How Many Victims Were There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the opinions guys.

It was interesting for me to see the wide range of views from 18 posters which gives the lie to the suggestion that those interested in the case are just blindly adhering to some orthodoxy. We go from as low as 2 or 3 victims (from 2 posters) right up to 10 (from 2 or possibly 3 posters) 6 posters went for the c5 but others used percentages for all victims. Only 1 poster appeared certain about Tabram but at least 3 had her as possible/probable. 1 for Mackenzie but 3 possibles. 2 posters attribute the Torso’s to JTR.

Certainly a mixed bag.

A question - is there any way of doing a real poll on all of the potential victims where I could list all of the possibles and get posters to tick any that they agreed with. I don’t want to end up with each as a percentage of the whole though (ie that the total votes add up to 100) I want a poll that tells us - what percentage favour Tabram - what percentage favour Nichols etc.

Is there anyway of achieving this without beginning a new thread on each victim?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      A question - is there any way of doing a real poll on all of the potential victims where I could list all of the possibles and get posters to tick any that they agreed with. I don’t want to end up with each as a percentage of the whole though (ie that the total votes add up to 100) I want a poll that tells us - what percentage favour Tabram - what percentage favour Nichols etc.
      As you can see, I'm fairly liberal with my estimate but left out Tabram. I've never been convinced. She's the one murder that I can see as an occupational hazard. I don't see the killer going from frenzied stabbing at the upper body to methodical abdominal slicing in a few weeks. Martha probably pissed off the wrong punter.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

As you can see, I'm fairly liberal with my estimate but left out Tabram. I've never been convinced. She's the one murder that I can see as an occupational hazard. I don't see the killer going from frenzied stabbing at the upper body to methodical abdominal slicing in a few weeks. Martha probably pissed off the wrong punter.
        I tend to agree with that one Harry. I’ve always suspected a drunken rage.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

hi harry
          perhaps-but I don't think so. the usual pissed off punter would have beaten her up at most maybe cut her once or twice. this is way post mortem overkill.

and we have to remember that martha was stabbed, but Nichols had stab wounds too. I see a natural progression.

millwood-stabbed lower parts
          Tabram-stabbed-lower parts neck targeted
          Nichols-stabbed lower parts-neck sliced-abdomen gashed

and if you don't see her as a precurser-whats the alternative? That with Nichols the rippers MO springs fully formed? I would posit millwood and tabram was his "learning" phase.

and, as you mentioned on the other thread re McKenzie-Tabram had her skirts raised also like most of the rest, showing the target of the rippers desire-privates/lower abdomen. the skirt raised is actually kind of the clincher for both Tabram and McKenzie for me.

Comment

Comment

Is there anyway of achieving this without beginning a new thread on each victim?

Just list them in sequence with options of yes,undecided and no.

C5 will stand out,with Stride in the middle.

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Just list them in sequence with options of yes,undecided and no.

C5 will stand out,with Stride in the middle.
                Probably the best, and maybe the only option Dave
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Ok.

Ill list the potential victims. If posters put yes, no, or maybe next to them we’ll be able to get figures. For convenience I’ll include the torso’s as a series with one vote.

Annie Millwood
                  Ada Wilson
                  Emma Smith
                  Martha Tabram
                  Mary Nichols
                  Annie Chapman
                  Elizabeth Stride
                  Catherine Eddowes
                  Mary Kelly
                  Alice Mackenzie
                  Frances Coles
                  Torso’s

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                    hi Jerry!
                    Very interesting find! Where is this from and is there any corroborating evidence for this apparent murder?

Comment

Ok.

Ill list the potential victims. If posters put yes, no, or maybe next to them we’ll be able to get figures. For convenience I’ll include the torso’s as a series with one vote.

Annie Millwood: No
                      Ada Wilson: Maybe but unlikely
                      Emma Smith: Maybe
                      Martha Tabram: Maybe
                      Mary Nichols: Yes
                      Annie Chapman: Yes
                      Elizabeth Stride: Maybe
                      Catherine Eddowes: Yes
                      Mary Kelly: Yes, but with caveats.
                      Alice Mackenzie: Maybe
                      Frances Coles: No
                      Torso’s: Definitely No!
                      See my reply above.

Comment

I'd split the torsos.

Whitehall is my only maybea.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi Jerry!
                          Very interesting find! Where is this from and is there any corroborating evidence for this apparent murder?
                          Hi Abby. It was from a US source. At the time I found this, I remember reading another account of a woman leaving a tavern near Mitre Square near the same time frame and was murdered under similar circumstances. For the life of me, I can't find it now.

I posted this clip on JTRforums years ago and some thought it may have been the source for the Fairy Fay story.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post

See my reply above.
                            Premature Jack calculation

Try saying that really fast a few times
                            Last edited by DJA; 08-02-2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                              I'd split the torsos.

Whitehall is my only maybea.
                              Hi Dave,

As you know, the doctors indicated four of the torsos seem to have been dissected by the same hand, which included the Whitehall victim. If Whitehall is a maybe for you, wouldn't the other 3 be a maybe as well?
                              Last edited by jerryd; 08-02-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Not really.

Whitehall barely rates a maybe due to locality.

Doctors not reliable.

Comment

Working...
                                X