No announcement yet.

Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, just to please you Corey I voted yes...oh and because I think that it more than likely that Liz was killed by our man, and for the usual reasons.
    protohistorian-Where would we be without Stewart Evans or Paul Begg,Kieth Skinner, Martin Fido,or Donald Rumbelow?

Sox-Knee deep in Princes & Painters with Fenian ties who did not mutilate the women at the scene, but waited with baited breath outside the mortuary to carry out their evil plots before rushing home for tea with the wife...who would later poison them of course

Comment

• there is no evidence that stride was unconcious as her throat was cut.
      I personally believe jack tried a new style of killing, a 'blizt' style grabbed her by the scarf,pulling her into the yard(which accounts for her scarf being tight) then cuts her throat and runs after being almost discovered by diemsutz
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• wisdom

Hello Joel.

"[N]o because I don[']t believe that any of the victims were killed by the same person(s)."

You're a wise man. But I hope you can learn to dodge missiles.

The best.
        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
          joel

I have to say In my time with ripperology that is the most ludacris idea I have ever come upon.
          almost as ludicrous as jack running around with ocd... unless he was washing his hands in that trough over and over and over....
          if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

• Not quite as ludacris, as a matter of fact I dont believe he has OCD but posseses some traits. Your and Lynns theorys are really quite bizzar.

Though Interesting enough
            Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
              I vote "yes" for the traditional reasons. I think JTR intended to do all the usual mutilations, but he was interrupted.
              "Tradition" is not a very good reason, Chad. Go back and vote again! Oh, you can't...
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Hi Sam,

tradition tells us it was Jack.
                Modern research never found a better suspect.

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

• wounds

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                  there is no evidence that stride was unconcious as her throat was cut.
                  I personally believe jack tried a new style of killing, a 'blizt' style grabbed her by the scarf,pulling her into the yard(which accounts for her scarf being tight) then cuts her throat and runs after being almost discovered by diemsutz
                  I have to wonder, Corey, about that scenario. Not that I am arguing with you. I agree with you on so much so far. I just have some questions.

It is rational that he dragged her into the courtyard by her scarf. Whatever happened, occurred swiftly. She still had the sweets in her fingers.

I would think, though, that anyone would struggle with their attacker if they were conscious. She would have put up a fight. Were there defensive wounds on her hands or arms? I do know she was heard to scream a bit, but not loudly.

The obvious thing is that he wasn't done. That, in a nutshell, may well be the answer to the departure from the pattern.

Comment

• obvious

Hello Chadwick.

"The obvious thing is that he wasn't done."

Why is it obvious?

The best.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      "Tradition" is not a very good reason, Chad. Go back and vote again! Oh, you can't...
                      Thanks Sam Keep reading...

~Chadwick

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Chadwick.

"The obvious thing is that he wasn't done."

Why is it obvious?

The best.
                        LC
                        Testing my metal as a "noobie"? Appreciate the question, Lynn.

I suppose, if you are convinced that Liz was a random murder, a tryst gone wrong, this would be "done".

None of us were there. Those who were closer to the time and present at the scene seemed to think it was the act of the Ripper. It is speculated (and that is all we do on these pages) that the Ripper then went on to kill Catherine Eddowes.

I happen to agree with the standard belief that she was one of Ripper's victims. A woman testified that she was standing on her porch only feet from where the murder took place and she had no idea it happened. Indeed, there were several people who were standing nearby and yet he was able to kill her. The arrival of the fellow with the trap, which would have come right upon the scene of his actions, was the only thing that seems to have dissuaded him from continuing.

The interesting aspect to this site is that not everyone comes to the same conclusions and all bring a bit or an abundance to the table.

I am here to learn from all of you. I don't bring much but an open and a very inquisitive mind.

Best to you, Lynn.

~Chadwick
                        Last edited by Chadwick; 12-29-2009, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                          Hi Sam,

tradition tells us it was Jack.
                          Modern research never found a better suspect.
                          Modern research hasn't even found Jack... nor the perpetrators of the other Whitechapel Murders (and other unsolved homicides) who also dispatched their victims with a half-cut throat.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Modern research hasn't even found Jack... nor the perpetrators of the other Whitechapel Murders (and other unsolved homicides) who also dispatched their victims with a half-cut throat.
                            Agreed.
                            Although (stronger) evidences against Kidney (or anyone else) would have been welcome by some.

Amitiés,
                            David

Comment

• beware

Hello Chadwick. I thank you.

"It is speculated (and that is all we do on these pages) that the Ripper then went on to kill Catherine Eddowes."

I completely agree. But I'm not sure that speculation is the same as the obvious.

You are quite right about the different opinions--and I'd have it no other way. And I'm delighted you are wishing to learn. Of course, there are a few characters, like me and Mike (PerryMason), of whom you must be careful. Like Socrates of old, we tend to corrupt the morals of the young. (snicker!)

The best.
                              LC

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                                Agreed.
                                Although (stronger) evidences against Kidney (or anyone else) would have been welcome by some.
                                Indeed, but - unlike Kate Eddowes - for every Kidney there was at least another like him in Whitechapel. Some suspect Kidney for Stride's murder, some suspect Sadler for Frances Coles'... if they didn't do it, somebody like them could have. It was a tough neighbourhood, so one doesn't have to posit "Jack the Ripper" for every murder or manslaughter that occurred.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X