This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Yeah, I'd like to know caz's position on the diary. She clearly doesn't believe it was a hoax by Barrett and co, so who DOES she think wrote it?
    I DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE IT.

NOBODY KNOWS.

IF THEY DID WE WOULDN'T STILL BE HERE - NOW WOULD WE?

Good grief, how hard can this be, people???

If The Baron has cracked it and will be identifying the diary's handwriting in three days from now, I will be full of admiration and looking forward to reading more of those unread books on the shelf, finally sort out the mess of old family photos and what have you currently under the bed, and even start a new hobby. Lobster extraction is looking like a definite possibility.

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

"Modern hoaxer/old hoaxer"

Simple and painless.
      You asked who I thought wrote the diary, Harry D.

The above is not even a question.

But if you're now asking me when I think the diary was written, I'll give you the answer I've given many, many, many, many times before.

I DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN.

NOBODY KNOWS. SOME ONLY THINK THEY KNOW.

I DON'T ACCEPT THE LUDICROUS ARGUMENT THAT IT WAS WRITTEN AS LATE AS APRIL 1992.

FOR ALL I KNOW, GIVEN THE UNIDENTIFIED HANDWRITING AND THE INCONSISTENT AND INCONCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC RESULTS, PEN COULD HAVE BEEN PUT TO PAPER AT ANY TIME BETWEEN LATE 1889 AND 8TH MARCH 1992, THE DAY BEFORE I BELIEVE BONGO SAW IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Last edited by caz; 07-29-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
        Keith feels Monty makes the best ripper suspect. [Just as ridiculous. Monty is my cat and swears he isn't old enough. I believe him.]
        I feel all ripper suspects lack the proper substance.
        Hi Caz,

Two things:

1) Bizarre coincidence. Your cat is called Monty. My car is called Monty (no word of a lie).
        2) Do you think James Maybrick would have passed the Premier League's Fit and Proper Person's Test to own Newcastle United? I only ask because I'm starting to give up hope on the Saudi prince thing and sort of casting around for other potential owners. I'd rather have a dead serial killer than My Cashley.

Cheers,

Ike
        Iconoclast
        Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

FOR ALL I KNOW, GIVEN THE UNIDENTIFIED HANDWRITING AND THE INCONSISTENT AND INCONCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC RESULTS, PEN COULD HAVE BEEN PUT TO PAPER AT ANY TIME BETWEEN LATE 1889 AND 8TH MARCH 1992, THE DAY BEFORE I BELIEVE BONGO SAW IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. [/B]
          Or EARLY 1888?

Just putting it out there. I still have three days left of doing so ...

Cheers,

ike
          Iconoclast

Comment

Of course I care who wrote it, Columbo. This isn't an effing game of Cluedo.

You would actually lock someone up and throw away the key on Bongo's say-so - Bongo the Biggest Liar in the World - presumably because you don't care who actually wrote it?

The real Columbo would be scratching his head in despair.

Love,

Caz
            X
            Yep, that's the response I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Hi Caz,

Two things:

1) Bizarre coincidence. Your cat is called Monty. My car is called Monty (no word of a lie).
              2) Do you think James Maybrick would have passed the Premier League's Fit and Proper Person's Test to own Newcastle United? I only ask because I'm starting to give up hope on the Saudi prince thing and sort of casting around for other potential owners. I'd rather have a dead serial killer than My Cashley.

Cheers,

Ike
              Ah, but does your Monty talk to you in your dreams, or just go honk, vroom?

My Monty regularly talks to me in my dreams and is a natural comedian. I wake up laughing every time at what he comes out with.

We returned from holiday in one dream, and Monty said in a Welsh accent: "Ah, so you're back then, are you?"

Another time I tried to stop him jumping from a high window, but he took no notice and went for it. Fearing the worst, I looked down and he was picking himself up, saying: "Phew, that was a close one!"

More recently someone wanted to know if Monty could type, and he piped up: "Yes, I can type."

[This is all to distract Ike from my total inability to answer his question related to the Toon Army. Don't tell Ike.]

Love,

Caz
              X

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post

Yep, that's the response I expected.
                So why ask?

[Don't tell him, Ike.]

Love,

Caz
                X

Comment

• I get it now. You’re the surly, angry character on the boards. Well I would be very interested to know the suspected forger you think is responsible since the man who confessed isn’t on your list.

Comment

In that same sworn affidavit, erobitha, Mike claimed he had wanted to expose the diary as a fraud as early as December 1993. He failed miserably to achieve this six months later in June 1994, so then came the affidavit seven months later in January 1995. He then had another 21 years to prove his affidavit had been truthful. So who was preventing him from ever doing so? If he didn't want to prove it for fear of getting nicked for fraud, who was forcing him to swear that affidavit in the first place? Who was forcing him to say anything at all, when he went to Harold Brough with his 'hold the front page' story in June 1994?

I wonder what was happening in December 1993, that made Mike want to expose his own hoaxed diary as a fraud? This was just two months after co-authoring the first diary book with Shirley Harrison, when it was in The Times best seller list.

Make any sense to you?

No, nor me.

But here in DAiry World, even the most arrant nonsense can appear to make sense to the Bongo Believers if they shut their eyes and ears and just believe hard enough.

Love,

Caz
                    X

Caz
                    In post 215 I set out the main points from Barrett's first affidavit and suggested that the proving or disproving of these salient points might go along way to proving or disproving the reliability of the affidavit and ultimately Barrett's involvement in any conspiracy, and I asked you, and any of the other diary believers to reply as to whether or not these points have in fact been proved or disproved.

I hope that your failure to answer by you and any of the others were freudian slips, and not because they can be proved to be correct

Comment

I get it now. You’re the surly, angry character on the boards. Well I would be very interested to know the suspected forger you think is responsible since the man who confessed isn’t on your list.
                      Hi Columbo,

You may be mistaking me for someone else?

I really am not the surly or angry 'character' you have been told to expect. In my experience, those who are tend to self-destruct in the long run. Life's far too short to punish myself in that way. But if that's what you choose to believe, from reading my posts and making up your own mind, that is entirely your prerogative, and I feel sympathy for anyone living with such negative thoughts about someone they claim to have only just 'met' through these message boards, but don't actually know the first thing about them.

I'm not exactly sure what I've done to offend you this quickly, apart from having a different opinion from your own [which is par for the course around here], but sincere apologies anyway. Hope you'll get used to it and hang around, so your own sunny disposition will shine through all the doom and gloom.

Buck up, me dear, it'll be LOBSTER Day before you know it!

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

Hi Columbo,

I really am not the surly or angry 'character' you have been told to expect. In my experience, those who are tend to self-destruct in the long run. Life's far too short to punish myself in that way. But if that's what you choose to believe, from reading my posts and making up your own mind, that is entirely your prerogative, and I feel sympathy for anyone living with such negative thoughts about someone they claim to have only just 'met' through these message boards, but don't actually know the first thing about them.

I'm not exactly sure what I've done to offend you this quickly, apart from having a different opinion from your own [which is par for the course around here], but sincere apologies anyway. Hope you'll get used to it and hang around, so your own sunny disposition will shine through all the doom and gloom.

Love,

Caz
                        X

Calumny,

Seriously, mate - despite the agreeable tone, she's got a switchblade she sharpens daily on her wit. If I were you ... well, thankfully I'm not, but you get the picture ...

Ike
                        Scarred scared sacred
                        Iconoclast

Comment

Hi Columbo,

Love,

Caz
                          X

No offense taken

Comment

• No offense taken

Comment

No offense taken
                              We read you the first time.
                              Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Caz
                                In post 215 I set out the main points from Barrett's first affidavit and suggested that the proving or disproving of these salient points might go along way to proving or disproving the reliability of the affidavit and ultimately Barrett's involvement in any conspiracy, and I asked you, and any of the other diary believers to reply as to whether or not these points have in fact been proved or disproved.

I hope that your failure to answer by you and any of the others were freudian slips, and not because they can be proved to be correct

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                                Er, my failure to answer, my dear Trevor, might have something to do with the fact that you define me as a 'diary believer'.

Why is it not up to one of the host of Bongo believers out there to prove the reliability of his affidavit? Why is it up to me - a Bongo disbeliever - to disprove the reliability of a document positively riddled with proven dating errors and inconsistencies, which is currently held together by a known liar's claims but no actual hard evidence? Even our resident Baron acknowledges the unreliability of its content, or he wouldn't have had to flog Bongo's dead horse into life again by changing it to an affy-David of his own to get the poor dumb beast under starter's orders.

Why don't you tell the rest of us which 'main points' in that affidavit you accept as reliable and why?

That might get quicker results in the long run.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Last edited by caz; 07-29-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X