Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide in a cupboard?

Comment

• If that's the case we must assume that the lusk letter is genuine would a hoaxer go to such lengths such as sending a human organ (which must have been hard also expensive to find) when a good old fashioned threatening letter would do
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Oh a forgot to mention if he was really scared he would do what all good self respecting cowards do and run away and leave vigilanty committee leaderless
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Hullo pinkmoon.

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
          If that's the case we must assume that the lusk letter is genuine would a hoaxer go to such lengths such as sending a human organ (which must have been hard also expensive to find) when a good old fashioned threatening letter would do
          It might depend upon who the hoaxer you are dealing with was.
          Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• irrelevant

Hello Jason. Thanks.

Actually, a medical student should be able to get one from a cadaver. And its presence could lend force to the argument.

But I don't consider either the letter or kidney especially relevant.

And they are possibly off topic. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• It can be a bit easy to wonder of topic I do apologise lynn my dear

Comment

• I have an hypothesis.

In Dew's memoirs, he talks about the fact that Berner St recently had some sort of gentrification, that the street was pretty bad before, possibly with poverty, criminal elements and sollicitation.

I wonder if the man who threw Stride on the ground wasn't trying to get her to move to someplace else, to another street corner. He was angry about it, and shouted to the people watching him an anti semitic slur. (to either pipe smoking man or Schwartz).

So, no, he is not Stride's murderer. I still consider her a JtR's victim.

it's only an hypothesis.
                Last edited by SirJohnFalstaff; 10-01-2014, 03:44 PM.
                Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  Hi Lynn.

Hard to say isn't it.
                  Picture her not being thrown down fully on her right side but down on her thigh, supporting herself with both hands, only her right thigh makes contact with the ground.

This is rough but shows my concept. Mud only on her thigh and down.

Oops, way too big, sorry.
                  Notice that her hands are outstretched to break her fall and that she probably and most naturally put her weight on her hands to push her self back up. The cachous (which were only wrapped in tissue paper) would have had to survive both actions without being scattered. Additionally, if she attempted to fight off the B.S. man as he was subsequently dragging her, the cachous had to withstand that as well. My conclusion is that she took them out later after the B.S. man left and she felt safe.

c.d.

Comment

• Maybe the cachous (and the tissue paper) were being kept temporarily in Liz's pocket. Pockets in those days were pouchlike (so wouldn't spill) and were often kept inside the skirts.

Didn't attendants at teaching hospitals prepare cadavers in pathology departments of teaching hospitals? They would have a knowledge of anatomy and knives. These attendants may have had access to organs like kidneys etc.

Comment

• "Maybe the cachous (and the tissue paper) were being kept temporarily in Liz's pocket. Pockets in those days were pouchlike (so wouldn't spill) and were often kept inside the skirts."

Hello Rosella,

That certainly does seem likely. So the million dollar question becomes when did she take them out and tuck them into her sleeve? It would seem that this would have had to have been after the B.S. man departed.

c.d.

P.S. Thanks to Wickerman for taking the time to put together the drawing.

Comment

• i wonder if lusk's vigilance committee clashed with any local gangs or criminals who were out making the streets unsafe. perhaps lusk was making them angry and got the letter & kindey to scare him

Comment

• precisely

Hello CD.

"The cachous (which were only wrapped in tissue paper) would have had to survive both actions without being scattered. Additionally, if she attempted to fight off the B.S. man as he was subsequently dragging her, the cachous had to withstand that as well. My conclusion is that she took them out later after the B.S. man left and she felt safe."

Precisely. But if they met at 12.45, and the conversation and shoving match (as well as recover) and his departure took 5 minutes, then we are really pushing the time window.

For the assailant had to find Liz, calm her, find a pretext to get her up the passageway, be positioned behind her, etc.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• diversion

Hello (again) CD.

"So the million dollar question becomes when did she take them out and tuck them into her sleeve? It would seem that this would have had to have been after the B.S. man departed."

It is indeed. And, actually, your theory would work much better if you were to regard Schwartz's story as a mere diversion.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Was Pipeman identified and looked into as a suspect but let go?

Comment

• I believe the antisemitic GSG to be JtRs rant at Schwartz for disturbing him with Stride.

If this is true its completely rules out Jews and makes JtR a cockney speaking antisemite.
                                Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X