X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter
    replied
    Lizzie!

If my memory serves me right, I believe "Fisherman" wrote a dissertation some time ago on this subject as well; giving the view that "Lizzie" was what BS man had yelled. I don't have the link, but it can be found on the dissertation page on this site.

Leave a comment:

• Suzi
    replied
    Nice one Rob-
    "Lizzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!" is slightly amusing I suppose- but if Kidney was about to do for said Lizzie (Long or not!) would he have announced it! ... I think not!!!!- Exactly- Lipski is the most likely- and that's before we get to Pipeman etc etc

Suz xxx

Leave a comment:

• Maggyann
    replied
    Thank you for that. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• RJM
    replied
    Hi Maggyann,

Even if the assailant yelled 'Lizzie,' it only shows a familiarity with the victim. It doesn't necessarily point to Michael Kidney.

I wrote an article for Ripperologist magazine in 2003 that is here on the Casebook. I briefly covered the possibility that 'Lizzie' was shouted. I was not the first to suggest this possible scenario either.

Elizabeth Stride was known to many as 'Long Liz'. Schwartz was insistent, when questioned by Abberline, that he did not know who was being spoken to. If Stride's attacker was not speaking to either Schwartz or the man with the pipe then he could have been speaking to the victim, calling out 'Lizzie', instead of 'Lipski'. If that were the case, then it suggests a familiarity between Stride and her assailant. It could have been a regular client, or even her lover, Michael Kidney. (Ripperologist 45, March 2003)
    http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-lipski.html

Cheers,

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Maggyann
    started a topic Lipski

Lipski

Has anyone ever wondered whether the call of 'Lipski' mentioned by witness could actually have been 'Lizzie'.
    I am just pondering this as it would help make the murder of Liz more of a 'domestic' IMO.
Working...
X