Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another shot

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
    The second map isn't on display at the Royal London Hospital Museum.
    It looks ike a street map, with maybe an escape route marked ? Or is it a beat? (I just checked again - its the route to Wentworth Model Dwellings).
    It says on the first map (rthe one with the sketch of the body on it), that there is a plan 2 - so maybe this is it.
    It looks like there's another drawing to the left of the street map in the same frame.
    And another shot...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fostereddowes3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	663039
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      The second map is kept behind the counter. If you ask them they will get it out for you to look at.

Rob

That's nice. Just like being in an adult book store. The good stuff kept out of view. Not that I would know about such tings.

Chris
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
        That's nice. Just like being in an adult book store. The good stuff kept out of view. Not that I would know about such tings.

Chris
        Hey Chris,

When we viewed it some months back I got Rob to ask for it.

In return, I had to buy a copy of Razzle for him.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi All,

For those adult book devotees whose eyesight isn't what it used to be . . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	663040

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thanks, all for the extra info. and pictures,

Steve.

Comment

hello all,

Looking at the paln pf mitre square it looks as though entry and exit can be gained via St James Place. I thought the only entry exit points were Church Passage and Mitre Street or was St james Place blocked somehow.

Thank you

Regards

Waterloo

Comment

I've looked at the crime scene sketch before, and of course the photograph of Eddoes but for some reason tonight I really realized how she was cut right down the middle.

Wondering how he managed to do that through her clothing. I saw the sketch here, (thanks for that!) and evidently he: cut through her dress? Spent a bit of time unbuttoning her dress? I think I read somewhere they threw the clothing out? Is there anything written as to how the dress became completely open?

It seems it would take even that much more time out of his busy and short schedule in Mitre Square, of which he got quite a lot done, anyway.

Comment

Inspector Collard decribed how her clothes were cut in his written deposition for the Inquest.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

itemised list

Hello Barbara, Cris. I think there is an itemised list reproduced in Evans and Skinner's "Ultimate Companion." It also has the length of the cuts to the various articles of clothing.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

The Cut Garments

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello Barbara, Cris. I think there is an itemised list reproduced in Evans and Skinner's "Ultimate Companion." It also has the length of the cuts to the various articles of clothing.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Extract from the official list of Eddowes' clothing - I have included only those items on which cuts are mentioned, highlighting those sections:

Chintz Skirt, 3 flounces, brown button on waistband, jagged cut 6 1/2 inches long from waistband, left side of front, Edges slightly Bloodstained, also Blood on bottom back and front of skirt.

"Brown Linsey Dress Bodice, black velvet collar, brown metal buttons down front, blood inside & outside back of neck & shoulders, clean cut bottom of left side, 5 inches long from right to left.

Grey Stuff Petticoat, white waist band, cut 1 1/2 inches long, thereon in front at bottom of petticoat.

Very Old Green Alpaca Skirt, Jagged cut 10 1/2inches long in front of waistband downward, blood stained inside, front under cut.

Very Old Ragged Blue Skirt, red flounce, light twill lining, jagged cut 10 1/2 inches long, through waistband, downward, blood stained inside and out back and front.

White Calico Chemise, very much blood stained all over apparently torn thus in middle of front.

Mans White Vest, button to match down front, 2 outside pockets, torn at back, very much Blood stained at back. Blood and other stains on front.

1 piece of red gauze Silk, various cuts thereon found on neck.

2 Unbleached Calico Pockets, tape strings, cut through also top left hand corners, cut off one.

1 Blue Stripe Bed ticking Pocket, waist band, and strings cut through (all 3 pockets) Blood stained.

Regards, Bridewell.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

thanks

Hello Colin. Thanks. You are a lovely bloke.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Hi Bridewell,

No apron on Collard's list, I notice.

How did he miss this pivotal piece of evidence?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

From the official list of Catherine Eddowes' clothing and possessions:

1 piece of old white apron
                            Best Wishes,
                            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Hi Hunter,

"1 piece of old white apron" sounds like a dish cloth.

I would have expected something more along the lines of "Full white apron with piece detached."

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                                Extract from the official list of Eddowes' clothing - I have included only those items on which cuts are mentioned, highlighting those sections:

Chintz Skirt, 3 flounces, brown button on waistband, jagged cut 6 1/2 inches long from waistband, left side of front, Edges slightly Bloodstained, also Blood on bottom back and front of skirt.

"Brown Linsey Dress Bodice, black velvet collar, brown metal buttons down front, blood inside & outside back of neck & shoulders, clean cut bottom of left side, 5 inches long from right to left.

Grey Stuff Petticoat, white waist band, cut 1 1/2 inches long, thereon in front at bottom of petticoat.

Very Old Green Alpaca Skirt, Jagged cut 10 1/2inches long in front of waistband downward, blood stained inside, front under cut.

Very Old Ragged Blue Skirt, red flounce, light twill lining, jagged cut 10 1/2 inches long, through waistband, downward, blood stained inside and out back and front.

White Calico Chemise, very much blood stained all over apparently torn thus in middle of front.

Mans White Vest, button to match down front, 2 outside pockets, torn at back, very much Blood stained at back. Blood and other stains on front.

1 piece of red gauze Silk, various cuts thereon found on neck.

2 Unbleached Calico Pockets, tape strings, cut through also top left hand corners, cut off one.

1 Blue Stripe Bed ticking Pocket, waist band, and strings cut through (all 3 pockets) Blood stained.

Regards, Bridewell.
                                He CUT through these clothes? He was a real monster, wasn't he? Reminds me of the viciousness of Lon Chaney as the werewolf, a sudden real burst of power and madness.
                                Last edited by Beowulf; 05-31-2012, 07:04 AM. Reason: additional thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X