How long was the killer in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long was the killer in the room?

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea how long MJK's murderer was in her room. Do you think he just "went to work" or was there maybe some small talk first? Anyone think it possible he may have had sex with her before he took her apart, or possibly had his way with her after he was done the mutilations? Also, it's occured to me that doing all that stuff to her body might probably tire him out afterwards. Does anyone think he possible he may have spent the night there and then left the room early in the morning before her body was discovered?
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

I posted this on the old boards. It's an attempt to quantify the minimum time I think reasonable for the infliction of the wounds, with a fair bit of "slack" built in. I don't think it's too wide of the mark:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kelly wound timeline.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	658358

One could allow perhaps another 10 minutes over and above that, I suppose, to cater for unknowable eventualities and "cleaning-up" activities prior to the killer's departure.

In total, I don't see him having as having to have spent much more than half an hour in there, and quite possibly less.
    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I would imagine that he was the same height inside the room as he was outside it.

Seriously, I think he would have taken his time - no more peering this way and that for danger, no more incontinent fellows visiting WCs....

Comment

Wow!

Thats a very detailed breakdown! I think the Ripper would have taken his time to enjoy the experience given the secluded nature of the room.
        If we are to believe Hutchinson saw the killer go in to Kelly's room with her I believe he says that he waited for 45mins in the court after they went in. So if he is correct then he was in there for atleast 45mins.
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

It's not as if there was a time and motion man standing over him with a stopwatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            It's not as if there was a time and motion man standing over him with a stopwatch.
            Careful, people may take this as a new theory!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              I posted this on the old boards. It's an attempt to quantify the minimum time I think reasonable for the infliction of the wounds, with a fair bit of "slack" built in. I don't think it's too wide of the mark:

[ATTACH]7679[/ATTACH]

One could allow perhaps another 10 minutes over and above that, I suppose, to cater for unknowable eventualities and "cleaning-up" activities prior to the killer's departure.

In total, I don't see him having as having to have spent much more than half an hour in there, and quite possibly less.

An awesome attachment, Sam. I never realized it could be that quick to do all that stuff
              Last edited by JTRSickert; 01-08-2010, 10:01 PM.
              I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                Thats a very detailed breakdown! I think the Ripper would have taken his time to enjoy the experience given the secluded nature of the room.
                If we are to believe Hutchinson saw the killer go in to Kelly's room with her I believe he says that he waited for 45mins in the court after they went in. So if he is correct then he was in there for atleast 45mins.
                I agree Kat. Not to be too gruesome or anything, but you have to think of it in terms of sex. Now, assuming that the Ripper was doing what he was doing in order to achieve a sexual climax or gratification, it is my opinion he wouldn't have rushed. He would want to make the experience last. I mean, what man doesn't want sex to last?

That is, unless, he was a bit, shall we say, "pre-mature." Probably a bad joke, but hey, anything is possible.

Comment

[QUOTE=JTRSickert;115843] I mean, what man doesn't want sex to last?QUOTE]

Errrrr, my ex boyfriend doesn't want me to answer that question!!

Comment

LOL he may want to re-think his sexual orientation then.

but anyway, let's stay on-topic. This stuff is funny, but let's not make this silly.

Comment

Right serious face on!

I think that the damage done to Kelly clearly shows that he spent time with her. The excellent breakdown shows that we are looking at say 30mins in if is all done bit by bit.
                      The question is; does he attack in a rushed frenzy?
                      Lets say Jack loses himself in the killing, cutting and ripping until he is finished then leaves, and I think he would leave quickly. This may mean that if Hutchinson had waited just a few more minutes he would have seen the Ripper leave.
                      This doesn't fit with the cry of 'murder' though unless he spent time with Kelly before killing him, or the man Hutch saw wasn't the Ripper.
                      On the other hand lets say Jack dispatches of Kelly quickly by means of either pressure on the throat or by slitting it and then spends time cutting as he likes. He may have taken his time being lead slowly by impulss. 'what will it look like if I cut this but, how will I feel if I cut that bit'. In this case I feel he would wait and leave when he felt that the work was complete.

Comment

I tend to think that Hutch saw a man, but not the Ripper. The Ripper arrived later. He killed Kelly in a bungled manner - blood spurted up the wall - and then after maybe a bit of frenzied slashing, he settled down to take out and examine every organ, turning it over in his hands and then laying it down on the bed - almost as if he meant to reassemble her afterwards. I don't think sex was involved. More a question of morbid curiosity.

Comment

I would imagine that he was the same height inside the room as he was outside it.

Seriously, I think he would have taken his time - no more peering this way and that for danger, no more incontinent fellows visiting WCs....
                          Double dose of Robert!

At 5:45, Mrs Cox heard footsteps leaving the court. Was it the killer ?
                          If not, that would mean he already had left. Waiting too long would have been risky.

Amitiés,
                          David

Comment

I think he would have taken his time
                            A glutton confronted by his ultimate meal wolfs it down all the quicker, Robert. Speaking as one myself, I'll always get through a plate of steak and chips much faster, pro rata, than I will a quiche and salad.
                            Originally posted by JTRSickert
                            Now, assuming that the Ripper was doing what he was doing in order to achieve a sexual climax or gratification, it is my opinion he wouldn't have rushed. He would want to make the experience last.
                            A wanker confronted by his ultimate fantasy will whizz away all the quicker. Speaking as one myself...
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                              Waiting too long would have been risky.
                              Why would it have been too risky?? He had no reason to think anyone was going to come in. And we have to think about the issue of the door there.....

I wonder with Kelly if she was chosen in a way that the others weren't. I don't mean in a Royal Conspiricy kind of way but just that he maybe watched her more and chose her due to her having a room.

Comment

Working...
                              X