Ep. #39- A Diseased and Vile Creature: Thomas Cutbush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya RJ,

Sorry I somehow missed this post. I realize that your approach and mine differ and that's cool. I am not "worried" about liars, I despise them. I find what AP has done and does, as evidenced in the case of this apparently completely made-up Essen case is not so much that of lying, but of outright fraud.

Deceiving the public for financial gain makes him not only a liar and a fraud, but also a hypocrite.

On the one hand, while I find it hilarious that he has no problems accusing others of inventing things and creating "hoaxes", while he goes merrily about doing the same thing, on the other, I find it incredulous that people actually consider this an okay and acceptable thing to do. That there are people like Robert, who seems a genuinely okay guy, who would defend and support AP, even though he is prone to outright lies, blatantly false accusations and gross hypocrisy just leaves me completely baffled.

AP's "charm" and unique approach is not all that intriguing or unusual. It is that of a conman: Fling as much mud as you can at a subject and whatever sticks, you claim and whatever doesn't stick, you deny throwing.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Message from AP : The Essen case is very much genuine. It came to light in 1991. I researched it over 15 years ago and have no reason or intention to do so again.

Comment

Message to AP: Yeah, the case is so genuine you couldn't be arsed to put in any specific details whatsoever, like names of the accused, so your accusations could be verified?

Kind of a history with you isn't it, making accusations of wrongdoing and failing to provide any evidence when asked for it.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

nutjob?

If a century of poor understanding has not helped, maybe a different approach is in order? What we think we know, may be complicating the issue. Respectfully Dave
          We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

I had really hoped this awful matter of Ap"s character assassination by Ally would have stopped by now ,especially making such vicious comments about him all the time when he is no longer able to defend himself here because of the ban.
            Would it be possible for you to moderate your language a bit Ally?
            Thanks
            Best Wishes
            Norma

Comment

No actually I don't feel any need to moderate my language. AP's ban came about by his own doing and was his own choice. It came about if you remember, by him accusing another poster on these boards of creating a deliberate hoax and when asked to provide evidence or withdraw the claim, he chose to tell the mod to go to hell rather than either doing one of those two very simple things. He'd rather stand by his slander than provide evidence for it or withdraw it, so I don't really feel a need to consider his feelings. And you know and I know that he could return at any time if he were a sufficient man to apologize and admit his mistake, which we all know he doesn't have the character or the balls to do.

And he has Robert and you to post messages on his behalf, so he's hardly shut out in the cold.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Boy i am late back in the frame again..AP Wolf is banned ?
                I haven't listened to the 'Cutbush' podcast yet as i am listening to each individually ..
                blimey i have been away way too long...

Comment

P.S. Since I have gotten 3 asks in 3 minutes, no I do not know for sure that AP could come back if he apologized and retracted his statements regarding the hoax, I am guessing based on the known lenient and forgiving nature of the PTBs.

For all I know the Admin could tell AP to go to hell, which would be fitting.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Aah hoaxes etc..did this stem from the 'Cutbush 'podcast ?
                    I am really curious on this one..

Comment

No, the hoax story was on the Dutfield's yard thread. Philip Hutchinson found a photo of Dutfield's yard taken about 12 years after the murders. He created a thread about it but refused to show it, saying that it would be printed and available in a book. As a "tease" Phil posted a grainy, bad resolution copy of the photo for about 24 hours in which not much could be made out. Several people who have seen the photo believe it to be a genuine photo of Dutfield's and have gone on record saying they believe it to be genuine. AP decided it was a hoax top to bottom and made many insinuations finally culminating in him saying that Phil had photoshopped it and in his hurry had "misplaced" the identifying background buildings that pointed to it being Dutfields. He was told by the PTBs that as that statement crossed the line into slander territory, he either needed to withdraw the claim or provide actual evidence, he decided to tell the PTBs to go to hell.

Which resulted in his vacation.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Thanks for that Ally,i can listen to the 'Cutbush' pod in peace now when i reach it.
                        What a shame,you would have that that Wolf would have at least waited to see what Phil had to offer,they are both dedicated to the same cause !!

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                          I had really hoped this awful matter of Ap"s character assassination by Ally would have stopped by now...
                          When Ally commented before:
                          "There are only two possibilities here. Either the case exists exactly as AP reported it, and he will provide the details so that we can study this case, which is frankly fascinating with all the various twists and turns. Or the case doesn't exist, in which case, AP invented a story that has no basis in fact, which would hardly be the first time he'd done so, and you are hardly the one who should feel guilty about that."
                          you replied
                          "That sounds fair"

It sounded fair to me as well.

The problem is that the story as presented by A. P. Wolf involves a "series of particularly brutal rapes and assaults" in Essen, which - if it ever happened - must have been of national interest to start with. But then we have the additional claims that another police force had been informed of the culprit's identity while the attacks were continuing, that the informant was threatened by the officers of that force because the culprit was the son of one of its senior officers, to the extent that she moved out of the area "to begin a new life", and when the matter was finally investigated there was discovered "overwhelming evidence that the local police had manifestly interfered with witness statements, misplaced and ‘lost’ files intentionally, and had indeed been harassing the girl".

If that had really happened it would obviously have constituted a national scandal. And yet all efforts to trace the case - both inside and outside Germany - have completely failed.

So isn't it natural to conclude that "AP invented a story that has no basis in fact"? In fact, isn't that what you yourself said would be fair?

Comment

Thank you Chris, exactly. I find it completely beyond belief that such a case would not be readily available on the internet in the true crime files and wouldn't to some degree even be in the national consciousness, at least among those of our German friends here who study crime. I should also point out the Herr Jaud is still diligently following up leads with the Essen police force and should have a definitive account for us, one way or the other. Who knows, I might end up eating my words after all.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Chris,
                              As my point was about the repugnant language Ally was using to defame the character of Ap ,your point is not relevant here.
                              Best Wishes
                              Norma

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                                As my point was about the repugnant language Ally was using to defame the character of Ap ,your point is not relevant here.
                                But surely the question is whether what A. P. Wolf wrote in his book was true, or whether he invented it.

If he invented it, what part of Ally's language do you consider is inappropriate?

Comment

Working...
                                X