encouraged more and more ripper type murders by writing the Dear Boss letter, when that appears not to have been the case at all. In fact there were no murders throughout October, the gap between the publication of Dear Boss and the next ripper murder in mid-November being a relatively long one. And if Mary wasn't even a ripper victim, then the active serial killer that the Star stand accused of goading, wasn't goaded at all - and may even have given up the knife before he knew he had been given a trade name.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Hi Caz...

Originally posted by caz View Post
                            that appalling little Sun man
                            That's fabulous! He was an appalling little Sun man!

As per usual with this tabloid tv affairs, it promised much and delivered little imo - and as observed by many others since it went out last night.

What I took away from it was that JTR is a good stage name - I'd never actually consciously thought about it before - I suppose because it's iconic in British culture. I don't think that's the reason why the murders are remembered though.

Jane x

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                              http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63811

Hey; just found this by accident- Mr. Cook's book made the David Icke Forums!

I had no idea there even were David Icke Forums, but apparently they too investigate the Ripper... God, I hope they don't beat us to the solution.

Anyway, it's good for a laugh. Regards, Archaic
                              The very first reply blames Zionists not only for JtR but also Columbine.

I assume most posters on the David Icke forums are mentalists.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Savage View Post
                                Enjoyed the bit about Best, but I shall want to read all of that letter as we only had one sentence read out
                                Indeed, John - and we only had a quick glimpse of the handwriting comparison as well. That looked promising, but we'd need to see more before we could make a reasonable assessment.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X