This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

It has already been proven that the only visible letter on the wall is the logo of MacDonald.
    Now two hypothesis:
    1) Jack MacDonald
    2) A man who greatly disliked burgers (José Bové ?)

Hope it helps.

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
      Hi all,

It has already been proven that the only visible letter on the wall is the logo of MacDonald.
      Now two hypothesis:
      1) Jack MacDonald
      2) A man who greatly disliked burgers (José Bové ?)

Hope it helps.

Amitiés,
      David
      Yes, David, that certainly helps the investigation along.

Had a Double Mac the other week in Middlesboro. Excellent. Hadn't realised I was subsidising Jack decendents.

Soothy

Comment

• Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
        i've never been able to see the letters either.
        Get your eyes tested, then.

People like you shouldn't be driving ...

Comment

• Key tenets of The Cult followers:

1) The journal must always be described as easily-contrived (complexity, even if it is called a fake, lends it credibility);
          2) Deny anything and everything that could possibly support the journal's authenticity (the journal must at all times be a shoddy fake);
          3) Say Nay and say it loudly, frequently, and in large numbers - humans are fundamentally weak, they want to be on the winning side (look at how many fans Manchester United have), so the weak must be encouraged to join in the bullying and the violence of the mind in order that Truth should be suppressed.

I could go on, and maybe soon I will. The Cult needs to be exposed, but that is for another day.

I am also aware that the vast majority of Cult members have never actually bothered to read anything about the Maybrick case, so I shall occasionally highlight some interesting parts of the case for Maybrick, and seek The Cult's reactions. Obviously, these reactions will comply with the three tenets listed above, but we'll just have to live with that. For today, I just wanted to quote from Shirley Harrison's 'The American Connection' in which she herself quotes from Dr. David Forshaw from Broadmoor Hospital (my empasis in bold):

If the journal is genuine then it tells a tragic tale. It makes sense. This is an encouraging sign for its authenticity. However, there are other possibilities ... it would seem that the most likely options are that it is either genuine or an extremely good modern fake. If it is a fake then it is as remarkable as if it were genuine. It would be very hard to fake ... a considerable amount of work would have to be done, even by someone or a team already familiar with serial killers and the Maybrick and Ripper cases. The faker would have had to work hard to mimic the thoughts and feelings portrayed in the journal, though it might be easier if they had a similar psychopathology to begin with.
          A thorough examination of the journal and its provenance are essential components of deciding if it is authentic. If such an examination proves indecisive and all falls back on the content, then I would argue in that case, on the balance of probabilities from a psychiatric perspective, it is authentic.

This is an eminent psychiatrist making the case that - if the journal were forged - it was written with a profound insight into the mind of a serial killer, and written in a style which, if it were all simply down to content, would certainly fool him.

On this site in the past, Cult members have mockingly claimed to be competent enough to create such a journal in a weekend. Some have gone as far as to say an eleven year old could have written it.

I think it is clear from Dr. Forshaw's comments, above, that such an interpretation is hugely implausible. The Cult members write this stuff in order to perpetuate the myth that the journal is a shoddy piece of work. Far from it, it is widely recognised as a significant body of work, for which the jury remains firmly out. The Cult can't accept that, of course, as this could threaten The Quest. So the journal has to be dismissed out of hand as worthless, when the reaity is that it is the only significant piece of evidence we have around the Ripper mystery. I leave it to you to decide quite why so few embrace it amongst so many who profess an interest in its theme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
            humans are fundamentally weak, they want to be on the winning side (look at how many fans Manchester United have),
            With this in mind, how do you explain the large turn out at St James Park?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
              With this in mind, how do you explain the large turn out at St James Park?
              Good point. An element of blind stupidity can infect us all for forty or fifty years, sadly.

Three points:

1) Let's see how many turn up next season (after all, most of them had paid for their season tickets last season); and

2) Less than 8,000 turned up for our last home game of the season against Wrexham when we were relegated in 1977-78, and less than 20,000 were following the Toon before it was officially the Toon and before Keegan turned things around in 1991-92; and (most crucially of all)

3) I actually meant 'around the globe'.

Nevertheless, good point, Jon.

PS Are you any relation to Dickie Guy of Wimbledon fame?

Comment

Are you any relation to Dickie Guy of Wimbledon fame?
                Blimey ,Sooth, he`s pre-Panini stickers!!!

Comment

• i think a cop wrote it someone who knew the case well, i don`t belive for a minute james was the ripper.

Comment

• Hi Sooth,
                    Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
                    This is an eminent psychiatrist making the case that - if the journal were forged - it was written with a profound insight into the mind of a serial killer
                    Just goes to show that there's a very fine line between "talking heads" and "talking bollocks".
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• 2) Less than 8,000 turned up for our last home game of the season against Wrexham when we were relegated in 1977-78, and less than 20,000 were following the Toon before it was officially the Toon and before Keegan turned things around in 1991-92;
                      Take heart, Sooth. When the Villa plummeted to the old Third Division in the 1960's, they achieved what stands to this day as a record crowd in that Divison (the current First Division, I believe) of 48000 when they played Bournemouth who were also looking for promotion (believe it or not). I was there, behind the goal at the Holte End, and it remains in my memory as one of the best games I ever saw at Villa Park.

But on to more serious matters. Over the past couple of days I've re-read Caz's book on The Diary (well, okay, hers and Skinner's and a bloke called Seth Linder) and I repeat what I said in an earlier post: had Barrett and Feldman not got their hands on the thing, matters may well have been vastly different. I still can't see the Diary as being anything other than a fake, but who faked it and when still remain unknown. Ink, anachronisms (real and fanciful), the fact that the Diary really could have been written by someone who'd read a few JtR books, letters on the wall...a rat, a rat, I smell a rat....

Graham the Unconvinced
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        ...a rat, a rat, I smell a rat....

Graham the Unconvinced
                        That's what comes of spending time in the Holte End ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Hi Sooth,Just goes to show that there's a very fine line between "talking heads" and "talking bollocks".
                          Flynny,

Wish you'd stop sitting on the fence ...

The Soothster

Comment

• Originally posted by Doppelganger View Post
                            i think a cop wrote it someone who knew the case well, i don`t belive for a minute james was the ripper.
                            Helpful, thank you.

Comment

That's what comes of spending time in the Holte End ...
                              Rats were the least unpleasant smells in the Holte End...I mean, we had to put up with supporters of - gulp! - Leed United.

Graham
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                Rats were the least unpleasant smells in the Holte End...I mean, we had to put up with supporters of - gulp! - Leed United.

Graham
                                And if you were still in the third-ranking division, you would still have to!

Ho ho!

(You just know this is going to backfire on me in a season's time.)

Comment

Working...
                                X