Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
    If you believe the journal is authentic, you would assume that Maybrick was simply helping the 'poem' along. After all, it's one of his better attempts at doggerel. The rest are pretty awful. I don't take it as meaning literally 'all over the place', which is funny really as his next line is something like "I left it all over the place".
    Ah right, so it's not to be taken literally then, you need to add a big pinch of salt.

    Or rather you need to take it literally that there are initials but then flip and ignore the fact that they are supposed to be "here" and "there" and all over the place.

    And this is your killer blow, a pair of initials that are vague and a matter of opinion, and to cap it all off they aren't where the "journal" says they should be.

    Fairy snuff.
    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
    Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

    Comment


    • Somehow I have a feeling that Sooth is totally yanking everyone's chain. His explanation about the "Michael writing verse" mistake is that Maybrick just didn't *understand* what his brother did. Right. Because Maybrick was a total retard who was so mentally deficient he didn't know the difference between words and music.

      Seriously, no one can be that illogical or demonstrate the sheer stupidity and lack of reason that sooth is displaying in his arguments. Then combined with his challenging and meant to be irritating: "It's proven, case shut" type of statements, it all adds up to one thing: pot stirring troll.

      Let all Oz be agreed;
      I'm Wicked through and through.

      Comment


      • True Ally. I believe he did say that his wife thinks he's nuts, and that he's fighting a losing battle, or something like that.

        Mike
        huh?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Victor View Post
          Ah right, so it's not to be taken literally then, you need to add a big pinch of salt.

          Or rather you need to take it literally that there are initials but then flip and ignore the fact that they are supposed to be "here" and "there" and all over the place.

          And this is your killer blow, a pair of initials that are vague and a matter of opinion, and to cap it all off they aren't where the "journal" says they should be.

          Fairy snuff.
          I think you're over-complicating here, Vicster.

          He appears to have daubed the letters 'FM' on Kelly's wall (the clue is that we can see them in every version of Kelly's wall you'll ever see), and later on reflected on this fact with a bit of doggerel. If you take it literally (that an initial would be 'here', and an initial would be 'there') then I am not surprised you are confused.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ally View Post
            Somehow I have a feeling that Sooth is totally yanking everyone's chain. His explanation about the "Michael writing verse" mistake is that Maybrick just didn't *understand* what his brother did. Right. Because Maybrick was a total retard who was so mentally deficient he didn't know the difference between words and music.

            Seriously, no one can be that illogical or demonstrate the sheer stupidity and lack of reason that sooth is displaying in his arguments. Then combined with his challenging and meant to be irritating: "It's proven, case shut" type of statements, it all adds up to one thing: pot stirring troll.
            Ally,

            You flatter me so!

            Incidentally, I most definitely didn't suggest that Maybrick (or anyone else for that matter) didn't know the difference between words and music. I've no idea why your brain would take you there?

            I suggested that Maybrick may not have realised what his brother actually did for a living. He may have been so jealous of his famous brother that he couldn't bring himself to discuss it with him and therefore didn't realise that Michael only wrote the music.

            As an aside, why would the forger get such an easily researchable detail wrong given that he or she did a fair bit of digging in the books (despite the claims of Mr Harris)?

            Soothster the Great

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              True Ally. I believe he did say that his wife thinks he's nuts, and that he's fighting a losing battle, or something like that.

              Mike
              > he's fighting a losing battle

              With her and her spending, certainly.

              The family Soothsayer are being brought to their knees by her reckless inflammation of the credit card.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ally View Post
                Somehow I have a feeling that Sooth is totally yanking everyone's chain. His explanation about the "Michael writing verse" mistake is that Maybrick just didn't *understand* what his brother did. Right. Because Maybrick was a total retard who was so mentally deficient he didn't know the difference between words and music.

                Seriously, no one can be that illogical or demonstrate the sheer stupidity and lack of reason that sooth is displaying in his arguments. Then combined with his challenging and meant to be irritating: "It's proven, case shut" type of statements, it all adds up to one thing: pot stirring troll.
                Incidentally, I am going to laugh so much when the journal is finally proven beyond doubt.

                The fact that it has never been proven a fraud must irk you all unbearably, does it not?

                All the experts favour its authenticity.

                Of course, you'd only know that if you actually read something about it! (Something The Cult of Ripperology would never dream of doing, of course.)

                Harrison's 'The American Connection' is an excellent place to start. Pretty well nails it beyond doubt as authentic. I particularly love Dr Canter's notes at the end.

                Comment


                • lol

                  Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
                  Get your eyes tested, then.

                  People like you shouldn't be driving ...
                  I just saw this!

                  I don't drive (only other people mad!) funnily enough Soothsayer. Nothing to do with eyesight, just never learned.

                  You'll have to be ruder than that to annoy me though, if you were trying to.



                  Was such rudeness called for by the way?
                  babybird

                  There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

                  George Sand

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                    I just saw this!

                    I don't drive (only other people mad!) funnily enough Soothsayer. Nothing to do with eyesight, just never learned.

                    You'll have to be ruder than that to annoy me though, if you were trying to.
                    You big piffle thing!

                    (How's that for nasty?)

                    PS Are you seriously trying to tell us that there are another 66 of you on this website??????

                    Comment


                    • i hope not!

                      i am the one and only, unique and irreplaceable babybird (with dodgy eyesight)
                      babybird

                      There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

                      George Sand

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                        i am the one and only, unique and irreplaceable babybird (with dodgy eyesight)
                        While we're on the subject, how's your hearing?

                        Comment


                        • pardon?

                          you'll have to speak up a bit....
                          babybird

                          There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

                          George Sand

                          Comment


                          • Oddest thing Soothsayer.

                            I just "met" you and already you're grating on my nerves.

                            Helpful hint: gratuitous insults are not the way to convince people of the validity of your arguments.
                            "It's either the river or the Ripper for me."~~anonymous 'unfortunate', London 1888

                            Comment


                            • Shurely Shum Mishtake?

                              Just for the record, fellow posters, there wasn't the slightest hint of innuendo in my recent post (the washing-up gloves one). I was genuinely being my usual tongue-in-cheek, lovable rogue with a brilliant detective pedigree. It seems that either some folk read innuendo where there was none, or else there is a euphemism out there which I wasn't aware of.

                              It irks me terribly, but I guess I should apologise if I have (inadvertantly) given offence.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mrs. Fiddymont View Post
                                Oddest thing Soothsayer.

                                I just "met" you and already you're grating on my nerves.

                                Helpful hint: gratuitous insults are not the way to convince people of the validity of your arguments.
                                Mrs Fiddymont, absolutely nothing short of a full, written, signed, and witnessed confession from Mr Maybrick would convince most people who post on this website that the game is up, so I guess I don't actually imagine it is possible.

                                If you're looking for a fuller assessment of what it means to be insulted, please read this thread in full and you will note that the insults come thick and fast and very quickly, and not initiated by me.

                                Some folk take themselves unbearably seriously and cannot cope with a bit of lighthearted banter. Personally, I love it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X