Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mackenzie was indeed a Ripper victim, which named Ripper suspects are eliminated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
    If Cohen or Kaminski had been mentioned in them, Macnaghten, Anderson or Swanson would have known about them.
    You're piling assumption on top of assumption. Macnaghten mentioned three suspects. That does not mean they were the only suspects he knew about. Swanson agreed that Kosminski was one of Macnaghten's suspects - he never said that Kosminski was the Ripper or mentioned who he thought were the most likely suspects. Anderson didn't name his suspect and Kosmisnki was not the only Polish Jew to be a suspect.

​Macnaghten apparently knew of only one Jewish 'suspect' and it seems that only one interested Anderson and Swanson, and Swanson recorded that the one that interested Anderson was the same as the one that interested him: Kosminski.
    Macnaghten named two Jewish suspects - Kosminski and Ostrog. Unless he was deaf and blind, he also knew about Pizer as a suspect.
    Last edited by Fiver; 05-28-2023, 11:59 PM.
    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Macnaghten named two Jewish suspects - Kosminski and Ostrog. Unless he was deaf and blind, he also knew about Pizer as a suspect.
      But MM is unreliable Ostrog could not have been a viable suspect because he was in prison in France at the time of the murders and MM should have known that before he penned his memo

Pizer has already been cleared by the time MM took up office

So MM`s memo is as about as reliable as the marginalia and the Ramblings of Anderson

Comment

Read period press accounts. A lot of people thought Nichols was the second, or even third murder in a series.

I was aware of that, but it is irrelevant.

My point was that the murder of Eddowes had not yet occurred.

Comment

It is true that Ostrog was sometimes reported to have been Jewish and may have been Jewish, but unlike Kosminski, we do not know for certain that he was.

I am waiting for Wickerman to point out that what you claim is not a certainty or Elamarna to object that you know something which is not an established fact.

I am surprised you should have mentioned Piser.

He had been eliminated as a suspect and it would therefore have been improper for Macnaghten to have mentioned him.

Why do you?

Comment

You're piling assumption on top of assumption. Macnaghten mentioned three suspects. That does not mean they were the only suspects he knew about. Swanson agreed that Kosminski was one of Macnaghten's suspects - he never said that Kosminski was the Ripper or mentioned who he thought were the most likely suspects. Anderson didn't name his suspect and Kosmisnki was not the only Polish Jew to be a suspect.

I am not piling assumption on top of assumption.

There is no mention of Cohen or Kaminski in the police files.

Nor are they mentioned by Macnaghten, Anderson or Swanson.

Macnaghten could not think of a better Jewish suspect than Kosminski, who he said he was inclined to exonerate and was not even a real suspect.

That means he could hardly have considered Cohen or Kaminski, who were certainly Jewish, to have been suspects.

Swanson implied that Kosminski was the Whitechapel Murderer and referred to him as the murderer.

The only Polish Jewish 'suspect' mentioned by Macnaghten and Swanson is Kosminski.

Like theirs, Anderson's suspect is a Polish Jew who was incarcerated in an asylum.

Swanson made it clear that Anderson's suspect was Kosminski.

It is a reasonable deduction that Anderson's suspect was Kosminski.

I cannot think of a single valid point in your # 31.

I am waiting to see your evidence that there were other Polish Jewish suspects than Kosminski.
            Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 05-29-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I am not piling assumption on top of assumption.

There is no mention of Cohen or Kaminski in the police files.

Nor are they mentioned by Macnaghten, Anderson or Swanson.

Macnaghten could not think of a better Jewish suspect than Kosminski, who he said he was inclined to exonerate and was not even a real suspect.

That means he could hardly have considered Cohen or Kaminski, who were certainly Jewish, to have been suspects.

Swanson implied that Kosminski was the Whitechapel Murderer and referred to him as the murderer.

The only Polish Jewish 'suspect' mentioned by Macnaghten and Swanson is Kosminski.

Like theirs, Anderson's suspect is a Polish Jew who was incarcerated in an asylum.

Swanson made it clear that Anderson's suspect was Kosminski.

It is a reasonable deduction that Anderson's suspect was Kosminski.

I cannot think of a single valid point in your # 31.

I am waiting to see your evidence that there were other Polish Jewish suspects than Kosminski.
              When it comes to categorising suspects researchers have always struggled to differentiate between a person of interest. a likely suspect, and a prime suspect

Comment

Alice was a JTR victim and the M/O used here is closer to a JTR killing than Stride was.

Alice was murdered between 12.40am - 12.45am and was likely disturbed by the sound of Andrews approaching.

Or the rain that started at 12.45am caused the killer to leave.

I think that one of the main reasons why ALice is often disregarded is because it breaks the illusion that the culmination of his crimes ended with MJK.

However, in reality, MJK was unlikely to have made him stop...but take a low profile for a while before resuming his spree and fulling his need to kill.

Alice is not a popular choice of JTR victim because it discounts some house favourites and thus it would mean a lot of amazing minds over the years having to come to accept they were on the wrong track with certain suspects.

If it hadn't started raining and/or Andrews hadn't disturbed him, then Alice would have suffered greater physical damage.

The relatively superficial ziz zag cut running vertically down to the naval was part of JTR signature and a way of leaving his mark on her body.

What i find interesting is that Alice was another murder seemingly committed within a 5 to 10 minute time frame between Police beats. It's almost as though the killer knew the routines of the Police and planned his attacks between the gaps.

Nichols and McKenzie bear some striking similarities
                "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

John Pizer aka Leather Apron.

David Cohen.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
                    Alice is not a popular choice of JTR victim because it discounts some house favourites and thus it would mean a lot of amazing minds over the years having to come to accept they were on the wrong track with certain suspects.
                    That is one reason some people reject Mackenzie as a Ripper victim. But there are other reasons.

* There is far less mutilation.
                    * There is a much larger gap between murders.

These could be explained by the Ripper being ill. Or that the thrill was gone. Or that Mackenzie's killer was not the Ripper.

Comment

Working...
                    X