Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You David Orsam for your great and detailed research!

I take my hat off to you Sir!

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

I was waiting for it and you didn't let me down!

Just as Florence's initials on Kelly's wall have made it onto every published version of the infamous photograph since 1888 but the diary detractors either can't see them or simply say they're not there, I knew that the response from you (or one like you) would be along the lines of "It's not a match"!

Oh you indulge me, Sir!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	256
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	738888
      Last edited by erobitha; 08-01-2020, 03:11 PM.
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
        Thank You David Orsam for your great and detailed research!

I take my hat off to you Sir!

The Baron
        Do you physically write "The Baron" everytime you sign off a post?

JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

As P&P said, what about the handwriting?
          If you read my brilliant Society's Pillar, you'd see that I acknowledge the handwriting as a concern.
          Iconoclast
          Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

No apologies needed, as far as I'm concerned, but rules are rules I suppose.
            Agreed.
            Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	256
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	738888
              And you are telling me that there is an example there which resembles the one inscribed in the watch? I wouldn't know where to start, there are that many differences

Comment

And you are telling me that there is an example there which resembles the one inscribed in the watch? I wouldn't know where to start, there are that many differences
                Izzy Iconoclast is just about to make me a lovely cup of tea and she has just said (entirely unprompted) that the 'K' in the watch looks exactly like the 'K' in Maybrick's signature, and she has no skin whatsoever in this game, so what do you say to that little 'corker'?
                Iconoclast

Comment

There's a shock.

There are differences even in his own hand on official documents written in ink. But you want an exact perfect copy with an etching tool?

The M on the watch has the same ornate starting loop on ALL examples except the cricket club.

The A is a diffuclt match but the docuemnts are joined up writing which is practically impossible to do cleanly with the tool used - it is a basic A.

The long loop drop of the Y is on ALL examples.

The R and I is too obscured by the watch detail to get a clear read. The C is much like the A in respect it's purpose is to be clear.

The kick in the lower part of the K is on all three examples and the watch. The loop in the upper K is on the watch, the will and mariage certificate.

This is more for those willing to take off their tinted glasses and look properly.
                  Last edited by erobitha; 08-01-2020, 03:34 PM.
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

There's a shock.

There are differences even in his own hand on official documents written in ink. But you want an exact perfect copy with an etching tool?

The M on the watch has the same ornate starting loop on ALL examples except the cricket club.

The A is a diffuclt match but the docuemnts are joined up writing which is practically impossible to do cleanly with the tool used - it is a basic A.

The R and I is too obscured by the watch detail to get a clear read. The C is much like the A in respect it's purpose is to be clear.

The kick in the lower part of the K is on all three examples and the watch. The loop in the upper K is on the watch, the will and mariage certificate.

This is more for those willing to take off their tinted glasses and look properly.
                    I wonder if you will agree with me, erobitha, that it is remarkable that the 'M' in Florrie's initials which apparently are not on Kelly's wall has the same rising second-half as that used throughout the scrapbook?

As Barry Davies was fond of saying: "Remarkable".
                    Iconoclast

Comment

I wonder if you will agree with me, erobitha, that it is remarkable that the 'M' in Florrie's initials which apparently are not on Kelly's wall has the same rising second-half as that used throughout the scrapbook?

As Barry Davies was fond of saying: "Remarkable".
                      I certianly wouldn't be confident enough to say it wasn't so.
                      JayHartley.com

Comment

Izzy Iconoclast is just about to make me a lovely cup of tea and she has just said (entirely unprompted) that the 'K' in the watch looks exactly like the 'K' in Maybrick's signature, and she has no skin whatsoever in this game, so what do you say to that little 'corker'?
                        Had on, I'll get me Twilight Zone specs on. Now then, which K are you referring to out of those three signatures supplied? Out of the three, two of them, the K comes back up with an upward curve. The other one (original will) looks nothing like the K as inscribed into the watch

Comment

There's a shock.

Tinted glasses? You can spot the differences at a hundred paces looking through a Hazlenut Swirl sweetie wrapper. The M is an M is an M. But really, how on earth can you render a discernible impression of your signature in tiny handwriting inscribed with a makeshift engraving tool into the back of a gold watch? Give ower.

Comment

• By the way. "Up the Arsenal"

Comment

How can it when it's not on Kelly's wall?

Comment

• There is another significant difference between Addison’s opening statement and Hopper’s supplementary statement. Addison stated that the Countess came to London to be operated on by Sir James Paget, Hopper says she came just to ‘see’ him.

Which was it? Did Addison just embroider the information he had received, or did he have additional information that didn’t appear in Hopper’s written statement?

DB is silent on the matter. As was the diary writer, who missed the opportunity to refer to ‘the sick bitch’ having gone under Paget’s knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X