Druitt Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druitt Podcast

I was given this link to Podcast by Jon Hainsworth in which he sets out his case for Druitt.

02:49:26 - On New Years’ Eve 1888, a body was found floating in the Thames at Chiswick. A channel known historically by locals as “the quiet river”. Upon inqui…
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

A man who didn't set a foot in Whitechapel..

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post
      A man who didn't set a foot in Whitechapel..

The Baron
      And your proof of that is?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Ahhhh.....no proof.

Hardly a surprise.

And for future reference can I just point out (in case I get accused of following people around just to have a go at them) that yet again The Baron disappears for ages and where does he reappear. On a brand new thread to respond to me.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Better suspect than many touted here. I’d love to know Macnaghten’s private information
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Better suspect than many touted here. I’d love to know Macnaghten’s private information
            I agree GUT. Too easily dismissed by many in my opinion. The intriguing thing for me is that it's possible that more information is still out there. I've always been intrigued by Druitt as a suspect.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I agree GUT. Too easily dismissed by many in my opinion. The intriguing thing for me is that it's possible that more information is still out there. I've always been intrigued by Druitt as a suspect.
              Me too! Based on the information which we have there's really nothing to link him to the murders (other than the fact that he committed suicide at the appropriate time).

It all comes down to McNaghten's "Private Information".

Unless we know what that is, he really shouldn't be dismissed.

There are a couple of suspects which I personally favour slightly more, but I just have a niggling feeling that there MAY be something there.

Comment

Druitt is the best suspect so far (besides my own, of course). That doesn't mean that he's a great suspect very likely to have been the Ripper.

The timing of his suicide is just very suggestive.

Comment

Genuinely without wishing to sound patronising I’m always glad to hear posters being open-minded about Druitt as a suspect as the mere mention of his name tends to get the hackles rising in some. It’s almost a case of “how dare you mention Druitt as a suspect.” The private info is of course intriguing but some dismiss it with the argument that MacNaghtetn was either a liar or an idiot and yet there’s no evidence that he was either. Why were so many people convinced that the ripper had drowned himself in the Thames? There’s of course no proof of Druitt being the ripper (there’s also no proof that he wasn’t) but there are many intriguing ‘possible’ hints raised by Jon Hainsworth and other researchers. The possible link to the Crawford Letter for example. I remain intrigued. Jon Hainsworth has the American version of his book out in July with new info. I’ve pre-ordered.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
                    Druitt is the best suspect so far (besides my own, of course). That doesn't mean that he's a great suspect very likely to have been the Ripper.

The timing of his suicide is just very suggestive.
                    Who is your suspect Kattrup?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Who is your suspect Kattrup?
                      Deja vu, Herlock
                      It's Christian Hansen - I mean it mainly as a joke, there's no indication he was in London in 1888. He committed suicide in 1904 but beforehand apparently confessed/bragged to mates about killing a young woman in 1902, slit throat, no abdominal mutilations though.

Not a very good Ripper-suspect really, but he was Danish and it'd be interesting to know more about him, including if his confession to the still unsolved 1902-murder was true.

Comment

Deja vu, Herlock
                        It's Christian Hansen - I mean it mainly as a joke, there's no indication he was in London in 1888. He committed suicide in 1904 but beforehand apparently confessed/bragged to mates about killing a young woman in 1902, slit throat, no abdominal mutilations though.

Not a very good Ripper-suspect really, but he was Danish and it'd be interesting to know more about him, including if his confession to the still unsolved 1902-murder was true.
                        It’s an obvious thing to say but he can’t be dismissed until he can be dismissed. More info might raise a few more eyebrows? What you’re supposed to say though Kattrup is: “no well bred Dane could have comitted these terrible murders.”
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I get a slight suspicion that there might be some new stuff on Druitt in the Barts Health NHS Trust Archives

Comment

It’s an obvious thing to say but he can’t be dismissed until he can be dismissed. More info might raise a few more eyebrows? What you’re supposed to say though Kattrup is: “no well bred Dane could have comitted these terrible murders.”
                            Well, I don't know enough about him to say whether he was well bred or not.

Besides, I hope the murders were committed by a Dane - as a Danish ripperologist, I'd finally have the advantage!

I forgot to mention that Christian Hansen was a cattle driver and one of the earliest theories of the murders (Larkin) was that the Ripper was a cattle driver.

Comment

Well, I don't know enough about him to say whether he was well bred or not.

Besides, I hope the murders were committed by a Dane - as a Danish ripperologist, I'd finally have the advantage!

I forgot to mention that Christian Hansen was a cattle driver and one of the earliest theories of the murders (Larkin) was that the Ripper was a cattle driver.
                              Didnt Larkin name someone? Jose Something? It’s certainly a connection though.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X