No announcement yet.

3D Miller's Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I could do with is some accurate figures regarding the dimentions of the court. For example what would be the width at the top of the court (between numbers 5/6 and number 7/8 (see this link)

Also the width from Kelly's windows to the wall opposite (no. 12).

AND in the map (link above) there is a privy next to the water pump. Is this correct? I though the privies were right at the top of the court next to house number 5/6.

Any advice would aid my accuracy (or inaccuracy in this care!)

thanks

Oh, while I'm at it:

The image below depicts the three houses on the right (looking from the court entry arch toward the privy). Can someone confirm the window and door configuration?

ta
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Hi Richard

I have a link to a video that you can download and view which represents 26 Dorset St and the court

It will help Stephen explain some of the interior layout I think

It was created in a very basic game level creation programme and is nowhere near the quality of your work - I don't think this is even the finished video

I only worked from eye, matching contemporary illustrations and used no measurements

The interior rooms of No.26 Dorset St were created as close as I could interpret Stephen's instructions though the second floor is in error in that the door on the left leads to a corridor whereas the left hand wall in that corridor should not exist

There appears to be a brick dustbin building on the other side of the pump area in some maps which I represented with a dustbin

The layout of Kitty Ronan's room is as per the map Stephen will probably provide you with

I had a different door and window configuration to match an illustration IIRC

It's 100Mb so it will take a few minutes to download and runs for about 5mins

Make sure you click on the "Click here to download from sendspace" rather than the other download buttons

If you have any problems downloading that, PM me with your email address and I should be able to send you a direct link

Comment

Thank you Nemo
        I've successfully downloaded your video and watched it with interest. It looks like I've got a couple of things a bit wrong with the layout of the court. Firstly, my design of the privy block is all wrong. I have it as a sort of extension off No. 5/6 rather than a thin block of three toilets abutting the back wall.

Secondly, My configuration for the windows and doors for house number 7 to 12 is different from your video. As you can see in the wireframe image in my post above I have:

Could confirm that your configuration is the correct version?

EDIT:
        I found this image on these forums which shows the court with the houses (numbers 7 to 12) on the right:

To me this shows the configuration as I have it in my wireframe image above.

thanks

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
        Hi Richard

I have a link to a video that you can download and view which represents 26 Dorset St and the court

It will help Stephen explain some of the interior layout I think

It was created in a very basic game level creation programme and is nowhere near the quality of your work - I don't think this is even the finished video

I only worked from eye, matching contemporary illustrations and used no measurements

The interior rooms of No.26 Dorset St were created as close as I could interpret Stephen's instructions though the second floor is in error in that the door on the left leads to a corridor whereas the left hand wall in that corridor should not exist

There appears to be a brick dustbin building on the other side of the pump area in some maps which I represented with a dustbin

The layout of Kitty Ronan's room is as per the map Stephen will probably provide you with

I had a different door and window configuration to match an illustration IIRC

It's 100Mb so it will take a few minutes to download and runs for about 5mins

Make sure you click on the "Click here to download from sendspace" rather than the other download buttons

If you have any problems downloading that, PM me with your email address and I should be able to send you a direct link
        Last edited by richardh; 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Richard

I also built the toilets incorrectly at one point as when I referred to Jake Lukkanen's construction it indicated a tapered structure against the back wall, and this layout was confirmed by reference to Goad maps

I seem to recall that I took some artistic licence with the door/window arrangement for some reason and you have the correct layout according to the illustration you posted

I'll have a look for the illustrations I referred to as I recollect a view from the pump across the court that may have influenced my decision
          Last edited by Nemo; 11-21-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks Nemo.
            I'm not sure how I came to decide on that window/door configuration. I must have seen it somewhere. I found this picture on the web to illustrate what I mean. It would be good if someone could provide further details:

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
            Hi Richard

I also built the toilets incorrectly at one point as when I referred to Jake Lukkanen's construction it indicated a tapered structure against the back wall, and this layout was confirmed by reference to Goad maps

I seem to recall that I took some artictic licence with the door/window arrangement for some reason and you have the correct layout according to the illustration you posted

I'll have a look for the illustrations I referred to as I recollect a view from the pump across the court that may have influenced my decision

Comment

I 've had a quick look and can't really justify my arrangement Richard so I'd leave yours as it is

If in doubt it's usually worthwhile to check how Jake illustrated it so I'll check the CSI Whitechapel book in a minute and also the Definitive Story DVD probably has a view of that block

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi again Richard

I can't locate my copy of the Definitive story but I think it's worth checking

Jake refers to Goad maps and might have an idea about the location of doors etc

I know it was his information that told me the room above the arch was not connected to No 26 Dorset St but was part of No.27

In CSI Whitechapel there is a partial view of the opposite side of the court which appears to show a door/window/door/window arrangement

Comment

I might have referred to this illustration Richard as it shows the floor plan of Kitty Ronan's room and what appears to be a door/window/door arangement on that side of the court

Click image for larger version

Name:	KR1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	665307

Comment

• This illustration appears to be looking across the court from the pump and shows the doors separated by two windows, indicating to me a left/right arrangement of the interior rooms ie each dwelling was a mirror image of the one attached to it

Name:	MillersCourt7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	665308

Comment

• Hmmm, A bit contradictory those examples are aren't they? I'm more confused than ever!

However, I agree with you that it looks like the configuration *could* have been mirror image configurations - I.E two front doors next to each other and two windows together etc.

I think I'll have to keep researching.

Comment

• Still working on the external details of Miller's Court but loads to do and I think I'm getting a bit pedantic and OCD over how it looks. So I can't release a new version just yet until I get it to how I like (or at least 90% presentable). I'd say it's 60% there.
                          Will have something soon(ish).

Comment

• I really enjoyed exploring both Mitre Square and Room 13. Your work and dedication on the subject is extraordinary. I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I say please do keep up the grand work as we appreciate your meticulous and painstaking efforts and the fine results they bring.

Looking forward to seeing the new developments when and how they come.

Comment

• Take your time Richard, I have an inkling into how much work is involved

Your work so far is excellent and worthwhile completing

I'd recommend being as pedantic as possible

Here's a Goad's Fire map of the period showing the tapered toilets at the end of the court...

Name:	MCWCs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	665322

Comment

• PS
                                Note the door position within the alleyway that would appear to me to open on a corridor with the stairs to the left

Comment

Working...
                                X