Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
    Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply. Much appreciated!

Carol

P.S. The earliest reference to sold sanitary towels I have been able to find is in my bound copy of Home Chat for Jan-April 1896. They were advertised as 'Invaluable for Ladies Travelling and Home use. Supplied at the actual cost of washing. Hartmann's Hygienic Towelettes.' They were sold in three sizes (no measurements given) but cost 1s.0d. per dozen, 1s.4d. per dozen and 2s.0d. per dozen. You could also get the smallest size at 6d. per half dozen. The firm also advertised a 'special make for accouchement' at 2s.0d. per dozen. The firm was called 'The Sanitary Wood Wool Co. Ltd., Thavies Inn, London'.
    Believe it or not Carol, there is a thread about sanitary towels here on Casebook somewhere.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
      Hi Carol,

Good point, it was more my little joke than anything else. Blame it on the British sense of humour, which Mike clearly has a problem with.

But it seems that this very woman was desperate enough to go with a stranger into the darkness of Mitre Square, albeit for a bit more than a quick wipe after a very private function.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Hi Caz,

I've been an expat for too long, haven't I?

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Believe it or not Carol, there is a thread about sanitary towels here on Casebook somewhere.

Monty
        Hi Monty,

I believe everything you say! Sounds interesting - will try and find it tomorrow. Sanitary towels are fascinating, don't you think?

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
          Hi Carol,

Good point, it was more my little joke than anything else. Blame it on the British sense of humour, which Mike clearly has a problem with.

But it seems that this very woman was desperate enough to go with a stranger into the darkness of Mitre Square, albeit for a bit more than a quick wipe after a very private function.

Love,

Caz
          X
          I assure you that my lack of enthusiasm for your humor had nothing to do with your National delivery Caz.

Oh, and the removal of "definitely" was an oversight when I edited in "most probably".

On this thread issue though, I believe the apron section recovered near the entrance to the Model Homes had on it part of the string that is used to fasten it to the wearer.

Why would Kate herself cut off the ability to re-secure the apron on herself?

Best regards,

Mike R
          Michael Richards

Comment

• On this thread issue though, I believe the apron section recovered near the entrance to the Model Homes had on it part of the string that is used to fasten it to the wearer.

Why would Kate herself cut off the ability to re-secure the apron on herself?
            And then wander round clutching the severed remnants...precisely Mike...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X