Who cut Eddowes Apron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supe
    Examined from as objective a point of view as we might muster today, it would seem logical that, having just come from Mitre Square and seen the devestration wrought upon Kate Eddowes, that he would be at his most suspicious during the ensuing 20 minutes or so. Yet, he seems to have been quite satisfied with the account the two provided of themselves.
    You mean like private investigators' cards? Vigilance committee patrolmen? That would likely do the trick.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

Sorry, I did not mean your prime suspect, but most likely just working men. As I said, if you want to believe . . . you will believe darn near anything.

Don.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

The Vote

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
        I will stick to my beleifs and continue to present the full facts in unbiased fashion. Time will tell as to which way the public vote.
        Indeed, Trevor, and at the moment it's 24 votes to 0 against Kate Eddowes being the person who deposited the apron piece. That doesn't prove that she didn't do it of course, but does mean that, to date in this poll, nobody believes that she did.

Regards, Bridewell.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi Don. Even if Le Grand were the Ripper, I have no idea if he worked with an accomplice or not. Having said that, regardless of who the Ripper was, he quite possibly did work with an accomplice. Criminal accomplices were far, far more common in those times than they are today.

In any event, my point still stands, does it not? The WVC had men patrol in twos and once accounted for, would be let on their way by a constable.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

The question remains: Did Halse accost two men separately or in tandem?

Don.
            "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Or the same man after a costume change? Hmmm?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                Indeed, Trevor, and at the moment it's 24 votes to 0 against Kate Eddowes being the person who deposited the apron piece. That doesn't prove that she didn't do it of course, but does mean that, to date in this poll, nobody believes that she did.

Regards, Bridewell.
                25 now.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Ally,

Judging by the short distance of Wentworth St from Middlesex St to Goulston St then I'd say the men were together at least in distance to each other.

As for them being WVC patrolmen, these patrols were organised and logged in a register, akin to the police beats. It would have been easily verified and, I suspect, noted at inquest or in a report. To me its unlikely they were WVC patrolmen. I agree with Don here.

Monty....who'd sooner stick with outdated facts and good common sense than flights of fantasy bordering on the comical.
                  Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
                    As for them being WVC patrolmen, these patrols were organised and logged in a register, akin to the police beats.
                    Hi Monty. Are you sure the logging and organization didn't occur after the double event?

And I was being silly about the one man and a costume. No flights of fantasy (isn't the term 'fancy?) here.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Distance, possibly, but nothing as to indicate time or togetherness. For example, there's nothing in the written record as far as you were aware that would preclude the following scenario -- Halse turns on Wentworth, sees Man 1, stops him and is speaking to him, as he is finishing and continuing down the street man 2 approaches and he then in turn stops him and speaks to him.

According to official reports, there is nothing that directly ties the two as a pair?
                      Last edited by Ally; 07-16-2012, 11:48 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        Hi Monty. Are you sure the logging and organization didn't occur after the double event?

And I was being silly about the one man and a costume. No flights of fantasy (isn't the term 'fancy?) here.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        It was a play on the phrase Tom, and it was directed at those who label me as holding 'outdated ideas', not you.

I think there's news reports of the organising of the patrols after Chapman. I will see if I can't locate them after I've slept.

Ally,

Nothing to state they were together for sure no. However I'm working from memory. Again, I shall check once I've slept.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Ally,

25 now.

And nary a vote suggesting Eddowes was responsible. Is Marriott not registered to vote?

Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
                            I think there's news reports of the organising of the patrols after Chapman. I will see if I can't locate them after I've slept.
                            Thank you, that would be much appreciated. Now get some sleep.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

And still not even a smidge of logical rebuttal. On another thread recently Debs spoke about people who bluster, call us all fools who can't think and then run and hide when asked to back up their assertions. I must say, she did nail it, didn't she?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

And still not even a smidge of logical rebuttal. On another thread recently Debs spoke about people who bluster, call us all fools who can't think and then run and hide when asked to back up their assertions. I must say, she did nail it, didn't she?
                                Nailed very firmly to the wall. But I seem to recall that Trevor went AWOL before, when 'called' on his accusations about a cartel.

Comment

Working...
                                X