X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Originally posted by John G View Post
    By the way, do you think there's any possibility that PC Smith could be the "City PC" referred to in relation to the Kosminski identification (I believe the witness said that he bore a "resemblance" to the man he saw?

Of course Smith wasn't a City PC but, as far as we know, no City constable saw Eddowes in the company of a suspect.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I think the whole mystery is easily explainable in that Anderson and Mcnaughton are describing two completely different events.

McNaughten, who investigates Druit before joining the police is working from memory when he writes his memo in 1894. However he has the file created by Cox on Kozminski so his information on Kozminski is very accurate but only up to the time Kozminski is placed in a Private Asylum in Surrey in March 1889.

So there is a PC witness in Mitre Street

Karsten has posted a umber of press reports of a man and woman seen leaving Aldgate Station shortly before Eddows was murdered and the man returning alone down Mitre Street past Aldgate towards Goulston Street. The whole of that route is in City Police jurisdiction. Then we have the man with the red scarf being arrested the following day.

Mcnaughten: 'There were many circumstances'

I believe Kozminski came to the attention of police early on, but they failed to get a positive ID from Schwartz or Lawende so they had to let him go and have him followed. There was a PC Witness in Mitre Street but he only had a general view of the man and could not be certain, hence why Kozminski was followed by City Police for nearly three months.....IMAGINE THE PAPER WORK AND REPORTS? Where are they? I'd suggest in MacNaughten's bottom draw

Yours Jeff

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    proof

Hello John. Thanks.

Of course, there can be NO proof of an empirical object as they are inductive matters and proofs are deductive.

Cheers.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    arm

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

But if her arm is pulled tight behind her, what about those cachous?

Cheers.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    right

Hello Tom.

"As an exercise, I think we should all consider the Berner Street murder sans Schwartz. Pretend Schwartz never came forward and we don't have his story. We have Brown, Smith, Mortimer, but no Schwartz. And then see what happens."

Bing, bing, bing.

Cheers.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    por que?

Hello (again) Abby.

"But I think PC Smith's suspect WAS BS man, and folks are just off a bit on timings and descriptions."

OK. Why did he leave heading north, then return? And why did Schwartz--in his story--describe no parcel? (Assuming you accept his story.)

Cheers.
    LC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X