No announcement yet.

Rippercast- The Jack the Ripper Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillyE - for some of us, it was not a case of benevolence but an HONOUR to be asked onto the show.

I'm such a creep. It's true, though (the first bit).

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Thanks Jeff,

I did send the email to ICM about 3 weeks ago, before these threads heated up. But yes, the slightest chance will be best once the new edition of her book comes out.

There will be a show specifically on each victim, so yes, there will be a Kelly show. Her show is not currently on the calendar, but things change day to day with the podcasts.

I try my hardest to avoid talking publicly about future guests (the unliklihood of Cornwell being a rare exception) until they have confirmed and it is really a "go", so forgive me for dodging your query about the excellent author, researcher and gentleman, Neal Stubbings Sheldon.

As far as other serial killer cases, Rippercast will try to keep its focus on the late Victorian Period. So, no, I don't envision this show branching out to cover 'Jack the Stripper'. I'd love to talk Crippen, btw, but then we'd have to change the name of the podcast or start another one all together. Rippercast has done one show on the Thames Torso murders, we'll do Klosowski's, and other suspects who have committed crimes will have their careers examined as well.

Thanks again for your compliments and support of the show.

JM

Comment

• Thanks fab.....I'm the only poster on casebook whose spelling actually improves when I've been celebrating..(cup final)...

just a thought but i have a contact for Richard Jones..how about a link up live from one of his Ripper walks? Direct from mitre sq..interveiwing his guests?

just a thought

Jeff x

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

I'm taking this conversation to PM...

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
            just a thought but i have a contact for Richard Jones..how about a link up live from one of his Ripper walks? Direct from mitre sq..interveiwing his guests?
            Erm...

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Well Jonathon, I sure hope you get Patricia Cornwell on the podcast. That would be a really interesting show, especially depending on who else is on the panel. And for the record, I don't think the podcast is "rinky-dink" at all. I love the show!

And Phillip, I agree it would be an honor to be invited on the show. I'd love to be on it, but that would beg the question of exactly what I'd bring to the show. That would be a hard pressed question to answer. But I'll keep trying.
              "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                Erm...

PHILIP
                My thought exactly.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                  BillyE - for some of us, it was not a case of benevolence but an HONOUR to be asked onto the show.

I'm such a creep. It's true, though (the first bit).

PHILIP
                  It was a great honour to have you on the show Philip, and I for one enjoyed it!!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                    It was a great honour to have you on the show Philip, and I for one enjoyed it!!
                    Teachers Pet !

Monty
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• I still have an apple here for Philip, but it's gone quite mouldy!

Regards Mike

Comment

• Good News!

The broken RSS feed that has been plaguing my podcast for the past month or so is now fixed.

This means that in an hour or 2 it will again be up to date and visible via the iTunes Music Store's Podcast section and searchable kw=jack the ripper in a day or two.

This does not mean much to those who already subscribed via the website, but it does make it somewhat easier to find and download missed episodes as well as bring in new listeners who stumble upon the show.

You can access the new iTunes Music Store page via this link

They've added the artwork too!

I'll have information concerning the next episode available tomorrow.

JM

Comment

• Episode #15 is online

Hi all,

Episode #15 of Rippercast

Paul Begg: A to Z

is online now!

Thanks to Paul Begg for sitting in the Special Guest chair today to discuss all sorts of things. You'll just have to listen.

Thanks also to Robert McLaughlin and Ally Ryder for co-hosting on this episode.

Run time is 1 hour 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

JM
                          Last edited by jmenges; 05-26-2008, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Look for another podcast in your stream this week.

I've recorded a "one-on-one" with Stan Russo in which he gives us more detail concerning his suspect-theory and also discusses his opinions on a few aspects of the Ripperfield and this murder case.

There may be more of these "one-on-one" interviews, hosted by either myself or another co-host from the podcast, in the future.

If you'd like to participate in a one-on-one discussion to be released as an unnumbered supplement to the weekly podshow, send a PM or an email my way.

JM

Comment

• Finally...

Look for Stan Russo: One-on-One available for download in about 20 minutes or so. Apologies to Stan for taking so long to get this one released. Its been one of those weeks...

Hopefully this will be one of many one-on-one discussions sent into the feed, as I really enjoyed the format. It's a great way for researchers and theorists to have a venue to express their views on the case with little or no debate. I look at these one-on-ones as a kind of 'passing the mic', so if you've got something to say, let one of us Rippercasters know.

Thanks to all that listen and support the podcast!

JM

Comment

• And I'll go ahead and mention that this Sunday's show will focus on the murder of Elizabeth Stride, so stay tuned.

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X