John Richardson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I get your point, it's just that if you don't make allowances for the 'unknown' then you will choose to place her death many hours sooner, and end up kicking the problem down the road.
    So now it becomes Phillips's problem.
    Between 1:50 and 5:30 we have to fill in the time with rational conjecture - even if you place her death earlier (4:30), you're left with the same question, and the same need for conjecture.

I agree with you on the need for conjecture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Thanks PI! Take a wooden nickel for debating from the incorrect side!

If you're really interested in debating, then you must realise that it is debatable which side is incorrect.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I would ask for my posts # 6702, # 6707, # 6750 and # 6754 all to be taken into consideration.
        You’re going to have to explain this riddle PI. I’ve just read those 4 posts and I can’t for the life of me see how they are even remotely connected to the point I made
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I refer you to Timothy Donovan's evidence.

He was quite definite that Chapman's bed cost 8d for one night.
          I'm not disputing what he said, all I'm saying is the common price for the single & double.
          I said 4d, it was wrong, but she still wanted the bed for herself - big girl. She wanted a double bed, so she has to pay the 8d.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Thanks PI! Take a wooden nickel for debating from the incorrect side!
            Pff, ..if I had a nickel for every spelling mistake I made......it get's worse as you get older.
            All those red squiggles.....another problem is this forum uses US spelling, so when us Brit's use English spelling
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
              I find Anderson's statement to odd anyway, because even if the killer didn't write the graffito, he did drop a piece of Eddowes' apron on the ground below it. Isn't the apron a clue supplied by the killer?
              The apron piece is evidence, but it's not a clue to the Ripper's identity. The building was searched and the people living there were interviewed by the police, but nothing was found that linked anyone to the crime.

In saying that the Ripper did not leave any clue, it appears Anderson didn't just discount the Goulston Street graffito, he also discounted the Ripper letters. Obviously he's right on this point, since he agrees with me.
              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

You’re going to have to explain this riddle PI. I’ve just read those 4 posts and I can’t for the life of me see how they are even remotely connected to the point I made

I am sure someone can work it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

The apron piece is evidence, but it's not a clue to the Ripper's identity. The building was searched and the people living there were interviewed by the police, but nothing was found that linked anyone to the crime.

In saying that the Ripper did not leave any clue, it appears Anderson didn't just discount the Goulston Street graffito, he also discounted the Ripper letters. Obviously he's right on this point, since he agrees with me.
                  Lucky for him!

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Pff, ..if I had a nickel for every spelling mistake I made......it get's worse as you get older.
                    All those red squiggles.....another problem is this forum uses US spelling, so when us Brit's use English spelling
                    Not to mention your misuse of apostrophes ('get's worse'). You must be a billionaire from those! Occasional is one thing; this is incredible. Nothing to do with education - it's an insult to the English language. A worse massacre than MJK suffered.

And British people rarely use 'Brits' (let alone 'Brit's).

Please stop misusing my country - we've enough problems.
                    Last edited by Paul Sutton; 10-22-2023, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Do you know how many conjectures are necessary for the case being presented to stand up, from secreted potatoes to unusually rapid cooling of the body, unusually early setting in of rigor mortis, the murderer looking for a victim unusually late in the morning, the murderer committing a murder when it was starting to get light, the murderer having some other means of cleaning his hands then the available tap water, the victim choosing to go into the house at such a time as she knew it was more likely that residents of it would be getting up, and the clocks being wrong in just such a way as to reconcile two witnesses' testimony?

Are you for real?!!

You have to conjecture that Richardson was a cretin and told the most pointless ineffective lie ever.

or

You have to conjecture that rather than walk down 2 steps he held onto a door post balancing on the edge of a step before bending double to look under a canopy.

or

You have to conjecture that Richardson was such a colossal jackass that he didn’t know that a door can block a view.

or

You have to conjecture that he could have missed a disembowelled corpse with entrails thrown over the right shoulder and with knees splayed outward in a three foot gap and beneath a door that a dwarf could walk under without ducking, and where her legs would gave protruded for 2 or 3 feet!

or

You have to conjecture that Albert Cadosch either suffered from aural hallucinations or distorted hearing.

or

You have to conjecture that someone was moving around in the yard of number w9 and they just didn’t noticed the bloodbath near the fence.

Or

You have to conjecture that an eyewitness like Long is incapable of being right.

or

You have to conjecture the clocks in Spitalfields were all accurate and synchronised to within 5 minutes.

or

You have to conjecture that you know what Annie Chapman did or didn’t do between leaving the lodging house and being killed.

or

You have to conjecture that the worlds forensic experts simply ‘got it wrong.’

or

You have to conjecture that Mrs Richardson was correct when she said that she recognised Chapman despite saying that she could barely bring herself to look at her face.

or

You have to conjecture that Richardson didn’t tell Chandler that he’d sat on the steps by assuming that Chandler couldn’t have been mistaken or that he couldn’t have misheard him.

or

You have to conjecture that the killer wouldn’t have killed at that time of day.

or

You have to conjecture that Chapman wouldn’t have used number 29.

or

You have to conjecture that the killer would have used to tap if he’d seen it.

or

You have to conjecture that Cadosch could estimate gaps of time accurately.

or

You have to conjecture that because Long’s man ‘might’ have been Jewish that he couldn’t have been the killer because you’ve conjectured that a Jew couldn’t be the ripper.

Far, far more conjecture and hard work has to be done to support an earlier ToD than has to be done to support a later one.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I am sure someone can work it out.
                        Which means that you’ve realised it’s nonsense therefore you won’t explain.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Sutton View Post

Not to mention your misuse of apostrophes ('get's worse'). You must be a billionaire! Occasional is one thing; this is incredible. Nothing to do with education - it's an insult to the English language.

This silliness might make you feel better for 30 minutes, but I'll guarantee you feel better for a lot longer when you drop the aloof attitude and just join in.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Not to mention your misuse of apostrophes ('get's worse'). You must be a billionaire from those! Occasional is one thing; this is incredible. Nothing to do with education - it's an insult to the English language. A worse massacre than MJK suffered.

Nice comparison. You consider a few minor grammatical errors to be more serious that a woman being killed and then butchered?

Its a commonly used phrase.

Please stop misusing my country - we've enough problems.

Wick was born here by the way.

The Americans at heart are a pure and noble people; things to them are black and white. It’s either ‘rawk’ or it’s not. We Brits putter around in the grey area.

David Bowie.

We want a fully comprehensive trade deal that reflects our deep, ongoing relationship, the friendship between our two countries, the fact that the Australians want to come and live in and work in Britain, and Brits want to come and live and work in Australia.

Liz Truss

We Brits are a law abiding folk.

Nick Boles

Americans love our shoes and we Brits love that we can always pick up a bargain.

Lisa Snowdon.

I’m one of those pesky Brits.

Damian Lewis.

We Brits print banknotes out in Debden in Essex,

Evan Davis

I think of myself as a bit of a wimp deep down - a bourgeois wimp - and I’m fighting that. I think all Brits are maybe.

Helen Mirren.

..they think we Brits are smarter than perhaps we are.

Piers Morgan.

I don’t know that the Brits have a monopoly on being organised,

Kenneth Branagh

Londoners, Mancunians, and Brits across the country will never, ever be cowed by terrorism.

Sadiq Khan.

People like Frank Zappa were amazing for us Brits.

Rick Wakeman.

Brits will respond but they are much more cynical.

Bear Grylls.

But I don’t want anyone to say I have the right to say well if you bloody Brits don’t like it go home.

Lynn Redgrave.

Look at the Brits…..no one’s fighting, and it’s boring.

Robbie Williams.

As Brits, we love a do, don’t we?

Joanna Lumley.

If there was a ‘being wrong’ competition on you’d be winning hands down.

I made a typo at the top. ‘That’ instead of ‘than.’ Probably a hanging offence if you came to power?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Nothing to do with education - it's an insult to the English language. A worse massacre than MJK suffered.
                              Cut the **** or you'll be put in the corner.

JM

Comment

• This thread has been reopened.
                                I know I sound like a broken record but I’m getting the feeling that a lot of you are hard of hearing.
                                If you believe a member is hijacking and diverting a thread or engaging in personal attacks- report it.
                                Simply complaining on the boards about the offending member isn’t good enough, and could land you both in hot water.

Thanks

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X