Rippercast Primer Podcast - Suspects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast Primer Podcast - Suspects

I wanted to post this to let people know, since I see renewed activity on the podcast thread, that the Primer podcasts are currently moving forward in the research and development behind the scenes. (Mostly me still figuring out the software, because, let's face it, I am a techno-idjit).

At this point I am inviting members to contact me via PM if they are interested in doing a segment on the Suspects podcast. This podcast will run a little differently than other podcasts as it will neither be a one-on-one nor a panel, but individual theorists putting forth an "opening argument" or pitch for their selected candidate. These will be brief (about five minutes) that sum up why Suspect is a strong candidate for the Ripper or, if strong can't even be claimed, why they are a candidate at all.

While we have volunteers for some of the suspects, we don't have for all of them and we would like to use people who have a genuine enthusiasm for the suspect rather than say, Disbeliever trying to convince people Sickert is a valid candidate. We may have to go that way for some of them, but we would prefer not to if a viable alternative presents itself. And whether a candidate is included might come down to whether we can find a living breathing person to argue for them.

If you would be interested in preparing a five minute segment for the upcoming podcast, to be recorded at your convenience, please send me a PM.

I will be bumping this periodically throughout the week so please forgive the annoyance in advance.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Hi guys bumping to keep it up and also to say what suspects currently have volunteers or are tentatively scheduled. If you are interested in doing one that is listed, you can still PM me, just in case schedules don't work out or a conflict arises. And of course, if your guy is not on the list, please PM me as well.

So far we have: Druitt, Hutchinson, Kozminski, Stephenson, Sickert, and Royal Conspiracy.

Again, nothing has yet been recorded so if you are interested and want to be a backup in case one of the volunteers falls through, please don't hesitate to PM me. Also should we have individual podcasts on suspects, it would be good for me to have a bank of people who are interested in them to invite on the show.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Current list is:

Druitt,
      Hutchinson,
      Kozminski,
      Stephenson,
      Sickert,
      Royal Conspiracy
      Maybrick

If your guy isn't on the list, volunteer to put him there or don't complain later when they didn't make the cut.

Also the five minutes per suspect has been extended to ten minutes. Originally the plan was to have a five minute pro-argument, followed by a five minute con-argument, but the con side has been cut and may turn into its own podcast.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Ally,

Just a brief note to wish you every success with this podcast...one that seems to me at least overdue...and to thank you for all your efforts...I'm one of a large number of folk on here who aren't sufficiently knowledgeable to participate in something like this, but who know just enough to know how much effort must be involved, not just in this, but in being an administrator for Casebook too

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, but to be honest, the thanks goes to all the volunteers who agree to come on and share their brains and knowledge with the rest of the world, and put themselves out there. My part is easy in comparison. I just get to go on and be witty and delightful.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Actually, I thought Jonathan was witty and delightful, and you were delightful and witty.

Great news, thanks for carrying on with the podcasts!

Comment

Will there be a podcast on goats who have committed capital crimes?
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                Will there be a podcast on goats who have committed capital crimes?

LOl.. that is going to be the VERY first show when we start doing the alternative topic episodes.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Pleased to announce an addition to the suspect line-up. The list is now...

Druitt,
                  Hutchinson,
                  Kozminski,
                  Stephenson,
                  Sickert,
                  Royal Conspiracy
                  Maybrick
                  Barnett

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

I'd like to see George Chapman, James Kelly, and William Grainger on the list if possible Ally

No Lechmere?

Comment

Just a suggestion, perhaps for a separate podcast: I'd like to hear a discussion on the whole 'Leather Apron' business and how it developed and then fizzled out after John Pizer. One of the old podcasts promised such, and I was rather disappointed that it never occured.

Is the Kosminski discussion just on Aaron, or is Martin's 'Cohen Confusion' theory going to be covered also? Or is this considered too distinct of a theory?

Comment

The David Cohen topic was covered with Martin Fido in the episode 'The Police, the Jews, and Jack the Ripper' if you are interested. Whether Ally revisits it with her new series I do not know.

Thanks

JM

Comment

Originally posted by C. F. Leon View Post

Is the Kosminski discussion just on Aaron, or is Martin's 'Cohen Confusion' theory going to be covered also? Or is this considered too distinct of a theory?
                          As the person who is doing Koz believes Aaron was the Ripper, I imagine it will be purely regarding him and will not delve into Cohen. As Martin is the only one I know with an interest in Cohen (not saying there aren't others, just who I know) I suppose I could email and ask him if he's interested in doing a ten minute set up piece, but he's covered him before in more depth so he might not be interested.

In other news I am pleased to announce another addition to the list:

George Chapman

And again, if there's anyone not on the list that you would like covered, we welcome volunteers.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                            I'd like to see George Chapman, James Kelly, and William Grainger on the list if possible Ally

No Lechmere?
                            I somehow missed this post the first time around, sorry. So since we have a Chapman, does that mean you are volunteering for Kelly and Grainger and Lechmere, Nemo?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Hi Ally

Is Helena chipping in with George Chapman?

I don't know a lot about Kelly - I'll have to buy the book I think, but he's a strong suspect from what I gather

Lechmere? No, no - I'm sure there's someone else to take on that mantle

If nobody else feels a need to cover Grainger then I don't mind stating his case - it'll probably be about 2mins worth - lol

Regards

Nemo

PS Someone is supporting "The Royal Conspiracy"?, or are they just outlining that theory?
                              Last edited by Nemo; 06-23-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X