No announcement yet.

Charles Lechmere: Prototypical Life of a Serial Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How ridicuous to hear Edward Stow wittering on in one of his 'House of Lechmere' videos that a jury or investigator would find a Pickfords depot in Poplar most 'probative' in terms of Lechmere as a suspect in the Mylett case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post
      How ridicuous to hear Edward Stow wittering on in one of his 'House of Lechmere' videos that a jury or investigator would find a Pickfords depot in Poplar most 'probative' in terms of Lechmere as a suspect in the Mylett case.

Poplar High Street, where Mylett was found murdered, is (according to Google) about 3.8 miles from Old Broad Street, where Lechmere worked.

Mylett's body was found at about 4.15 a.m. on a Thursday morning and was still warm.

I don't think anyone, including Stow - or whatever his name is - is going to claim that Poplar High Street was on Lechmere's route to work from his home in Bethnal Green.

Assuming Mylett died no earlier than about 3.45 a.m., and Lechmere left for work at about 3.30 a.m., he would have had to travel south - in completely the wrong direction - in order to be in Poplar High Street in time to murder Mylett a quarter of an hour later or even later, in which case he would surely have arrived late at work.

Why would Lechmere go south?

Had he taken such a route on 31 August, he would have missed the chance to leave what Stow calls Nichols' freshly slain body in Buck's Row.

As ever, the case against Lechmere depends on his being wherever his accusers need him to be, whenever they need him to be there.
      Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 06-02-2023, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
        Macnaghten was relying on memory?
        Almost everything Macnaghten said about Druitt, Kosminski, and Ostrog was wrong; so clearly he was relying in his own memory, not quoting official records.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Almost everything Macnaghten said about Druitt, Kosminski, and Ostrog was wrong; so clearly he was relying in his own memory, not quoting official records.

Are you suggesting that he could not be bothered to get his facts right by consulting the records to which he had easy access before committing pen to paper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post
            How ridicuous to hear Edward Stow wittering on in one of his 'House of Lechmere' videos that a jury or investigator would find a Pickfords depot in Poplar most 'probative' in terms of Lechmere as a suspect in the Mylett case.
            Almost everything Stowe says is ridiculous.
            "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Are you suggesting that he could not be bothered to get his facts right by consulting the records to which he had easy access before committing pen to paper?
              Almost everything Macnaghten said about Druitt, Kosminski, and Ostrog was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Almost everything Macnaghten said about Druitt, Kosminski, and Ostrog was wrong.

I have made the same point myself, but it is not an answer to my question.

Comment

Poplar High Street, where Mylett was found murdered, is (according to Google) about 3.8 miles from Old Broad Street, where Lechmere worked.
                  Clark's Yard, between 184 and 186 Poplar High Street, was seven addresses away from the Pickfords 'receiving office' we have seen advertised as being at no.170. Clark's Yard is also less than 300 yards from the site of the large Pickford's depot on the other side of the road.

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I don't think anyone, including Stow - or whatever his name is - is going to claim that Poplar High Street was on Lechmere's route to work from his home in Bethnal Green. [Etc...]
                  I can only assume that in the world of 'Private Investigator' -- or whatever his name is -- no worker is ever required to put in an appearance at one of his employer's other sites, or to relocate permanently from one site to another.

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

Clark's Yard, between 184 and 186 Poplar High Street, was seven addresses away from the Pickfords 'receiving office' we have seen advertised as being at no.170. Clark's Yard is also less than 300 yards from the site of the large Pickford's depot on the other side of the road.

I can only assume that in the world of 'Private Investigator' -- or whatever his name is -- no worker is ever required to put in an appearance at one of his employer's other sites, or to relocate permanently from one site to another.

M.

Most members here do not use their real names and I simply followed that tradition when I joined.

That is quite different from using a different name from one's real name in a situation in which one would normally use one's real name.

As for your points about the depots, you are reinforcing the point I made, which is that Lechmere is relocated according to the requirements of his accusers.

He allegedly visited his mother on a Saturday night and then went to Berner Street on his way home (which it is not) before going a mile further away from home to commit another murder.

We are told that Miller's Court was on 'one of his routes' to work, even though Stow says he does not know whether Lechmere was at work that day and Christer has suggested he may have been on holiday.

What, then, is the relevance of his routes to work and how can we even know that there was more than one?

Then Hanbury Street is allegedly on 'one of his routes to work' even though neither the medical nor the eyewitness evidence suggests a time of death to enable Lechmere to have killed Chapman while on his way to work.

Stow has Lechmere visiting another depot on the night of the double murder, but does not explain why he would be admitted to it on his day off nor how he would explain any bloodstains.

Then Lechmere has to be relocated to another depot to get him nearer to the site of the murder of Rose Mylett.

The fact that he has to be moved around suggests he was innocent.

Comment

• for me its not neccessarily crucial that lech killed on his way to work, but that that route and his mums home brought him by or very near to all the murder sites. in other words, he would have been very familiar with those roads and its inhabitants, including prostitutes ie. his victims. Did he see them before? did they accost him, were they comfortable with him because he was seen on almost daily basis? and IMHO if he was tje ripper i actually dont think he killed on his way to work, but on days off. with the exception of nichols of course, which may have been his trigger kill.

Comment

Most members here do not use their real names and I simply followed that tradition when I joined.

That is quite different from using a different name from one's real name in a situation in which one would normally use one's real name.

As for your points about the depots, you are reinforcing the point I made, which is that Lechmere is relocated according to the requirements of his accusers.

He allegedly visited his mother on a Saturday night and then went to Berner Street on his way home (which it is not) before going a mile further away from home to commit another murder.

We are told that Miller's Court was on 'one of his routes' to work, even though Stow says he does not know whether Lechmere was at work that day and Christer has suggested he may have been on holiday.

What, then, is the relevance of his routes to work and how can we even know that there was more than one?

Then Hanbury Street is allegedly on 'one of his routes to work' even though neither the medical nor the eyewitness evidence suggests a time of death to enable Lechmere to have killed Chapman while on his way to work.

Stow has Lechmere visiting another depot on the night of the double murder, but does not explain why he would be admitted to it on his day off nor how he would explain any bloodstains.

Then Lechmere has to be relocated to another depot to get him nearer to the site of the murder of Rose Mylett.

The fact that he has to be moved around suggests he was innocent.
                        If the above contained good faith questions, I would happily respond to them. As it is, it's just spattercrap, and I leave you sitting in it.

I wrote about the Poplar sites for the sake of interested newbies and passers-by -- who will already have been thinking 'Could Lechmere have found himself legitimate 3.45am access to a new killing-ground, once he'd used up so many locations in the old home-work-family triangle?'

M.

Comment

If the above contained good faith questions, I would happily respond to them. As it is, it's just spattercrap, and I leave you sitting in it.

I wrote about the Poplar sites for the sake of interested newbies and passers-by -- who will already have been thinking 'Could Lechmere have found himself legitimate 3.45am access to a new killing-ground, once he'd used up so many locations in the old home-work-family triangle?'

M.
                          Ridiculous post. Lechmere was a witness and there is no proof whatsoever that he was a serial killer.

Comment

• I refer readers to # 254 below.
                            Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 06-04-2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

M.

I don't think you did write what you wrote in # 248 just 'for the sake of interested newbies and passers-by'.

You quoted twice from my # 242, and your comment beneath the second quote was a personal remark about me.

As for your allegation that I do not write in good faith, I refer 'interested newbies and passers-by' to my reputation, which is still 10, in spite of all the muck that has been thrown at me by a vocal minority.

Your reference to excrement and sitting in it is not worthy of a reply.​

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Ridiculous post. Lechmere was a witness and there is no proof whatsoever that he was a serial killer.

What Stow is doing to Lechmere is similar to what Cornwell has done to Sickert.

Stow has so far suggested that Lechmere was responsible for six (if he agrees with Holmgren about Tabram; if not, I suppose he will threaten to sue me) Whitechapel murders, four Torso murders, and the murder of Rose Mylett.

Cornwell has accused Sickert of the Whitechapel murders, the murder of John Gill in Bradford, the murder of Caroline Winter near Newcastle, and the Camden Town murder, which took place two decades after the earlier murders.

She claimed that Sickert had murdered more than twenty people.

Someone here once suggested that Aaron Kosminski had committed other murders.

I would like to see a scintilla of evidence that any of these three people ever killed anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X