Richardson's View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	29 Hanbury Street rear.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	743132 Here's an earlier photo.Different door, not hung at the top step.
    Isn't this one of Richardh's 3D reconstructions?
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Would not surprise me.

He does amazing work.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• He sure does.

He's updating his site at the moment, so most of its not available. Fortunately, this little beauty still is:

Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• You will notice from this photograph that the door to the basement workshop of 29 Hanbury Street was recessed. Also that most illustrations show a canopy over the stairs leading down to it. So from Richardson's point of view sitting on the middle step the basement door was covered over, on his right, below and behind him.

How did he check the lock on the basement door without going into the yard?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RECESSED DOOR.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	743150
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
            He sure does.

He's updating his site at the moment, so most of its not available. Fortunately, this little beauty still is:

https://jtr3d.com/category/hanbury-street/
            That is truly amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
              You will notice from this photograph that the door to the basement workshop of 29 Hanbury Street was recessed. Also that most illustrations show a canopy over the stairs leading down to it. So from Richardson's point of view sitting on the middle step the basement door was covered over, on his right, below and behind him.

If he checked the lock he would have seen the body if the body was there. I'm still going with Dr Phillips on this which means I think the body was there. And I don't think he checked the lock. I think at most he pushed open the door a little as he gave a quick look down and right to see if anything was obviously disturbed in the yard. And then he turned and left. That's if he was there at all. Nota bene guys, I'm not saying this is fact. I'm just giving my opinion. I don't find Richardson's fairy story in the least bit credible.

Comment

• The Telegraph report (13-Sep) of the inquest says that when Richardson returned with the dessert knife he said "as it was not sharp enough he had borrowed another one at the market".

This appears to contradict what he said earlier about cutting the shoe on the step. Or should it be interpreted to mean that he did some cutting on the step and completed it with another knife later?

Comment

• Although it causes issues with TOD etc, I have always felt that Richardson's story is likely to be (at least mostly) true, simply because of its implications.

There has been a gruesome murder. It doesn't seem very logical that Richardson would tell police he had sat on the back steps, pootling about with a knife of all things, unless it was true. If he had never been in the yard that morning, surely it would have been far better to say as much.

But instead he admits he was right next to where the body was found, with a knife.

The bit about the knife not being sharp enough may have been an embellishment to his account, to try to stop the whole "in the yard, with a knife" bit sounding so potentially damning.

I can't think of a good reason he would want to tell the police he had been there, knife and all, if he hadn't, when he must have known how suspicious such an admission was probably going to sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickB View Post
                    The Telegraph report (13-Sep) of the inquest says that when Richardson returned with the dessert knife he said "as it was not sharp enough he had borrowed another one at the market".

This appears to contradict what he said earlier about cutting the shoe on the step. Or should it be interpreted to mean that he did some cutting on the step and completed it with another knife later?
                    yup thats another explanation

Comment

• Originally posted by Azarna View Post
                      Although it causes issues with TOD etc, I have always felt that Richardson's story is likely to be (at least mostly) true, simply because of its implications.

There has been a gruesome murder. It doesn't seem very logical that Richardson would tell police he had sat on the back steps, pootling about with a knife of all things, unless it was true. If he had never been in the yard that morning, surely it would have been far better to say as much.

But instead he admits he was right next to where the body was found, with a knife.

The bit about the knife not being sharp enough may have been an embellishment to his account, to try to stop the whole "in the yard, with a knife" bit sounding so potentially damning.

I can't think of a good reason he would want to tell the police he had been there, knife and all, if he hadn't, when he must have known how suspicious such an admission was probably going to sound.
                      bingo Az
                      he wouldnt. and he certainly wouldnt lie and say he was there with a knife no less, if he wasnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        You will notice from this photograph that the door to the basement workshop of 29 Hanbury Street was recessed. Also that most illustrations show a canopy over the stairs leading down to it. So from Richardson's point of view sitting on the middle step the basement door was covered over, on his right, below and behind him.

i dont know, bending over and turning his head to look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

i dont know, bending over and turning his head to look?
                          Considering all the gaps in the fence palings, it's a shame Cadosch didn't do that
                          Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

Considering all the gaps in the fence palings, it's a shame Cadosch didn't do that
                            why would he? he thought it was neighbors in the yard and took no notice

Comment

• Cadosch (fictional): Mmm, I wonder if that sound of a scuffle and fall against the fence three feet from where I was when I went out the door, was due to the Whitechapel Murderer, killing another woman? Maybe I should take a look? Nah, it's probably just the neighbors...

LOL
                              Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post
                                Cadosch (fictional): Mmm, I wonder if that sound of a scuffle and fall against the fence three feet from where I was when I went out the door, was due to the Whitechapel Murderer, killing another woman? Maybe I should take a look? Nah, it's probably just the neighbors...

LOL
                                LOL yourself. why would he think it was the whitechapel murderer? he said he often heard neighbors back there and assumed it was them. even people who heard far more suspicious things during this case ignored them.
                                seriously Not your crackpot theories and stupid reasoning is really getting tiresome.

Comment

Working...
                                X