No announcement yet.

Rippercast- The Jack the Ripper Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris, well posting factually incorrect information isn't helpful as you say ,no contention with you there..

but alongside your belief that the ripper could not have been very young, the implication ,or was I a bit over-sensitive? seemed to be that anyone who thinks he may have been must be a bit stupid; 'nothing some people would believe would surprise me' ..and that's a bit unfair and unfounded, isn't it?

I don't believe the ripper was 14. But I don't see how it can be so easily dismissed either.

No, I don't know of another case of a boy murdering prostitutes. So what? there's a first time for everything.. its far from outside the bounds of possibilty,given the horrors meted out by some teenagers! You do seem to be under the same sort of disbelief that greeted investigators of Thompson and Venables..the details of their crimes have still not been made fully known, even to Bulger's mother by the way, since they were known to be particularly horriffic. I went to an all boys comprehensive school, Chris..and it left me in no doubt as to the potential for deep and disturbed behaviours in the adolescent male.I wonder what was/is your experience of teenage boys?

oh and hello to you! by the way.did enjoy your MJK and other research podcast..fantastic mystery, MJK..I'm just jealous that you find the time!?! lol!

WK.

Comment

• Originally posted by White-Knight View Post
      J.M. A.P. ALLY, (Chris..if you are listening)

Now I know a lot of people have worked hard, and find this sort of thing rude..and I know AP is more than capable of defending himself, but I want to say that I don't think being a serious researcher should give any poster here the right to condemn the man SO VERY heftily for his style and tone, or even his content, which many seem to find so objectionable, misled and/or misleading..though personally I don't. It often comes across as sour grapes by the humourless for not being as amusing in counter argument.Staying up all night researching MJK geneology or any other taxing research option, worthy as it may be , doesn't give you the right to dismiss people presenting ideas you HADN'T or CHOSE NOT to consider.

W.K.
      Oh yes, it's his tone and his wit that we all object to. It's not his neverending vendettas against people in Ripperology that he decides for whatever arbitrary, unsupported reason are too much admired so he needs to take them down, it's not his calling people liars, hoaxers, etc. it's not his constant whining attacks on people, it's not his never ending determination to play the martyr and set himself up as the sole proprietor of "morality" in the world of Ripperology. No none of that is it at all. We condemn him because of his wit and his tone and because we are so jealous of his wildly unsupported ideas we wished we'd come up with.

Uh huh, that's it.

What is up with the sudden influx of pompous, moralizing nuts? Did we get put on a list or something?
      Last edited by Ally; 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• White-Knight

I think you're confusing me with Chris Scott.

Comment

• Chris oooooh bugger so i am ! sorry bout that!

Ally...o.k. calm down! I've obviously hit more than a nerve! I don't know about your 'pompous moralizing nutcase,' accusation..I'm hardly that but I am yet to read a convincing denunciation of Cutbush on these threads. Exactly how is his candidacy 'wildly unsupported'?

yes you are on a list..mine. and unless you want to make a formal complaint..you are going to have to get on with it. or ignore me. after that little outburst I really don't care which.

WK.

Comment

• White knight, no nerve hit. I am just laughing at your temerity. It takes balls to rush headlong into a situation you know nothing about and start making accusations about people without apprising yourself of the history or the facts.

Did you ever consider that AP lives outside the threads of Cutbush, that our opinions on him might have nothing whatsoever to do with cutbush? That my references to "wildly unsupported" have nothing whatsoever to do with Cutbush and refer more to AP's accusations against people on the boards, accusations that he tosses off without a single fact to back them up and at his whim? That it might relate more to his constant attacks on anyone he perceives as holding a place of honor in the Ripper community?

Before you decided to tell us we were all naughty and jealous, did you pause for a moment to consider that, unlike you, AP has a long history with the people here? So before you tell everyone that in your opinion we are only dogging him because we are jealous of him and his wit, his talent and his carefree manner, you should possibly do some investigation and ask some questions before you start wagging your finger at people.

In other words, don't get into the middle of something you have absolutely no idea about and make judgments you have no supportable basis for and then cry because you get called on it.

And as for being on your list...LOL. I will give that fact the consideration it deserves.
            Last edited by Ally; 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Ally- you seem to think your little Ripper world is inaccessible to the ouside world..I have been reading posts here for some YEARS before I began to post myself..I am well aware of AP's activity on other threads, the authenticity of Philip's photo being merely a recent but good example.. and I don't think I am speaking with quite the level of ignorance you assume..and yes I was aware of the possibilty you were talking beyond Cutbush..its just that its Cutbush I am currently and chiefly interested in.

It seems to me, however, it is YOU who takes on the pompous and moral high ground quite often, your role semms chiefly to be in the necessary criticism of other's views, as your user name would suggest...though I often enjoy your dissemination.., did you not bother yourself to notice my comments on podcasts?..but you have no real quarrel with me..I'm small fry..though you'll have to try much harder to make me 'cry'!

Meanwhile, perhaps you would be kind enough to furnish us all with your CURRENT views on the Cutbush candidacy, for in this area you do still leave us all in ignorance, do you not?

temerity is my middle name ,Ally.and if I didn't have other things to do, I could sit here all day...

I know you will continue to profess not to care but you're still on my list, for now, just. for past entertainment rendered. unknown to you.obviously.

And I maintain, for all the faults you list , the man has wit and style.
              So do you.
              perhaps you are more alike than you think.

WK.
              Last edited by White-Knight; 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• further to the above, tone and wit were NOT my only considerations,Ally.
                and so-called vendettas and accusations...quite frankly, and inspite of the irksome-ness people seem to find in them, so what?

I'm still reeling myself ,I admit from being called 'pompous' ,not to mention a nutcase..was that an example of you giving me some of HIS medicine I wonder..doesn't say much for your argument against AP either Ally,with you throwing around such accusations of ignorance yourself.. as for pompous.(again).. its exactly the overtly pompous tone of posters who quite reasonably want to counter AP, which I was objecting to in the frst place!

I'll be back.

W.K.
                Last edited by White-Knight; 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by White-Knight View Post

I'll be back.

W.K.
                  Not on this thread.

Take this off topic discussion somewhere else.

Thanks,

JM

Comment

• its not THAT off topic J.M. as it concerns a potential guest on the show. But I take your point.

goodbye.

W.K.

Comment

• JM, let me get this right,
                      as long as Im being villified, condemned and castigated you are more than happy for the thread to continue as such, but the very moment someone pops up to offer me some support, you claim it to be 'off-topic'.
                      Not in my court calender you don't.
                      You allow me, and anyone else, the courtesy and good manners to reply to negative comment about my good self, that have been made on this thread, and will be replied to on this thread.

Comment

• To reiterate what this portion of the thread concerns...

Episode 38, to record Sunday 11 January, will be focused on eliminating the "popular" suspects who just do not belong. Rippercast is soliciting listener input for this topic.

The suspects listed on the Casebook Suspect page are as follows:

Prince Albert Victor
                        Joseph Barnett
                        Alfred Napier Blanchard
                        W.H. Bury
                        Lewis Carroll
                        David Cohen
                        Dr. T. Neill Cream
                        Frederick Deeming
                        Montague John Druitt
                        Carl Feigenbaum
                        Fogelma
                        George Hutchinson (Br.)
                        Hyam Hyams
                        Jill the Ripper
                        James Kelly
                        Severin Klosowski (George Chapman)
                        Aaron Kosminski
                        Jacob Levy
                        The Lodger
                        James Maybrick
                        Michael Ostrog
                        Dr. Pedachenko
                        The Royal Conspiracy
                        Walter Sickert
                        James Kenneth Stephen
                        R. DŽOnston Stephenson
                        Alois Szemeredy
                        Francis Thompson
                        Francis Tumblety
                        Nicholas Vassily
                        Dr. John Williams

and...

Thomas Cutbush

Why in the world are all of these names listed? Which ones can we safely remove for all eternity from this list? Are there names that we need to add, just so we can absolve them? Which suspects should go, and which should stay, and Why?

Please feel free to discuss this topic here, via PM or email me your ideas at rippernet@mac.com

Listener input will be read and included in the show.

You have until Sunday, 11 Jan, 2pmESTUS, 7pmGMT to submit your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks to Grave Maurice for his input, it has been noted. I quite agree with most of your list.

Any comments or questions about potential or upcoming guests (or if you, the listener, believe you could contribute constructively to this subject and would like to appear on the show) should be directed to me in private.

Thanks,

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                          JM, let me get this right,
                          as long as Im being villified, condemned and castigated you are more than happy for the thread to continue as such, but the very moment someone pops up to offer me some support, you claim it to be 'off-topic'.
                          Not in my court calender you don't.
                          You allow me, and anyone else, the courtesy and good manners to reply to negative comment about my good self, that have been made on this thread, and will be replied to on this thread.
                          Hi AP,

Comments made in reference to Cutbush's absence on the Casebook suspect list were fine by me. And I came onto this thread to clarify your status in regards to the podcast, i.e. that you, despite our occasional spats, are welcome to participate in the thing.

Once this thread became more about Ally's vs AP's approach to other posters, and White-Knight's possible ignorant newbie status, I thought it needed to get back on track.

I'd be more than happy to delete every post in response to my question save Grave Maurice's (edit- and White Knight's and your first responses, even tho it contained a mis characterization about me) if there is some appearance that I'm being unfair.

JM
                          Last edited by jmenges; 01-07-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Hiya Jonathon,

Out of my boundless devotion to you and the podcast, I'll wait til some other opportunity on some other thread to point out what jackass I think AP is.

Peace out.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• That's it, Ally, I was bred to be sure footed over narrow passes, to get over mountains, and carry people and their goods safely home.

Comment

• Okay, JM, let's do a Cutbush show sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X