John Richardson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Ahhh, sorry. Go to your User Profile, click Edit Settings, click Account at the top then scroll down to Edit My Signature.
    Thank you kind sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Macdonald Triad View Post

Thank you kind sir.
      No problem. It’s a rare occasion when I can give tech advice and if it actually works it’s close to a miracle.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

That interview by Lloyd's Weekly Newspaper, published 16 Sept, was with both Amelia and John Richardson. Amelia said that "Dark Annie" visited regularly and that she had bought needlecraft from her on several occasions, and her neighbours had done the same. John Richardson said that, despite his mother's protests to the contrary, the premises and yard had been used for prostitution for years, with "Dark Annie" being a frequent visitor.

29 Hanbury St is associated with two potential suspects. John Richardson and James Hardiman, the son of Harriett Hardiman, the proprietor of the cat's meat shop at the front of the building.

Cheers, George
        If memory serves correctly wasn't Hardiman advanced as a suspect in a two man Ripper team with the other half being the night watchman from Kearley and Tonge warehouse? On a different note, with photos and phones being rare in that day and mugshot books and walkie talkies non existent, can you imagine how hard it was to go off a description? A cop could actually be talking to JTR while a random witness we haven't heard about is giving a description to another cop a mile away while swearing they could identify him if confronted.

Comment

No problem. It’s a rare occasion when I can give tech advice and if it actually works it’s close to a miracle.
          The feature has been disabled so at least I don't feel completely dumb for not finding it lol.

Comment

If memory serves correctly wasn't Hardiman advanced as a suspect in a two man Ripper team with the other half being the night watchman from Kearley and Tonge warehouse?
            That was the opinion of Rob Hills in his dissertation "Cat's Cradle" here:
            https://www.casebook.org/dissertatio...ts-cradle.html

George Morris, the night watchman at Mitre Square, was an interesting character. He was related to Tabram and it has been suggested that he had an affair with Stride when he was still in the police force.

Cheers, George
            They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
            Out of a misty dream
            Our path emerges for a while, then closes
            Within a dream.
            Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Something to consider. The bottom edge of the door was not flush to the ground but three steps high. Or two feet approximately. Even if Richardson opened the door at least 45 degrees and it stayed butted up against his left side I don't think he'd even get the chance to turn right as that two foot drop would diminish any defilade considerably.
              But if he only stood on the step with the door being propped open with his body and he looked to the right he could not have seen the body

Comment

The feature has been disabled so at least I don't feel completely dumb for not finding it lol.
                I just tried it and it's working fine. Herlock's instructions are fine too. Where did you strike a problem?

Cheers, George
                They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                Out of a misty dream
                Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                Within a dream.
                Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

But if he only stood on the step with the door being propped open with his body and he looked to the right he could not have seen the body

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  But he said that he couldn’t have missed a body had it been there. And that’s the point. He had no reason to lie, it was the dumbest lie if he had lied, he wasn’t blind and he saw the corpse in situ and he wasn’t an idiot. Therefore he was telling the truth and the body wasn’t there. It’s straightforward.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                    Agreed, it's assumed that he would lazily use his body to prop the door open leaving no gaps when he very easily could have used his left hand and pushed it wide open. Same with sitting down, he would probably use his left elbow to prop the door open farther because he needed both hands for his "boot."

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

I just tried it and it's working fine. Herlock's instructions are fine too. Where did you strike a problem?

Cheers, George
                      It's not an option where it should be. Can you change yours? If not then it's definitely disabled. I hope I'm just overlooking it.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (20).png
Views:	158
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	790365

Comment

• I’ve just altered my signature as you can see.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’ve just altered my signature as you can see.
                          Got it, thanks. It was disabled and someone must have reenabled it because now it's in red underneath "show signatures" and "show avatars." It's a mystery...

Comment

Got it, thanks. It was disabled and someone must have reenabled it because now it's in red underneath "show signatures" and "show avatars." It's a mystery...
                            hey mac
                            great sig quote, but im curious, why a sketch of john richardson for your avatar?
                            i think its cool, just wondering why you picked that?
                            amd whats the meaning/significance of the macdonald triad for your screen name
                            Last edited by Abby Normal; 07-24-2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Backyard29HanburyStreet.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	790371Found this illustration online by Alan Clark 2017 and while Chapman and the girl is a bit silly it's the closest to accurate representation of the height of the canopy. Compare it to the original I posted earlier. No way Richardson can see anything from the top step unless he's a circus acrobat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hey mac
                                great sig quote, but im curious, why a sketch of john richardson for your avatar?
                                i think its cool, just wondering why you picked that?
                                He's my suspect of the week Abby, lol. I do like Hutchinson as well. It's all so maddening!

Comment

Working...
                                X