Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Good point Ally... and what with Tumblety being dead over 100 years, we will never know for sure if he was NPD, or APD.. or what he may or may not have had. As for Bundy....he was diagnosed APD, however there are people who debate that and do claim he did indeed have NPD and still others who believe he had RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder)...I don't think we can ever know for sure with Bundy either (yes he was at the time diagnosed APD, but that, as we all know could be different if done today..)

Steadmund Brand

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    So a part of what I was saying in the actual podcast got cut for broadcast, possibly due to technical issues and I think it makes my point completely unclear. In the podcast, Mike states to bolster his opinion that Tumblety could be the Ripper that he believes that Tumblety had Narcisisstic Personality Disorder and therefore was like like TEd Bundy who he said had NPD. I had made the point that Ted Bundy was never diagnosed as a NPD, he was diagnosed with Antisocial personality Disorder not a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I then went on to say that generally speaking it was the APDs that ended up as the serial killers not the NPDS. There was a whole section in there that got cut, possibly for technical difficulties but I did feel it was worth mentioning. Because Ted Bundy was not in fact diagnosed as a NPD. So that comparison is not accurate. He was no doubt a person who had narcisisstic traits, which is what I was attempting to allude to with "you can be a narcissist without having NPD". And there is absolutely overlap of the two conditions but Ted Bundy was not in fact diagnosed with NPD. With the cutting of the explanation of the Ted Bundy leading up, I just thought that it sounded really abrupt and kind of out of left field as to what I meant. So I wanted to explain there was a whole bit that apparently got lost in there.

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Looking forward to listening

steve

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    (Ally would like to interject that during her small portion of it, she was stoned on the Nyquil and battling a terrific cold and she basically was trying to shout over all the fluid in her head the whole time. Wait... what was that you said... yeesh....)

Leave a comment:

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Jonathan..... what an AMAZING job you did with what you had to work with....So sorry that Brian character had a cold!! and that he couldn't make it for round two, but he sucks anyway!!.. Allie was awesome taking his place (ok everyone... I am Brian... just to clarify, I am not bashing him.....)

Seriously thanks so much for the opportunity and I would be glad to take part in any future shows or discussions, time willing....(on any topic, remember I am not so much just a Tumblety guy )

I have to add that you handled this new info in a very professional and informed manner, and didn't go for the "exploitation" that so many others would have.. this is why we wanted Rippercast to be the first to know and report on the finds...Thank you again... and fantastic job as always!!

Brian
    (A.K.A Steadmund Brand)

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    A major find. Congratulations!

It will take me a while to listen to it all.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Tumblety: The Hidden Truth interviews author Michael Hawley and researcher Brian Young about the contents of over 600 pages of Saint Louis County legal documents that have been recently discovered which for the first time describes Tumblety traveling with a collection of surgical knives as well as containing further evidence of Francis Tumblety’s hatred of women, particularly prostitutes. Plus, the startling sworn depositions from these early 20th century documents that reveal Tumblety was born with a sexual development disorder that classified him as a hermaphrodite. The new information rewrites what we thought we knew about this most fascinating of Jack the Ripper suspects.

With Jonathan Menges and Ally Ryder

Available to stream or download here:

JM
    Tumblety was a hermaphrodite? who knew??

seriously though-fascinating and thanks for posting. He was quite an interesting character that's for sure!

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    started a topic Tumblety: The Hidden Truth

Tumblety: The Hidden Truth

Tumblety: The Hidden Truth interviews author Michael Hawley and researcher Brian Young about the contents of over 600 pages of Saint Louis County legal documents that have been recently discovered which for the first time describes Tumblety traveling with a collection of surgical knives as well as containing further evidence of Francis Tumblety’s hatred of women, particularly prostitutes. Plus, the startling sworn depositions from these early 20th century documents that reveal Tumblety was born with a sexual development disorder that classified him as a hermaphrodite. The new information rewrites what we thought we knew about this most fascinating of Jack the Ripper suspects.

With Jonathan Menges and Ally Ryder

Available to stream or download here:

JM
Working...
X