Rippercast- The Jack the Ripper Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Jonathon

I've been having some technical problems..my poor old hard drives finally gave up...

So I'm in the process of upgrading to Lepard (1 terror bite)..I have discovered a MAC wiz locally..I intend to pick his brains on WebCam conferancing and reinstall SKYPE..

All my down loads being lost

I have spoken to Richard Jones who is interested in taking part if I can get things off the ground with you..must dash

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Lately I've not been able to download the podcast so I can put it on my mp3 player. I can listen from the web site itself, and from itunes, but not put it on my hard drive for transfer to my player. Am I doing something wrong? Could you give me a hand with this, please?
      "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

• Hi BillyE,

When the show downloads into your iTunes library it should automatically become an mp3 contained in a folder on your hard drive. It should be located in the directory Music/iTunes Music/Podcasts (or something similar). I'm a mac user so am unfamiliar with how iTunes music files are saved in a Windows directory route, but I hope this helps.

Alternatively, you can go to the RSS feed of the site by either clicking on the blue RSS symbol located in the browser window on the podcast page at the end of the URL, or cut and paste the feed address into your browser

feed://www.rippernet.com/Rippercast/Podcast/rss.xml

Here you can right-click the mp3 file to save to your desktop.

Like I said, all mp3 podcasts that enter your iTunes library are copied into a folder that the app creates. Please let me know if you can locate this folder with the file. Or if your problem is solved by going the RSS feed page route.

I have no idea about adding music to an mp3 player that is not an iPod or how thats done with Windows computers, but I hope once you locate the mp3 of the podcast on your HD, all will be well.

If you continue to have problems, PM me and I'll let you know of one other way to download the show.

Thanks

JM

Comment

• Thanks, Jonathan. With your help I was able to find the file on my itunes folder, so it is on my hard drive, and I'll be able to put it onto my mp3 player pretty easy. What I don't understand is why I'm not able to download it directly from your web site like I used to be able to the first eight episodes. Now I'm three or four episodes behind, but I'll catch up. Appriciate your help.
          "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyE View Post
            What I don't understand is why I'm not able to download it directly from your web site like I used to be able to the first eight episodes.
            If you were doing this by clicking the 'Subscribe' button on the podcasts website every week, the issue might be that my podcast's RSS feed, broken for about 10 or so episodes, was actually fixed recently. So, once you've hit 'Subscribe" once, or if you do it via the iTunes Music Store (search: Jack the Ripper) in the Podcast section, you should not have to re-subscribe again. As long as you have your podcast grabbers settings in iTunes set to check for new episodes once or twice a day, you no longer have to visit the site and each new episode will automatically be downloaded into that folder without you having to do anything.

JM

Comment

• I had been downloading from your site at rippernet.com, by right-clicking the show's banner, and downloading the show with Download Accelerator Plus. But it's not been working lately. It wants to download it as an html file at only 12K. Anyway, the iTunes route is the easiest for me now, so that's how I'll get it. Thanks.

Are you taking suggestions for episode titles? If so, I have a couple. I'll PM you the titles, if you're interested. Thanks Jonathon.

Comment

• Episode titles? No, those are planned out waaaayyyy in advance.

On second thought, sure, I'd be glad to hear them.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                  Episode titles? No, those are planned out waaaayyyy in advance.
                  Damn right. Howie came up with the title for mine a full twenty seconds before we started recording. No kidding.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• And the Liz Stride show title was made up halfway through the show!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                      And the Liz Stride show title was made up halfway through the show!
                      Yes Mike, and we're on track to beat that record today. Not only are we without a title, but....

JM

Comment

• Actually, the title for today's show will be 'Tin Match Box Empty'

JM

Comment

• Thanks to Kelly Robinson for being on this past weekends podcast at the last minute. Sorry for the delay in getting it online.

Listen in for talk about this Octobers US JtR Conference, and a few stories from past conferences. with Ally, Robert and myself.

Or iTunes Music Store kw: Jack the Ripper

JM

Comment

• Hi All,

I encourage everyone to tune in to episode #19 of Rippercast, with special guest Chris Scott. You'll be amazed at the breadth of knowledge he has of the case and this discussion with Paul Begg, Robert McLaughlin and myself should either confirm or renew the respect you have of Chris and all the information he gathers and shares freely with the Casebook community.

What an awesome episode!

Look for it in the next few hours on www.rippernet.com, in your podcast grabber, or in the iTunes Music Store/Podcasts kw: Jack the Ripper.

We thank Chris Scott for being on the show today!

Listen and enjoy,

JM

Comment

• Really enjoyed this one!

Quick question for Chis. Wasn't it eventually decided that the "James Evans" of unsound mind living in Royal Mint Street was 20 years old, and thus not 28-year-old Joseph Fleming? It might have had something to do with the registrar's handwriting.

All the best,
                              Ben

Comment

• Hi Ben
                                You are absoluely right! The Evans listed in the WUI register is given as 20 years old.
                                I'll put it down to old age!
                                The Rippercast was great fun to do and I'm glad you enjoyed it
                                Regards
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X